COLOR BOX BLOCK SWAP : Hostess Susie

rated by 0 users
This post has 114 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:45 PM

lol, Rhonnie! Can't wait to hear what you got at the LQS!

Roxana & Amber--I received your packages.  I need to get mine done.  Isn't that bad?  I'm hositng the swap and don't have my blocks even started yet!  I have been tossing it around in my mind on what I'm going to do with them and have it figured out.  I really shouldn't put the cart before the horse, though.  I'm just so excited about these! 

And I haven't peeked at them to see what they look like.  All I did was open the packages to make sure that they were the exchange and not my RR tops.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 2:11 PM

Susie, mine are in the mail today. receipt said to expect them to arrive on Wed. Looking forward to see them all.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:34 PM

Susie:

Amber--I received your packages.  I need to get mine done.  Isn't that bad?  I'm hositng the swap and don't have my blocks even started yet!  I have been tossing it around in my mind on what I'm going to do with them and have it figured out.  I really shouldn't put the cart before the horse, though.  I'm just so excited about these! 

And I haven't peeked at them to see what they look like.  All I did was open the packages to make sure that they were the exchange and not my RR tops.

Susie - There should be 2 sets with mine. One from me and the other from Carol W. We sent ours together to save postage.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:06 AM

I found better choices this time. I have to say I will return to that LQS.

I was there few years ago during quilt shop hop. I was so impressed with the selection of fabrics...colors and styles. It was wonderful. After DH even looking around he said we must return to this shop they have a large variety of fabrics I never seen and the lady was very nice. So we picked out the 2 fabrics for the swap.....I like it even better than the first two. I came out with just enough fabric to do my blocks....3 yards of each fabric. Do you think I have enough this time in case DH decides to help sew again *giggles*. Oh wait that means another trip right cause I won't want to use my stash? *big grin* But DH did find a table runner he wants me to make for his sister. I got a few other things off the "trinket" wall as DH called it.

I have to also tell on DH he walked in looking at several quilts hanging up on display. He was in with the childrens fabrics I said those are not black or gray. He says no but you could make that quilt if I can find all the fabrics. He was actually disappointed due to not finding one of the main fabrics. I'm thinking he wants a bright dinosaur quilt for him *giggles*

We got home checked all the critters. I have rabbits about to have babies so that is check on the often time. I love how cute they are when they are so little. So again I get done and head for the sewing room to have a little relax time and I get that dreaded call "MOM can you come over here?" from my kid that doesn't do that often.....so I take off to help him deal with his issues. I'm beginning to think my sewing room hates me! *pouts*

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 8:28 AM

Amber--yep, two sets in your package.  I'm guessing you want me to send them back together as well?

Rhonnie--you have a keeper, that's for sure!  My son told me that I need to find a guy that will understand my need for quilting is like his need to breathe.  Odd that it would come from my son, but he is very insightful.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 5:28 PM

Susie:
I'm guessing you want me to send them back together as well?

Yes, please.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:53 PM

How are we doing, Ladies?

I FINALLY have my fabrics.  I'll get them done either tonight or tomorrow, so we will be good to go.  I soooo can't wait to play with these!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:21 PM

Doing fine. Blocks should be delivered to you today. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:24 AM

Kristie--I got your package!

I think we are just about done...I'll check them when I get home tonight so I can give you all a heads up on any that may be missing.  WOOHOO!!  This is going to be so much fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 7:07 PM

Hi Ladies!  I finally was able to remember to pull out the packets and list those that I have received. 

Melissa, Thistle, Rhonnie---How are you ladies doing on yours?  Mail date is coming up.  Please let me know if you are having trouble :)

Choices for the second color:
Red-------Kristie------Received
Blue----thistle
Yellow------Amber-----Received
Pink-----Carol W-------Received
Purple------Melissa
Green-----Bonita---------Received
Silver/Gray---Rhonnie
White---Susie (me!)
Orange------Roxana------Received
Teal/Turquoise------Sue J-------Received
Cream------Roxana-----Received
Brown---thistle

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:45 PM

I'm sorry I am behind lately. It seems I'm lucky to have too much going on but sewing is usually my break. It seems driving is my break lately. Yesterday I was watching the miracle of birth...I have another baby goat. The baby goat made me think of this block.

I have the grandson this weekend and with gloomy rainy weather he has cabin fever...that combo doesn't make for easy sewing time.

I apologize for not having them completed sooner. I hope this evening will give me the needed time to complete them. I just wanted to check in so you didn't think I jumped off a bridge somewhere.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 19,290

Susie:
Melissa, Thistle, Rhonnie---How are you ladies doing on yours?

So sorry I'm so late. I was finished with the blocks about 2 weeks ago. I thought I had mailed them before I left for Denver. I got back on Thursday but still forgot. I've had a lot on my plate lately. That's really no excuse, it's just an explanation. I will have them in the mail to you tomorrow. Thank you so much for hosting this swap. I loved doing it.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 8:44 AM

Ladies..no worries, really!  Mine aren't completely finished yet, either.  I was just wanting to touch base to get an idea of how you are doing!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 8:50 AM

Thistle--I tried to send you a PM, but you haven't accepted my friend request yet.  Please accept my friend request so I can send you my home address to mail the blocks.

Thanks!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:43 AM

Ladies--I haven't heard anything from thistle, so we may be 2 block short on the swap.  I'll see if I can get them done before the rest come in so that we have a full swap.  Just wanted to let you all know where we are!  I know it's been a really long swap and we are all anxious to see the results, but please be patient just a bit longer! 

I'm hoping that they will all be to me by Wednesday next week so I can get them out by Saturday, the 11th.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 6 of 8 (115 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use