COLOR BOX BLOCK SWAP : Hostess Susie

rated by 0 users
This post has 114 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 12:40 PM

I have the cream cut out and am happy to do the orange as well if you need me to. I have orange in my stash! Just let me know.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:55 AM

Roxana-I haven't heard from Liz as yet.  My thinking is that she may decline, just based on her message to me that she would love to participate but thought the dates would be a conflict.  If you want to go ahead & do the orange ones as well, that would be great!

How is everyone else doing?

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 2,280
Sue Jones replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:46 AM

I have mine done and ready to ship, just tell me when.

Sue

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

I'm am so looking forward to this swap. My LQS is closing and these are the last days, so I am off to get my fabric today. I thought I had enough fabric, but alas, no black and not enough to do purple on two different quilts I'm working on. Did I mention that I am not a very organized person.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:41 AM

Sue--YOu can send them to me whenever you would like.  I will put them in a bin and keep them safe from inquisitive little hands.

Melissa--sad that your LQS is closing, but how awesome that you can get some good deals! 

With doing black & white, I have so much of both that I won't need to shop...but that doesn't mean that I won't!  If I head out of town this weekend, there is a QS that does retreats that I will make a point of visiting.  I've heard really good things about them and really would like to see what they are all about.  Who knows...maybe a retreat organizer is in my future...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Susie:

Sue--YOu can send them to me whenever you would like.  I will put them in a bin and keep them safe from inquisitive little hands.

Melissa--sad that your LQS is closing, but how awesome that you can get some good deals! 

With doing black & white, I have so much of both that I won't need to shop...but that doesn't mean that I won't!  If I head out of town this weekend, there is a QS that does retreats that I will make a point of visiting.  I've heard really good things about them and really would like to see what they are all about.  Who knows...maybe a retreat organizer is in my future...

Susie, I have to thank you for hosting this swap. This is the first "block" swap I've done. THANK YOU!  I'm very sad about my quilt shop closing. I've made some very good friends there. I'm kind of a lone quilter as I live so far from anywhere. Shopping on line is my friend.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 4:38 PM

Susie, I'm happy to do the orange ones as well. Count on me!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

Susie i looked back to make sure what color i had and i noticed my name wasnt on the list.. i was wondering didnt you see my post or was it just bypassed.. i had posted before i went into the hospital and i had said i would do the brown  .. now i see someone else has it.. well i guess i will have to wait till the next swap since i wasnt  added..   kinda frustrated me cause i bought brown fabric . oh well .. life goes on i guess.. hope allyou ladies have fun

Lisa Fenner

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:36 AM

Oh, Lisa!  I am so very sorry that I didn't see your post.

I did go back to see where I missed it, but it still isn't showing up on this thread.  Did you maybe post it on a different thread by mistake?  The swaps can get a little crazy with the general idea thread where swaps are discussed before they "go live" in their own thread.  I thought I checked back to make sure that I had everyone.

I feel really bad, especially since we have a couple ladies doubling up on colors so we can have a full color box.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:35 AM

Just where do I put my name on the finished blocks? Do I put it where it will be seen when the quilt is put together or do I put it in a seam where it will disappear? This is my first block swap so I am still learning. Thanks for letting me participate. This is fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:17 AM

Roxana--good question!

I would love to see the name along an inside curve.  I don't want it to be really large, but I do want to give credit to those that have helped out with this fun quilt!

Does that work for everyone?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 2,280
Sue Jones replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:59 PM

I shipped mine a couple days ago.

Sue J

Sue

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 9:29 AM

Sue J--I did receive yours.  Sorry for the delay in letting you know.  It's been a really rough week for me with Mom dying and all of that.  I haven't looked at them...only opened the envelope to see what it was.  But the glimpse I got was lovely!  Great colors!

I'm really hoping to get some good sewing time this weekend.  I am refusing to do anything holiday related.  I need to be able to grieve and just can't seem to get private time to do so.  This weekend doesn't appear to be giving me any, either.  I may just have to check into a hotel for a day or two to get away from all the noise and chaos that is my home life.

How is everyone else coming on their blocks?  Remember that we have plenty of time to get them done, I just wanted to touch base with everyone.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 2,280
Sue Jones replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:43 PM

Susie sorry for you loss, if you need any help let me know.

Sue J

Sue

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Oh Susie, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry about your loss. It was such a hard time for me also when my mother passed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Post Points: 35
Page 4 of 8 (115 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use