rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,843
Points 248,979
Barbara Posted: Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:39 PM
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:30 PM

FYI as of January 27 th here are new mailing prices. stamp increase as of May 1st

Flat Rate Envelopes

Legal Flat Rate Envelope

Padded Flat Rate Envelope

Small Flat Rate Box

Medium Flat Rate Boxes

Large Flat Rate Boxes

APO/FPO Lg Flat Rate Box

this is domestic retail, I am not sure what discount will be available on line.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

FYI Judy T, Carolyn, Thea, Barbara, Melissa, Candy; you may want to copy paste the increase into your swap pages, the PO lady told me today that the Boxes will be available as well as the envelopes. You quilters doing round robin and state blocks may be interested in buying before the 27th.
The increase is for both postage and the cost of the supplies as per P.O. clerk

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:41 AM

Thanks for the info, I ordered mine today!

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,843
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:26 AM

thanks CarolAnne for the information . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Just note that if you want to buy before the 27th to mail after the 27th, you have to buy the prepaid envelopes/boxes with FOREVER postage.  There are also regular prepaid boxes/envelopes with regular postage and those will NOT work if mailed after the 27th.  

Not all post offices are stocking the prepaid forever packaging - mine is not and does not plan to - but you can order online if you want to order at least 5.

To keep it simple, I've ordered some prepaid forever envelopes that I plan to use for mailing back to participants in my swap (and for other personal use).  That way, the return postage I stated in my original post doesn't have to change.  I also already mentioned the rate increase in that thread, so I don't think I want to copy/paste the specific information - since my return postage is not changing, I worry that that posting a different set of prices in there might confuse the issue.

Thanks very much for this information and I think it's a great point you make about sharing the information with fellow swappers.

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,435

The other option, and one I use, is to buy your postage thorugh www.paypal/shipnow.com using First Class parcel rate if package weighs below 13 ounces, and quilt squares are almost always below that.  The current rate is $2.99 including tracking.  

Brigit-Carol

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use