State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Okay I have spent a quiet moment opening the quilt blocks of the states.  I think each block is simply beautiful!  As I held each block and read each story, I felt increasingly proud to be an American.  The states blocks that I have lived in ot visited brought back good memories.  The states blocks  I have not visited just renewed my resolve to go there and visit.  Ms Florida, reminded me of the happy times spent there with my daughters Nat'l 

I have had time to visit each block and I have to say overall I am proud to be an American!  The blocks are absolutely stunning and this will be a cherished treasure.  Some of the different states have been my home, some I have visited and have happy memories, and the rest I plan to visit in the future. Thank you one and all from the Pacific to the Atlantic, the Gulf to the Canadian boarder.

Melody

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I think this site is still having issues.  The top message was erased.  The second a new message to replace the first one that was erased.  Sorry for the duplicate.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320

I am so impressed with the expertise on the blocks.  They are wonderful.

HOWEVER, due to a mix-up one of you got my very bad square.  I had one that a bunch of the points are pointless and had a note on it for Judy to send back to me as I didn't have time to re-make it before I sent it.  Apparently the note came off and I am mortified to discover one of you got that disaster.  Please, please, if you are the unfortunate person, PM me and I'll switch with you.  I do not want any quilt to have that block in it.  Thanks.  

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,665

Brigit-Carol:
 I had one that a bunch of the points are pointless and had a note on it for Judy to send back to me as I didn't have time to re-make it before I sent it.  Apparently the note came off and I am mortified to discover one of you got that disaster

Brigit-Carol is right, she did send a note but I flubbed up and must have returned the wrong one to her. I love her Texas blocks and the one I have are all pointed very nicely. I really understand how she feels, if there was one I didn't like I wouldn't want anyone to see it either. But, maybe it's not nearly as pointless as you think Brigit-Carol?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:43 PM

So who is posting pictures of the blocks for the rest of us to see? I realize everyone may not have theirs but when they do, I want to see pictures!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:53 PM

Roxana:

So who is posting pictures of the blocks for the rest of us to see? I realize everyone may not have theirs but when they do, I want to see pictures!

Me too!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,665

Roxana:

Roxana. I was waiting for everyone to get their blocks. I think Annie and Patricia are the only ones who haven't received them yet.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:44 PM

I got mine today, but didn't get home until late. So I have just looked at the blocks. I'll save reading them until tomorrow when I can keep my eyes open. I love them all can't wait to see how everyone puts them together.  Thank you Judy for hosting this swap, you are a sweet and kind lady. I'm glad I got to meet you in Mo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:16 PM

I got home from work tonight to find a nice surprise waiting for me. Thank you to all you ladies for making these beautiful blocks and providing me with some more American history.

A special thank you to Judy for hosting a well run swap.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,906
Points 33,150
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:23 AM

Yes, thank you, Judy for hosting the group so patiently. You've done a wonderful job. I can't wait to see the photos of the blocks and then follow-up photos of the projects made with them.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 924
Points 17,125

I'm hoping my blocks arrive today...can hardly wait to see them.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Judy,

I received my blocks yesterday and I am so excited.  They are all so beautiful.  Give me a day and I will be glad to post pictures of all of them so everyone can see them.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,665

Karen Hollis:
I received my blocks yesterday and I am so excited.  They are all so beautiful.  Give me a day and I will be glad to post pictures of all of them so everyone can see them.

That would be great Karen but let's wait until the last packet is delivered. I've been checking tracking numbers and Patricia's should be delivered today. Annie's won't get there until Monday. We don't want to spoil the surprise for her.

I have a photo that I'll be posting and encourage others to do the same. Some sent different blocks so we won't all have the same.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

n

Judy T-Bellingham:

Brigit-Carol:
 I had one that a bunch of the points are pointless and had a note on it for Judy to send back to me as I didn't have time to re-make it before I sent it.  Apparently the note came off and I am mortified to discover one of you got that disaster

Dear Carol,  Please don't worry about a goof.  The blocks are so wonderful and that any flaws I consider beauty marks.  I love each of my blocks and would rather not look for the flaws.  This is a great quilt project!

Your do beautiful work!!!!!!  Thank you for a lovely Texas block.

Melody

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,665

MelodyP MO/KS:

Please don't worry about a goof.  The blocks are so wonderful and that any flaws I consider beauty marks.  I love each of my blocks and would rather not look for the flaws.  This is a great quilt project!

Your do beautiful work!!!!!!  Thank you for a lovely Texas block.

I agree with Melody. Sometimes the little "oops" in blocks can make them rather special. I know I had issues with some of mine. I sat back and finally said "they are what they are". It usually looks worse to the maker than to the receiver.

Page 21 of 23 (334 items) «Prev1920212223Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use