State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

All blocks are received, packaged and will be at the Post Office Monday afternoon.
Thanks everyone for participating. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Hip Hip HOORAY!!!!!!!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 17,435

Judy, thank you for coordinating!  As always, you have done an excellent job.  Looking forward to receiving the blocks, then putting them together into a quilt.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

Hip, hip, hurrah!  Can't wait to see them. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:24 AM

So happy to hear that, Judy.

You must be so relieved.  I have only hosted 2 swaps and I was so nervous trying to make sure everything is correct and "just so", and all my squishes were on time!

I  do thank you for your patiance!

Happy quilting, everyone and I can't wait to see what you all do

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

I have a suggestion for anyone hosting a swap. You guys probably already know this.

1. Require that all participants use the flat rate envelopes. 

2. When you prepare the packages to return to everyone and are sealing the packets, don't put tape over the stamps.

Because several were difficult to get closed, I diligently taped several of the packets shut very securely. Well, dumb me I didn't know the post office couldn't accept them if the stamps are taped over. 71 years old, a professional bookkeeper for 30+ years and I didn't know that.

When the postal clerk told me the stamps were no longer valid, I about died. Luckily, he was beyond helpful and patiently removed enough of the tape on those packages I had taped over so he could stamp them with the cancellation stamp. I think he made an exception in some cases because that tape was so secure it just wasn't coming off. Nice man probably felt sorry for an old lady.

So, packages are all on their way. Those who used priority mail should receive their packets in a few days. Others may be next week.

Let me know when they arrive.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:15 PM

Judy,  This is great news!  It's like Christmas!!  Great job with everything.  Thanks for all you did to make this a successful swap.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 12:58 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I have a suggestion for anyone hosting a swap. You guys probably already know this.

1. Require that all participants use the flat rate envelopes. 

2. When you prepare the packages to return to everyone and are sealing the packets, don't put tape over the stamps.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe we can all learn from it that whether the flat rate envelope is requested, we ought to use it anyway! I've filed this post so I'll remember it should I host another swap. My current swap doesn't end until the first week in September!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy T,  I'm excited!  Thanks for the heads up!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:08 AM

Judy,

Thank you for all you have done, I know my package was a pain.  Please let me know if I owe you anything...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

Don't worry about it Annie, not worth the price of a stamp. I'm just glad they are on their way and hope all arrive safely.

If I'm ever back down to San Diego I'll hold you to an ice cream cone.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 6:07 PM

Judy,

Yes please, if you're every down this way, I would love to see you.  I have a spare room (aka my sewing room).  My daughter recently moved from Tacoma area after her husband left the army so I have no excuse to come up your way, but you should come here, the weather is terrific.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy T  my quilt blocks came today!  I haven't open it yet but wanted to let you know.  Will check in after I look.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

MelodyP MO/KS:

Judy T  my quilt blocks came today!  I haven't open it yet but wanted to let you know.  Will check in after I look.

That's great Melody. You're the 2nd to arrive. Brigit-Carol also got hers today.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 1:23 PM

Mine arrived today too and I didn't wait to peek.  I ripped the package open as soon as I could.  Thanks for including the quilt design you made.  All the blocks are wonderful.  I love each one.  They were worth waiting for.  Now to find some sashing fabric and get started on putting them together.

Page 20 of 23 (334 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use