State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

I wished I was that strong.  LOL  I am with most things but not with quilting.  It is like Christmas every day.  I can't wait to see all of them.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 17,565

Thought I'd check in to let folks know I'll still alive and kicking!  My test block is made and the ladies at the quilt shop approved, so that means a lot to me.  The test block came in a bit small, so I'm refiguring the measurements and will probably make another test block.  Thankfully  have tons of Texas fabric.  This size block is not a normal size I make, so I'm having to enlarge a pattern I liked and thought I had it right.... Ah well, this next one will be a winner!  And Judy, there is no way I could receive blocks and not steal a peek.  Steel Magnolia you are.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Brigit, if you have a block that's slightly too small send it anyway. I'll keep it for mine. You don't need to make more.  I have one that came out a little too small and a bit wonky. It's going to be mine. 

Hey,  I can be the Home of Misfit Blocks! Send me the block too small,  block a bit wonky,  block striving to be loved. I'll put them all in a quilt of State Blocks Not Quite Perfect. Fits me to a T. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 17,565

Judy T-Bellingham:

Brigit, if you have a block that's slightly too small send it anyway. I'll keep it for mine. You don't need to make more.  I have one that came out a little too small and a bit wonky. It's going to be mine. 

Hey,  I can be the Home of Misfit Blocks! Send me the block too small,  block a bit wonky,  block striving to be loved. I'll put them all in a quilt of State Blocks Not Quite Perfect. Fits me to a T. LOL

Love it! Reminds me a bit of the inscription on the base of Lady Liberty.... Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled [too small and wonky squares], yearning to breath free,

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:30 AM

Hi Judy,

I completely forgot about this swap.  I haven't been on line as much and since I don't see these posts until I dig deeper into the groups area, it was kinda "out of sight, out of mind".  

How do you all keep up and track all the posts that don't appear on your home page??

Is it just me?

Anyway, I hope to get started on the blocks ASAP.  Already have the design, I figure that's always the hardest part anyway.....

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Annie:

I completely forgot about this swap.  I haven't been on line as much and since I don't see these posts until I dig deeper into the groups area, it was kinda "out of sight, out of mind".  

How do you all keep up and track all the posts that don't appear on your home page??

Good morning Annie. I get the posts I'm interested in right in my email. It sounds like alot of email, but I have it set so they group by subject matter so it is easy to delete those I don't want.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, May 6 2013 12:39 PM

I thought about that, I have it disabled right now because I was getting so much stuff.

Judy T-Bellingham:
I get the posts I'm interested in right in my email. It sounds like alot of email, but I have it set so they group by subject matter so it is easy to delete those I don't want.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Fri, May 10 2013 1:46 PM

Annie:

I get email as well. Everything shorted by discussion and moved to a QCA folder. My inbox isn't cluttered and I don't have to visit the site to read, only to respond.

I've got all my blocks cut and the first one sewn. My coworkers assure me it looks good (I wasn't sure my choice for background would work).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Kris:
I've got all my blocks cut and the first one sewn. My coworkers assure me it looks good (I wasn't sure my choice for background would work).

Great Kris. Really looking forward to seeing them. But, for those mailing early, I AM going to wait to open packets until all have arrived. George doesn't believe me either.

How about the rest of your folks? I've heard from only about 4 or 5 so far. How are you ladies doing? Having a good time with the blocks I hope.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Fri, May 10 2013 3:40 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
How about the rest of your folks?

Been reading about all the progress everyone is making.  Me?  Going through a rough patch right now but will have them finished by deadline.  Don't know if I can finish before then with all the EOY stuff I have to get done for school.  I'll try hard but.......  Can't wait to see how well you can keep your promise to not peek until they are all at your home.  They're gonna be great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Fri, May 10 2013 4:12 PM

Judy, mine are all done,basting thread picked out and all trimmed to size. Just need an address, and they can be own their way. Judy I applaud your will power.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Patricia

Got your packet. Such a lovely fat package just crying out for me to peek. I won't I won't I won't..........But I am fondling it, rattling it, holding it up to the light. LOL.  Not sure why I'm putting myself through this, just trying to exercise some discipline I guess and be showered with opening all packages at once, like on Christmas.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Happy Mother's Day, tomorrow!  I hit the panic button this morning when I realized that our blocks are due in the not so distant future.  So as of today my sights are on Kansas!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Karen. I was able to friend you but couldn't start a conversation from my iPhone. In out of town and will be home on Sunday. I'll PM you my address then. The deadline for sending the blocks is July 8th

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Received fabric today, have a revised plan, tomorrow I start sewing like a crazy person.  There will be no guessing what my state is.

MelodyP

Page 11 of 23 (334 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use