State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Good for you Brigit, glad you've got a pattern. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

I've run into a snag with my blocks. I pre-cut everything. Finished the center of the blocks and the thin inner border. But when I went to the next step I realized I'd cut the  next strips too short and don't have more fabric.

I have a possible work-around which will have to do. but right now I'm not in the mood. Just a bit grumpy.

Instead I'll work on MQ8 Step 3 tonight when it comes out at 9pm. Maybe that will perk me up.

Also, old guy next door is temporarily alone so we're going to have him over for dinner this evening. He's a sweet old fella and we enjoy visiting with him. But, ugh, I'll have to set the table (we normally don't even bother with that).

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:15 AM

Judy,

I also have hit a snag. I'm unable to do much in the sewing room since I'm out of commission with muscle spasms. Can't sit to sew and forget about rotary cutting.

I'm hoping recovery comes sooner than later. I'm using up my vacation time. Arrgh!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Kris:

Judy,

I also have hit a snag. I'm unable to do much in the sewing room since I'm out of commission with muscle spasms. Can't sit to sew and forget about rotary cutting. I'm hoping recovery comes sooner than later. I'm using up my vacation time. Arrgh!

Oh Kris. I'm so sorry. How awful. I hope you can get some relief.

I did finally get past my snag by doing a bit of redesigning. I had cut some pieces wrong and didn't have any more of that fabric. I found a work-a-round and, hopefully, are on the home stretch. I'm happy with the blocks and am so looking forward to seeing the others.

I am going to make a suggestion to everyone. When you send your packet I would suggest you add delivery confirmation on both the one you send and the return packet. It's really up to you.  But, a few weeks ago I sent a package to a friend and she never got it. If I'd just spent a little bit more I could have tracked it. As it is, the USPS can't help me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Hi, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. You still have 2-1/2 months to complete your blocks so no worries. I know at least one person has her blocks finished. I'm just one afternoon away from putting the final pieces my blocks. I keep getting distracted with other things, like MQ8 or some cool pattern I just have to play with.

Weather is gorgeous here in the far corner of the Pacific Northwest.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:42 PM

Judy,

I've started cutting my blocks. It's slow going but I'll get there.

Weather here has regressed. We're really cold again, freezing at night. I actually had to scrape my windshield last night. When will it end.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Kris:
Weather here has regressed. We're really cold again, freezing at night. I actually had to scrape my windshield last night. When will it end.

kris, I'd like to say it ends with the coming of Spring but obviously, in Maine, that's not always the case. Today is a balmy 62 degrees and sunny. I saw folks out in shorts today and guys without shirts.

Ahh, I love it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

We got hit with winter this morning and the temps are to set record lows for this time of year.  Then we have a warm up on the way!  I have a pattern, and some fabric but am waiting for my sister to enlarge my pattern so I can start cutting and sewing.  That's all for me!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

MelodyP MO/KS:
I have a pattern, and some fabric but am waiting for my sister to enlarge my pattern so I can start cutting and sewing.

Thanks for checking in Melody. You have plenty of time. Of course, with your cold weather this would have been a good time to cozy down and sew!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:07 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

kris, I'd like to say it ends with the coming of Spring but obviously, in Maine, that's not always the case. Today is a balmy 62 degrees and sunny. I saw folks out in shorts today and guys without shirts.

Ahh, I love it!

We have turned our heat back on. We expecting a little warm up over the next few days but the nights are still dropping below freezing. I think spring is a bust I'm looking for summer now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Aarrgh! Frustration at the finish line. Last block, I messed it up and I don't have any more of the main fabric. It came from my stash. If I can't find any more,  I'll patch it as best I can and it will remain as my block. 

I have a cupboard shelf cleared out just for the swap blocks. So if you finish early and want to get them out of your way, you can  PM me for my address. I know there are at least two who are finishing early. I'm not going to peek at the packages until all are in (mailing no later than July 8).

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 16,125

Judy T-Bellingham:

. I'm not going to peek at the packages until all are in (mailing no later than July 8).

Judy, you have great restraint if you don't peek!  I know I couldn't...I'd be ripping those babies open to see what's inside! 

Will PM you to get your address.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Patricia Faye:

Judy T-Bellingham:
. I'm not going to peek at the packages until all are in (mailing no later than July 8).

Judy, you have great restraint if you don't peek!  I know I couldn't...I'd be ripping those babies open to see what's inside! Will PM you to get your address.

Well, Patricia, I figure it will be good for me to stare at those unopened treasures. Builds character you know!  Actually, the cupboard I'm putting them in is in the back room, with a door. So I won't have to look at them every day. Now if, a couple months down the road, I go into a panic and say I can't find them, remind me they are in the back room closet, top shelf! LOL

And, if anyone is concerned, ours is and always has been, a non-smoking house.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Judy T-Bellingham:

Patricia Faye:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Judy, you have great restraint if you don't peek!  I know I couldn't...I'd be ripping those babies open to see what's inside! Will PM you to get your address.

Well, Patricia, I figure it will be good for me to stare at those unopened treasures. Builds character you know!  Actually, the cupboard I'm putting them in is in the back room, with a door. So I won't have to look at them every day. Now if, a couple months down the road, I go into a panic and say I can't find them, remind me they are in the back room closet, top shelf! LOL

And, if anyone is concerned, ours is and always has been, a non-smoking house.

Patricia, I'm right there with ya, Sista'  I'd be snatchin and rippin'  LOL  Judy, you are a true Steel Magnolia!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:45 PM

Judy,

you're a stronger woman than I. I would open everything before the mailman even let them go. LOL.

I'm almost done cutting and hope the sewing goes faster. I have to sit down to rotary cut and I can only tolerate it for short periods of time. I'll get there. 

Page 10 of 23 (334 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use