State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

I'm still here.  No blocks made yet.  My problem is I keep changing what I want to do.  I really want to include a star, since we are the Lone Star State, but the only patterns I've found with a five pointed star are paper pieced.  Not sure I want to do that for 12 blocks.  But I have found some great "Texas" fabric -- way too many pieces for this swap, but Texas focussed fabric just keep jumping off the shelves into my arms! 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Brigit-Carol. Texas fabric sounds great. No need to get complicated. If the fabric is jumping off the shelf into your arms, don't fight it. Buy it!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:43 PM

I agree with Judy. You can't leave fabric like that in the store.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Oh, you guys are such enablers!  I love you for it.

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Brigit-Carol:

Oh, you guys are such enablers!  I love you for it.

Well, (blush) thank you Brigit. Kris and I are only too happy to encourage trips to the fabric store.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 2:12 AM

Always glad to help Brigit.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:03 AM

Hi all ,How are things going in this swap? I have let Judy just do her thing here. Hope all is going well . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Barbara:

Hi all ,How are things going in this swap? I have let Judy just do her thing here. Hope all is going well . Barbara

And Judy is doing her thing very well, thank you.  I think we are all on-plan -- still deciding, playing with arrangements and planning on sewing.... sometime!

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Brigit-Carol:

Barbara:

And Judy is doing her thing very well, thank you.  I think we are all on-plan -- still deciding, playing with arrangements and planning on sewing.... sometime!

I like that Brigit. ".....planning on sewing....sometime".  That sounds like me! I am sewing, just not being real productive at it. I keep getting distracted. But, I'll be done on time!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Judy T and the rest of us seem to talk the same language so she is doing great, Barbara.!  lol 

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 1:27 AM

thanks I'm very happy to hear all is going well . I don't have to worry about any of you then. I look foward to seing all of your blocks  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Folks. One person has already finished her blocks and sent a pm to ask me about sending them to me now. I did reply to her but thought this might be a good thing to address in the group.

Even though I am so anxious to see the blocks, I'd really prefer to wait until everyone is finished, or no later than the deadline of July 8th. 
If there is a reason, like vacation or something, that you need to send them to me earlier that would certainly be OK. Let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Perhaps this is also a good time to re-post the guidelines.

State Block Swap Guidelines

1. Blocks are to be completed and in the mail by July 8th.
  2.  If everyone completes their 12 blocks before six months, we’ll complete the swap earlier and I’ll PM everyone my mailing address.
  3. When you mail me your blocks, please include a postage paid return envelope and be sure your name and mailing address are on it.
  4. More than one person from a state may participate.
  5. We all know “things” happen, but please don’t sign up unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to complete the swap.
  6. If someone wants to be on a waiting list and make blocks, just in case someone drops out, that’s fine with me.

Details:

1. Size:  14-1/2” unfinished.
  2. Anything from your state or region. Examples would be a state bird, animal, event, landmark, state flag, event, etc.
  3. You will make 12 blocks. They may all be the same or all different. But all must represent some area of your state and be 14-1/2” square unfinished.
  4. Blocks may be pieced, appliqued, embroidered, paper pieced, whatever is your preference. There are no color restrictions.
  5. Attach something to each block, such as a post-it-note, with an explanation such as “Orca Whale, Washington State”. (No, this is not what I'm making!) This is so everyone knows what state the block represents.
  6. When everyone has sent me 12 blocks, I'll have them back in the mail within a couple days. 

I hope this makes sense. I want it to be fun for everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 5:01 PM

Hi Judy,

I haven't started but I finally have my design and I've purchased my fabric. I'll have to send mine early.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Kris:

Hi Judy, I haven't started but I finally have my design and I've purchased my fabric. I'll have to send mine early.

That's great Kris, glad you're on the moving train. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Well, I finally decided on a pattern and have made up a mock block since I was increasing a pattern from 12.5 to 14.5".  Now to decide on the fabrics.  I have WAAAAAY too many Texas fabrics.  Need to decide on two prints to go with the two solids. 

I marked my calendar to be finished May 15th.  I'll mail anytime you want after that. 

Brigit-Carol

Page 9 of 23 (334 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use