rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 11:55 AM

Annie:
I'm afraid it's not too elaborate and I'm pretty sure I will be making the same block for all of them

I'll be making one block as well since I want everyone to have the same one. Plus, it keeps me from having to come up with more than one design.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Kris, I am doing the same pattern for my state and hope to find just the right fabric. Thought I had but changed my mind.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:32 PM

Thank you all, I feel a lot better after reading all your comments.  I am going to buy my fabric this afternoon and start working on them next week during my week off.  I am adding more and more on my to do list for my week off, I may have to tack on a few more days. hehe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

I, too, have bought fabric for the state swap but after working it, decided I didn't like it so I wanted something else.  I am glad to hear that I am normal.  LOL  I am waiting on some awesome material to come in and then I will get started again.  I can't wait for it to come in.  But, I should say the bluebonnets are beautiful in Texas.

Karen Hollis

Texas girl

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Hey ya'll, just making sure I'm still here! lol Things got quiet after the Branson Retreat.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

MelodyP MO/KS:
Hey ya'll, just making sure I'm still here! lol Things got quiet after the Branson Retreat.

Melody, we must have had wave lengths going back and forth. As I was coming home from the store I thought "Gotta rattle some cages on the State Block swap"!

Yep, I have them on my work table.  After Branson, I'm just now getting back to doing some sewing and the unfinished blocks are staring me in the face. I have the hard part done so the rest should go fairly quickly.

How about the rest of you? How are you doing? Having fun I hope. I am so excited about seeing all the blocks. One of the perks of being the coordinator.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 934
Points 17,430

Hello everyone!  I finished my Oklahoma blocks after I returned from a 5 week visit to my daughter's in Maryland.  I took some appliqué to work on while I was there but alas she has no sewing machine.  I was having some withdrawal symptoms, but my little 14 month old granddaughter kept me busy most of the time.  Had a great visit but it's always nice to come home. Oklahoma is the Sooner/Boomer State!   I like the blocks so I hope you all do too.

My connection to Oklahoma is my maternal grandmother & my Dad.  Both lived there for a large part of their lives.  It is about an 8 hour drive from where we live in Texas & we rarely head that way any longer since my Dad passed away.  I have fond memories of visiting my Grandmother when we were children & later as an adult.  My Dad moved there in the 60's after my parents were divorced.  However, I was born & raised in Texas and although I moved away I always come home to Texas!  

Looking forward to seeing & receiving your blocks.  This will make a wonderful throw.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

I am still here and around as well.  I know it has been quiet, but working hard to get it all going.  LOL  Have a Happy Easter everyone.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:11 PM

I'm still here as well. Still trying to get over the cough I came home from Branson with. I hand basted 7 more pieces today and have one block complete. The basting is taking more time than I thought it would. Once I get that done the machine stitching will go pretty fast. I will be ready by the deadline!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:34 PM

Still here in the "thinking" stage of the process. UGH.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,478
Points 41,325
Mimi replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm still in the "my kitchen is all over my house" stage of things.   I really am hoping to start this weekend.  Got the fabric and the pattern.  Now all I need is time.   But I'll have them done by the deadline.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

Good to hear from you guys and your progress. Kris, it's progress if you're thinking about it. After all, isn't that our main design board? LOL

I was going to work today, but life happened and I'm staying home with George. (he's fine, just me still not used to all of this and being overly concerned). I won't waste my time, I'm going to actually finish at least 3 state blocks and then move on to work on the quilt from the Branson retreat. Or, maybe the McKenna Ryan goat pattern. Or, no, maybe the border on the monkey panel for a kids charity quilt. Or......... Rats, I forgot, I have to fix a meal for my sons who are coming over to help get our RV ready to sell.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I will be, FINALLY, going home for a week from Easter weekend to the next weekend and then back to Ks. I am going to order the fabric this week end so that while I'm home I can cut the blocks out. The sewing will then be dome where ever. My machine goes with me where ever I go. I'm ready to get these blocks started!!!!!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,912
Points 124,870

MelodyP MO/KS:
The sewing will then be dome where ever. My machine goes with me where ever I go. I'm ready to get these blocks started!!!!!

You go Melody! Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:03 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Kris, it's progress if you're thinking about it. After all, isn't that our main design board? LOL

I keep nixing each new idea when I think of how much work it will be. I'm hoping one clicks soon.

Page 8 of 23 (334 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use