rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:24 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Since we've had at least couple folks prefer no photos, here's what I suggest to keep interest up. As you decide on designs, fabrics, colors, whatever, post something that may describe a piece of it; like a teaser. Maybe something like "I found the best fabric for the green hairy critter on my block" or "I just finished the first block and the purple people eater really describes my state". 

I think this might be more fun than pictures. Keep everyone guessing what you are making by giving little hints at topic or fabric.

Judy, this idea gets my vote. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do . Good thing we have 6 months.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:34 PM

Judy,

I like your compromise. I had an idea for mine but after I drew it out I thought, "No way I'm making 12 of these." Back to the drawing board (graph paper).

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Judy I like the idea of posting some little teaser, In Fact that gets my vote, See that will keep us involved as these few months get past us. Can you believe it is already 011113

By MelodyP MO/KS in Fabric Swaps
Blue Bonnet ice cream has even made it as fare as Kansas and it's mmmmmmmm goooooooood! but very diffrent from Blue bells One is either way it's all good!lol
I am so laughing this AM with MelodyP.. BlueBell Ice Cream is in Kansas, and perhaps the Bluebonnets bloom alongside of the road there as well, but darlin' you have posted them backward.. lol you are my sunshine this morning. We sit at 49 degrees this morning, going to be close to 70 again very soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Caryl Anne, Just chalk it up to me being so left-handed I often get things mixed up.......would blame it on age but I have done it forever! LOL So glad I started your day with a smile!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

OK, Melody with all this Bluebells, Bluebonnet stuff I have the PERFECT block for you to do for Kansas.

Applique a tub of Bluebonnet ice cream on a background of bluebell fabric!  Or maybe the other way around. (snicker, giggle)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:20 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

OK, Melody with all this Bluebells, Bluebonnet stuff I have the PERFECT block for you to do for Kansas.

Applique a tub of Bluebonnet ice cream on a background of bluebell fabric!  Or maybe the other way around. (snicker, giggle)

Do we just love to send the LOVE to our sisters.. Still smiling
I am for eating the tub of BlueBell and going to the Hill Country to view the Bluebonnets & Indian Paint Brush.

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 510
PalmaRama replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:07 PM

Judy, 

May I please be added to this list?

I would greatly appreciate being allowed to participate.

Thanks

Jen

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

PalmaRama:
 Judy,  May I please be added to this list? I would greatly appreciate being allowed to participate. Thanks Jen 

Jen, we would love to have you but this swap is full at 12 people. I will put you on the waiting list in case someone drops out. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

I'm excited. I thought I had my blocks all planned out. But when I went to actually make one, it just wouldn't cooperate. Bad colors, lousy design. I thought and thought and suddenly it hit me "Duh, dummy, what is Washington State best known for?". It just fell into place from there.

I'm off to the fabric store for a couple fabrics and will make a block tomorrow during the Seahawks / Falcons game. 

Go Hawks!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:51 PM

Oh my gosh Judy, are you going to do a block based on the Twilight series? LOL I'm on Team Jacob. Don't want to cuddle up with a cold Vampire. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

Bonita:

Oh my gosh Judy, are you going to do a block based on the Twilight series? LOL I'm on Team Jacob. Don't want to cuddle up with a cold Vampire. LOL

Bonita, that gave me a chuckle.  I wasn't into that series and forget it took part on our Peninsula. We are actually going camping this summer in the Forks area and will be hiking up into the rain forest. I'll keep a lookout for things that go bump in the night.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

PalmaRama:
Judy,  May I please be added to this list? I would greatly appreciate being allowed to participate.Jen

Jen, are you still interested in taking part in this swap? Otherwise, I'll put out a call to the general forums but wanted to give you first shot. Caryl Anne had to drop out. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

I have a question for those of you who are signed up for the State Block Swap. We need twelve for a nice lap size quilt, 3 blocks wide x 4 blocks long. 

If we end up with fewer than twelve I have a suggestion so we don't have to cancel the swap, especially if some have made their blocks. Let's do the swap even if we have only 9, 10 or 11 participants.

Even if I only receive 9 or 10 blocks,  I can always use filler blocks of some kind or make a variation of my own block to complete the quilts.

What do you all think?

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 943
Points 17,505

Great idea Judy!  Works for me.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 3:52 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
What do you all think?

I think go for it.  Whatever happens I'll be happy just knowing that I've gotten some squares from different QCA friends.  Thanks for running the swap for us.

Page 5 of 23 (334 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use