State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:46 AM

Oh,Judy that means I'll get a sneak peak of your blocks.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Bonita:

Oh,Judy that means I'll get a sneak peak of your blocks. 

Hmmm, Bonita, I may have to borrow one of Nana's tents to work in secrecy! (grins)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

I can't wait to see all of the blocks.  It will be fun to see the 3 different blocks from Texas even.  Texas is so big and there are so many things that can be quilted.  I am so excited.  I love all of the states that are in.  This will make a beautiful quilt or what ever you are making of all of the blocks.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 12:43 PM

JUDY,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE DETAILS ARE WE TO MAKE JUST ONE THEME IN THE BLOCK SO THE FINISH QUILT WILL LOOK COHESIVE EVEN IF IT MAY BE  A BIRD IN ONE BLOCK AND A FLOWER IN ANOTHER BLOCK OR CAN WE PUT SEVERAL DIFFERENT STATE POINTS LIKE MINE WE HAVE THE BLUE CRAB AND THE BATTLE FIELDS AND BLACK EYED SUSAN I ASK SO THAT IT KEEPS ALL THE BLOCKS LOOKING LIKE THEY BELONG AND NOT STUFF TO MANY LOCAL POINTS. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE EITHER WAY FOR ME AS I AM SO EXCITED I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FINISHED QUILT AS I FEEL EVERYONE IS PUTTING A LOT OF LOVE AND TIME INTO THIS STATE BLOCK.

THANKS

FRANNYE

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

FRANNYE:

JUDY,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE DETAILS ARE WE TO MAKE JUST ONE THEME IN THE BLOCK SO THE FINISH QUILT WILL LOOK COHESIVE EVEN IF IT MAY BE  A BIRD IN ONE BLOCK AND A FLOWER IN ANOTHER BLOCK OR CAN WE PUT SEVERAL DIFFERENT STATE POINTS LIKE MINE WE HAVE THE BLUE CRAB AND THE BATTLE FIELDS AND BLACK EYED SUSAN I ASK SO THAT IT KEEPS ALL THE BLOCKS LOOKING LIKE THEY BELONG AND NOT STUFF TO MANY LOCAL POINTS. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE EITHER WAY FOR ME AS I AM SO EXCITED I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FINISHED QUILT AS I FEEL EVERYONE IS PUTTING A LOT OF LOVE AND TIME INTO THIS STATE BLOCK. 

Frannye, there is no central theme or colors.  I really think this will be a fascinating quilt even though mine may be greens and blues for the coast and mountains (or black and gold for state bird-who knows) and someone else may be browns or reds for sand and clay.

You can make 12 blocks all the same or 12 blocks that are different as long as they represent the state you are doing.
Does this help?

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 878
Points 16,330

Rather than do a 3rd block for Texas, I've decided to do one for Oklahoma - The Sooner State.  Hope that is OK?  

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:23 PM

YES THANKS

FRANNYE

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Patricia Faye:

Rather than do a 3rd block for Texas, I've decided to do one for Oklahoma - The Sooner State.  Hope that is OK?   

Patricia, Oklahoma would be great. So,here's the updated listing:

Judy - Washington

Melody - Kansas

Brigit - Texas

Mimi - Pennsylvania

Merry - Minnesota

Bonita - Florida

Karen - Texas

Frannye - Maryland

Kris - Maine

Caryl Anne - Nevada

Sue - Idaho

Patricia - Oklahoma

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:30 AM

Oh Darn I missed the cut off date :(

Let me know if you need more participants.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Annie:

Oh Darn I missed the cut off date :(

Let me know if you need more participants.

Shoot Annie. I'm sorry you missed it.  I'll put you first on the alternate list. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 222
Points 2,280
Sue Jones replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:22 AM

Annie,

You can have my spot - I am afraid I am taking on too much with my job and everything else I do.

I hope that is okay with everyone?

Thanks

Sue J

Sue

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Sue Jones:

Annie, You can have my spot - I am afraid I am taking on too much with my job and everything else I do. I hope that is okay with everyone? Thanks Sue J 

Annie? What do you think. Want Sue's spot?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

I got a pattern packet in the mail which  I was going to use for my state block. But, Oh My,  It's an England design and has about a gazillion paper piecings. So, I've found a simpler block to do. I plan to make the first block tomorrow and see if I like it.

I'm taking an EQ7 applique class with Quilt U starting this Friday. Maybe I'll come up with something there that I like better.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:17 PM

Ok. Id love to do it. 

Sorry it's taken all day to get back to you but had my last house guests leave today. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:17 PM

I will make California blocks. San Diego theme

Page 3 of 23 (334 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use