State Block Swap : Hostess Judy

rated by 0 users
This post has 333 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
EEEEEHHHHHHHA! I'm so happy to hear that! Takes the guess work and stress out of it, Mimi. Thanks for the update.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 9:50 PM

PLEASE ADD FRANNYE THE GREAT STATE OF MARYLAND!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Mimi:

.... I have a 12 inch finished block I want to make for our swap. ....

Remember that we need a total of 12 participamts for this swap. It's fine if you want to get started. But if we do still need  5 more signed up for it to get off the ground. Although I am going to make one of the blocks just to see how it looks. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

FRANNYE:

PLEASE ADD FRANNYE THE GREAT STATE OF MARYLAND!

Great Frannye, you're Number 8. Only four more spaces left.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

This is a great swap idea.  What a beautiful quilt it will make.  It would be great if we could get some others from the other states.  I can't wait to see who will join next. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I am in Texas, however, I love the desert, it's many colors of sunset & sunrise, I adore Mesquite, NV. and intend to retire there soon. Therefore, even though I was born and raised here in the great Lone Star State I would love to do NV.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Kris and Caryl Ann have just joined. Only two more to go. I am so twitching to get started.....

1. Judy - Washington

2. Melody - Kansas

3. Brigit - Texas

4. Mimi - Pennsylvania

5. Merry - Minnesota

6. Bonita - Florida

7. Karen - Texas

8. Frannye - Maryland

9. Kris - Maine

10. Caryl Anne - Nevada

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Judy T WOW, looks like there will be a good representation of the states! I too am excited!

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620

Okay I will do Idaho's since I have 6 months to get it done. :-)

Sue J

Sue

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Sue Jones:

Okay I will do Idaho's since I have 6 months to get it done. :-)

Sue J

Gotcha Sue.  One opening left. Who will it be? Minnesota? Missouri? Virginia? Oregon? Arizona?

Come on folks. Just one more to go.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

I'm re-posting this so it will be at the top.

Judy T-Bellingham:

State Block Swap

1.     Sign up begins January 1st and closes when 12 are signed up. (11 plus me)

2.     To get on the list please PM me your name and state. Just click on my picture. Click on “Start Conversation”. The first 11 folks to PM me will be included in the swap.

3.     You will have six months after we have 12 people enrolled to complete your blocks.

4.     If everyone completes their 12 blocks before six months, we’ll complete the swap earlier and I’ll PM everyone my mailing address.

5.     When you mail me your blocks, please include a postage paid return envelope and be sure your name and mailing address are on it.

6.     More than one person from a state may participate.

7.     We all know “things” happen, but please don’t sign up unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to complete the swap.

8.     If someone wants to be on a waiting list and make blocks, just in case someone drops out, that’s fine with me.

Details:

1.     Size:  14-1/2” unfinished.

2.     Theme:  Anything from your state or region. Examples would be a state bird, animal, event, landmark, state flag, event, etc.

3.     You will make 12 blocks. They may all be the same or all different. But all must represent some area of your state and be 14-1/2” square unfinished.

4.     Blocks may be pieced, appliqued, embroidered, paper pieced, whatever is your preference. There are no color restrictions.

5.     Attach something to each block, such as a post-it-note, with an explanation such as “Orca Whale, Washington State”. This is so everyone knows what state the block represents.

I hope this makes sense. I want it to be fun for everyone.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110

Hopefully I'm not too late to join in?  Can I be # 12?  Not sure what state...maybe Oklahoma or Hawaii since Texas & Maryland are taken.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Patricia Faye:

Hopefully I'm not too late to join in?  Can I be # 12?  Not sure what state...maybe Oklahoma or Hawaii since Texas & Maryland are taken.  

Patricia, you're in!  You can have whatever state you wish. Duplicates aren't an issue.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Swap is closed!  We now have 12.

Ladies, you have 6 months to complete your 12 blocks.  That will be July 3rd. Well, since that's going into the holiday, let's say blocks will need to be in the mail by July 8th. I'll PM everyone my address before then.

Lots of time to play and have fun. I'm excited because now I know what project I'm taking to work on at the Branson retreat.

Welcome everyone.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110

Since duplicates aren't an issue, I'll take my home state of Texas!  I think I'll do the state flag or the yellow rose. 

Page 2 of 23 (334 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use