General discussion #2

rated by 0 users
This post has 68 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

wow, those prices are ridiculous!!  It may be worth it to stick with first class mail for international.  Looks like after the price change, you'll be able to send a package that is 16 ounces (1lb) to Canada for 10.55, so that almost cuts the price in half.  

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 5:28 AM

Thanks Barbara and Caryl Anne for your teaching me. I was writing it down and I already thought (?) something was off. When (or if) push comes to shove. Alright then. I had a laugh to when I read your answer, Barbara. The fabric is going to triple in price, and so the swap is indeed getting too expensive to last being fun to do. But I can still work something out with my husband and his Michigan office, when he gets there. I noticed that there is plenty of time to subscribe to the swaps, so I should be able to participate occasionally. 

Gerie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:14 AM

Gerie, I hear you there, Fabric prices are ridiculous , and I'm sure they are even higher for you . When ever you see one you would like to be in ,just give a shout and we'll add you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:57 AM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

wow, those prices are ridiculous!!  It may be worth it to stick with first class mail for international.  Looks like after the price change, you'll be able to send a package that is 16 ounces (1lb) to Canada for 10.55, so that almost cuts the price in half.  

Do y'all remember the days of First class and AIR MAIL?? OK so I am dating myself, but I would think if I am mailing to California or Florida, that mail is going to go on a plane, so why pay for AIR MAIL if it isn't going to crawl there anyway. Same for international, no mail goes by boat so why pay priority if the first class (regular mail) is going on the same plane? Just saying!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 12:17 PM

Caryl Anne ,I use to write a gal in New Zealand when I was in school and all mail then was air mail and cost me about 30 cents . Oh how I wish those days were still here for postage ..LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

Caryl Anne:

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

Do y'all remember the days of First class and AIR MAIL?? OK so I am dating myself, but I would think if I am mailing to California or Florida, that mail is going to go on a plane, so why pay for AIR MAIL if it isn't going to crawl there anyway. Same for international, no mail goes by boat so why pay priority if the first class (regular mail) is going on the same plane? Just saying!

It's a good point.  I wonder how much the delivery confirmation has gone up?  I think once my Priority Forever envelopes run out, I might switch to first class + deliv. conf. for certain things and see how it goes..

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

I wonder how much the delivery confirmation has gone up?  

Looks like track and confirm is now 0.90 at the post office or 0.20 online .. or free with certain other postage purchased online..

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:27 AM

I have The Stamps.com  service and I do pay a monthy fee  but my confirmation is free wihen I buy post . Its really nice to have this in my home Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:04 AM

Thank you, I will let you know.

Gerie.

Page 5 of 5 (69 items) Prev12345
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use