rated by 0 users
This post has 68 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:52 PM

Caryl Anne:

Good afternoon all,  I have contacted a QCA moderator and asked if I am allowed to post about our Winter Swap in other swap areas, She said it was fine to do, so Here is what I would like you all to know. WE have 15 of 20 participants for a 10x10 winter fabric theme swap that will be mailed to me by January 5, 2012 The time to mail will NOT change no matter when we get full. Your fabric requirements are minimal just 1.5 yards of two winter fabrics.  Shipping will be $5 US.
 If you want to commit to this group, you can go here and follow the instructions on our front page.  
http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/t/36082.aspx
Have a great day and Happy Swapping

hello swappers, I have an update on our winter swap. we have been full for sometime, but I now have a spot open. If you would like to take part in this winter layer cake swap, please follow the link, read the information, see if you like that commitment and then PM me with your name and info required. thank you all so much. I will make positively sure we finish with 20 participants. we have an early bird mail date IF someone wants to get the package out of their home. no RUSH.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:06 PM

Hello swappers, I have an update on our winter swap. We had all our participants for some time, but I now have one spot open. If you would like to take part in our winter layer cake 10X10 squares swap, please follow the link http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/t/36082.aspx 
read the information, see if you like the commitment, sign up there and then PM me with your name and info required.
Thank you, I will make positively sure we finish with 20 participants.

We have an early bird mail date IF someone wants to get the package out of his or her home. No RUSH.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:47 PM

BUFFALO BILLS fabric blocks - FREE for the asking!

I picked up 6 pre-printed Buffalo Bills blocks (3 of each kind) at our local Rummage Room two weeks ago.  Someone on QCA made a Buffalo Bills quilt before Christmas and I remember someone else was interested in that quilt...but don't remember who.

If you are interested in this fabric, I will mail it to you (for free) if you pm me!

Here is a picture:

:

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:17 AM

Donna ,I'll take them ,I'd  like to get them for Thea. I'll Pm you my  addy. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:26 AM

Donna,I sent you a friend request ,can send you my  addy untill you accept . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:31 AM

Barbara:

Donna,I sent you a friend request ,can send you my  addy untill you accept . Barbara

I just accepted your friend request. Sounds like a great idea!  Donna

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 9:10 AM

Hi Ladies,

I joined your group because it said swap fabrics with people all over the world, so here's a Dutch branch. But seriously now, I can't seem to find how a swap works. After I join a swap, collect all the fabrics, cut them down to the right sizes, what happens then? Do I sent the fabrics to one person, who then collects every participants fabrics, then splits all those packages and sents the sorted fabrics back to all participants? That must be a lot of work. And that is without all the extra hassle with foreigners like me.

Gerie.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Gerie:

Hi Ladies,

I joined your group because it said swap fabrics with people all over the world, so here's a Dutch branch. But seriously now, I can't seem to find how a swap works. After I join a swap, collect all the fabrics, cut them down to the right sizes, what happens then? Do I sent the fabrics to one person, who then collects every participants fabrics, then splits all those packages and sents the sorted fabrics back to all participants? That must be a lot of work. And that is without all the extra hassle with foreigners like me.

Gerie.

Gerie,

It sounds like you've got it right.  As an example, I'm doing a swap right now called "Shades of Grey"....  It's open for up to 20 participants.  Each participant buys 1.5 yards each of 2 grey fabrics that they like.  They cut those 2 fabrics into twenty 10 inch squares - one square of each fabric for each participant.  They then send everything into me and I get everyone's fabric, split it up so that everyone has 1 of each fabric - and then I send them back to the participants.  If only 18 people sign up, then participants only send in 18 pieces of each fabric.  Etc, etc.

The participants pay for postage in both directions, so your postage would be higher since it's international.  And it might take a little longer in shipping times, but other than that, I don't think it's much of a hassle that you're overseas.  And in return, we would get foreign fabric, which is always exciting.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 10:56 AM

Gerie,sorry I missed this question ,but Carolyn did a great job answering it for you , and she did get it right . Hope you plan on joining us for a swap ,if so just let us know ,it does take longer for internationl mail but we can adjust for this . We love to have you join us in some upcoming swaps . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 2:29 PM

Thank you, Carolyn and Barbara. I think it only takes about two weeks for the international mail to get across. It went really fast with the Secret Santa thing. I do want to join in some times, but I'm not sure how to get the postage in order. For you, you can put more stamps in the envelop, or include return envelops, but that won't work with me, because I don't have us stamps. Well, we'll figure out something. 

Gerie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 2:40 PM

Gerie , I think the easiest thing for you would just be send the money . Place in a note card or write a check and we can take it to the bank .yes it would take a little longer but if I'm doing a swap and you send me the check I would go ahead a pay for it and just cash your check in to my banking account . this will be the easiest thing I can think of .One reason is we have to fill out a customs form and it just easier for us to use our post to return . did that sound understandable to you ..I hope so ..LOL  Barbara  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:44 AM

Hi Barbara, it does sound understandable to me, but the check thing worries me a bit. The last time I saw a check, must have been .....somewhere around the..... I'm not sure but I think somewhere in the nineties. When ATM's appeared, checks vanished around here. It must be possible to just transfer money from bank to bank, just as I would do in the Netherlands. But I can also ask friends who live in the States to send me stamps, then pay there mother who lives here, or ask other friends and pay them when I see them, but that won't be untill summer '15 or ask my husband next time he flies to the States, but I don't know when that will happen. Lots of possibilities. When "hand comes to shove" (is this a correct phrase to use, please let me know, I want to learn), I will have found a sollution.

Gerie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 8:29 AM

Gerie ,good try  ,LOL it's when" push comes to shove " , but I did get a little laugh out of that , and I can't even answer why that is the phrase .LOL    Hey we can work out something , so just let us know, we want you to be a part of the swaps . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Gerie, 

You could possibly send money though PayPal and have someone in the swap get your postage for you.  I've never sent/received money internationally that way, but I have bought things from other countries on ebay that way and it seems to work ok.   Paypal did the conversion rate and all.  

Just a thought.  Like Barbara said, I'm sure we can work it out.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:03 AM

Good day, Gerie! AS usual I had to look up our silly idioms ('WPCTS') is also an acronym. when push comes to shove also if push comes to shove
figure of speech; when things get a little pressed; when the situation gets more active or intense. When push comes to shove, you know I'll be on your side.

If push comes to shove at the meeting, the front office can back you up with some statistics.

In your case if push comes to shove Barbara will find a solution. LOL
How about we just get together and send Gerie a bit of fabrics in small batches from our homes and save a hefty shipping fee on one person. $50. is a lot of money that could buy several yards of fabric. Even through Paypal, my thought as well, that is a lot of money. BTW this information was posted in the Pink Chalk newsletter today: This year's scheduled postal rate increase features a shocking rise in international rates. International Flat Rate Envelopes go from $16.95 to $23.95. Flat Rate Envelopes to Canada go from $12.95 to $19.95. Ouch.

• Post Points: 35
Page 4 of 5 (69 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use