SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,945
Roxana replied on Tue, May 6 2014 9:40 AM | Locked

Phyllis, I think Kristie is planning to hostess it but thank you for your generous offer. She is trying to find out if we would be willing to swap a 2-1/2" strip along with a layer cake square. What does everyone think about that?

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,945
Roxana replied on Tue, May 6 2014 11:38 AM | Locked

Phyllis:

I would like to do the state layer cake.  Have no real objection to the 2 1/2" strip, just not sure of those details.  Would one strip and one layer cake be the swap?  Would the strip be a separate swap?  I don't understand the strip, let me know.

Kristie, can you explain the strip? I know you haven't formulated your guidelines yet but for the benefit of discussion, let us know your thoughts on the strip and the layer cake. Thanks!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,900
Kristie replied on Tue, May 6 2014 1:09 PM | Locked

Re:  the layer cake and the 2.5" strip. 

basically, I wondered if we might like a jelly roll collection of state fabric in addition to a layer cake of state fabric- allows more options in quilt creation later.  

The numbers as I run them:

10" squares -  1 1/8 yd of fabric for 16

2.5" strips- 1 1/4 yd of fabric for 16

so, I'm open to what the group would like. If we just want a layer cake, that's fine. Make sense?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 219
Points 3,580
klaynegrimm replied on Tue, May 6 2014 1:52 PM | Locked

Susie you just had to do it didn't you now I'm thinking about a food swap for the late summer maybe August before fall but could include fall harvest. You know garden time. Now I'm getting hungry thinking of fresh corn on the cob sliced tomatoes etc. LOL My candle mat swap ends in late July so maybe I will put one together. keep in touch with your thoughts on this. 

Kerry G

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, May 6 2014 2:18 PM | Locked

klaynegrimm:

Susie you just had to do it didn't you now I'm thinking about a food swap for the late summer maybe August before fall but could include fall harvest. You know garden time. Now I'm getting hungry thinking of fresh corn on the cob sliced tomatoes etc. LOL My candle mat swap ends in late July so maybe I will put one together. keep in touch with your thoughts on this. 

Kerry G

I just wanted to share my hunger....lol!  I'll keep working it out in my head and see what I can come up with.  I do want a no-sew swap, I think...at least today I do...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,945
Roxana replied on Tue, May 6 2014 3:22 PM | Locked

Susie, any block ideas that you have in mind with animals that is?

We do have the calendar block swap coming up....

And the state fabric no-sew swap.... Kristie still needs feedback on it for the requirements.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Tue, May 6 2014 6:12 PM | Locked

Believe it or not, I've only used 2.5 inch strips for binding!  I guess I could cut them into 2.5 inch squares, I do use them a lot.  I'll think about the layer cake state swap and keep an eye out for it to start.

Kristie:

Re:  the layer cake and the 2.5" strip. 

basically, I wondered if we might like a jelly roll collection of state fabric in addition to a layer cake of state fabric- allows more options in quilt creation later.  

The numbers as I run them:

10" squares -  1 1/8 yd of fabric for 16

2.5" strips- 1 1/4 yd of fabric for 16

so, I'm open to what the group would like. If we just want a layer cake, that's fine. Make sense?

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Fri, May 9 2014 3:05 PM | Locked

I would prefer just the state fabric layer cake but I will go along with the group.  Would really not have any use for the strip.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,363
Points 37,140
Linda replied on Sun, May 11 2014 9:09 AM | Locked

Hi Everyone. Been long time but yesterday I finally (after ages) got onto QCA! And I had to deactivate FB because of fraud activity.

I'd like to get into some of the swaps but budget is a major factor. If it's something I can get from my stash great. If I have to purchase, no can do. And I cannot afford to ship overseas....sorry girls. I love your fabrics and you are so generous, but the shipping is far too expensive.

I have problems reading too much on the computer now since my tia. It affected my left eye.

Hugs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,945
Roxana replied on Sun, May 11 2014 12:20 PM | Locked

Linda, welcome back. We do have some swaps coming up. If you have patriotic fabric, that fat quarter swap closes tomorrow for registrants. ... Then we are talking about a layer cake swap coming up representing fabric from your state (or your home state) but no sports fabric. For example, I am using a floral fabric that is the state flower of Arkansas. .... Then, we have a calendar block swap coming up in June where you could use ll scraps. You'd pick a month and your blocks might be different fabrics but all representative of that month. ... We may have a couple of more swaps in the works. Some are winding down now. ... OH, forgive me Kerry, because we had someone drop out of the candle mat swap for winter. You could jump in that right now. Just read the instructions and see if you are interested. Those can come from scraps. Talk to Kerry G (klaynegrimm) for more info on that one. You might could do spring. The info for the swap is [View:http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/p/47214/632291.aspx#632291:550:0].

Let me know if you have any questions!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Sun, May 11 2014 5:21 PM | Locked

I think I am interested in the state fabric swap.  I am from NY and have a fabric with the Statue of Liberty that I think would be great for this theme swap..  I think this fabric would lose something if cut into jelly roll strips and would be best for layer cake only, but I will go with the group.

Please keep me in mind when this swap comes to be.

Thanks.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,835
Points 31,945
Roxana replied on Sun, May 11 2014 5:55 PM | Locked

I think layer cakes only would be best also. We can always put solids to go with them if we want to use strips.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,363
Points 37,140
Linda replied on Sun, May 11 2014 6:37 PM | Locked

Roxana:

Linda, welcome back. We do have some swaps coming up. If you have patriotic fabric, that fat quarter swap closes tomorrow for registrants. ... Then we are talking about a layer cake swap coming up representing fabric from your state (or your home state) but no sports fabric. For example, I am using a floral fabric that is the state flower of Arkansas. .... Then, we have a calendar block swap coming up in June where you could use ll scraps. You'd pick a month and your blocks might be different fabrics but all representative of that month. ... We may have a couple of more swaps in the works. Some are winding down now. ... OH, forgive me Kerry, because we had someone drop out of the candle mat swap for winter. You could jump in that right now. Just read the instructions and see if you are interested. Those can come from scraps. Talk to Kerry G (klaynegrimm) for more info on that one. You might could do spring. The info for the swap is [View:http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/p/47214/632291.aspx#632291:550:0].

Let me know if you have any questions!

Roxanna,

I think I might be interested in the month swap. The state one would have been good except I just used up all my Cleveland Indians fabric, I have the state bird, but that's it. Can't afford to go out and buy fabric for a while. But I'll talk to Kerry about the Spring one.

Thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,363
Points 37,140
Linda replied on Mon, May 12 2014 8:42 PM | Locked

Did anything ever come of the snowman swap? But I just realized I was reading last years entries. Is there one planned for this year...either snowman or Christmas block? Just asking...not willing to host. My health isn't good.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Tue, May 13 2014 12:27 PM | Locked

I love my placemats that I got recently from the placemat swap.  Would love more placemats, maybe Christmas? 

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Page 64 of 65 (967 items) «Prev6162636465Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use