SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 4,055
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:02 AM | Locked

Hi Ladies just a quick post here to let everyone know that there are only 4 possibly 5 spots left for the seasonal candle mat swap. I know a couple of people said they were interested or freinded me and I did not get info. Please let me know one way or other I really don't want someone to loose out over a problem with communication. I have sent PMs to a couple of people if you could just let me know yes or no I will feel better. Please everyone check the sign up list on the candle mat swap and make sure if you wanted a spot that you got it. Thanks I tried to post on Sunday as I got them in. 

Thanks and enjoy all the swaps they really sound like fun.

KerryG

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 9:33 AM | Locked

Kris:

Roxana:
What if we had a FQ swap or even layer cake swap of fabric that represented our home states?

This is an excellent idea. It also reminds me that we did a state block swap some time ago. I need to find them and put them together.

Yes, I have the State swap blocks. Yet another UFO waiting to be put together. I've been debating what I want to do. Had a layout all figured out but now I'm thinking of pillows instead. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,420
Tami Taylor replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 8:56 PM | Locked

I have signed up to host the Patriotic Fabric Fat Quarter swap and it was posted Sunday. In case you haven't seen it yet, check it out. I hope that we can get enough participants for it to be a great success.

Thanks, Tami

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 9:36 AM | Locked

I'm very interested in the layer cake of state fabrics.  Do we have a swap coordinator?

Also, is there still an interest in the calendar swap that was discussed a while back?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 2:03 PM | Locked

I have a hostess for the calendar swap. We're starting it in June.

I do not have have a hostess for the layer cake of state fabrics. Would you do it?

Thanks,

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Fri, May 2 2014 8:56 AM | Locked

Ok, I could host it- but let me finish my patriotic blocks before opening it up.  

Now, would you all be interested in doing both layer cake and 2 1/2" strip or just layer cake (10" square)?

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Fri, May 2 2014 9:15 AM | Locked

Kristie:

Ok, I could host it- but let me finish my patriotic blocks before opening it up.  

Now, would you all be interested in doing both layer cake and 2 1/2" strip or just layer cake (10" square)?

Kristie, that's fantastic! Waiting is fine. ... Just read the guidelines for hosting a swap on the Pages of the Fabric Swaps Group. Also look over some of the guidelines that are out there. Write your introduction and send it to me by email or by PM. THANKS SO MUCH!

As to your other question, I would be interested in the 2 1/2" strip and the layer cake. I like that idea.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Sat, May 3 2014 3:53 PM | Locked

Roxana:
Kris, to answer your question (which made me chuckle), Arkansas is in the South, surrounded by Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma,Texas, and Louisiana. I did find some fabric for the state flower and some other possibilities.

Sorry I missed your answer Roxana. I'm not native to the US so not familiar with all the states. I've been to TX and MO (military). I hope to visit all the states at some point.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,020
Susie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 9:14 AM | Locked

So, I am thinking about a block swap....Here are my initial thoughts and wondering if anyone else is interested in playing around with me.

I would like to do a farm animal swap.  Now, the details are still rolling around in my head, so input would be welcome. 

Here's the background:  I have a really cool panel that I want to cut up and turn into a fun quilt for my mother.  However, I don't have enough of it to make a full quilt, and don't know what to do with it really.  So, if we did a swap where we swap blocks with farm animals, I can incorporate them with the panel to come up with a really fun quilt top. 

The only thing I want to avoid is tractors. 

Thoughts?  Anyone else interested in a fun farm animal swap?  Time frame would be roughly mid-end of summer.  I'm thinking mail date early August. Max of 12 farmers.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 4,055
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, May 5 2014 12:17 PM | Locked

Hello 

I have had a person drop out of the Seasonal Candle Mat Swap who was signed up for Winter The sign up date is open so anyone who would like to sign up for this swap please let me know. I signed up for spring so if you would like to sign up and do not want winter I could switch with you. To recap you have the option of making all your mats identical or different as long as you stay in the season. It does not have to be Holiday themed just seasonal. You will be making 12 mats. If interested please go to the candle mat swap thread and check it out. the mail date for the swap is late in July. plenty of time.

Hope to see you in the swap 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 4,055
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, May 5 2014 12:22 PM | Locked

Susie I think your block idea is great if I wasn't in two I would join, but I have a question could you use animals and farm food i.e. like corn other veggies etc.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,020
Susie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 12:31 PM | Locked

klaynegrimm:

Susie I think your block idea is great if I wasn't in two I would join, but I have a question could you use animals and farm food i.e. like corn other veggies etc.

Kerry--I'm very busy right now as well, which is why I won't even have it opened up until end of June...too much happening right now for me, lol! 

Let me think about the farm food.  It's an idea, and may work well.  I just want to avoid the quilt being about the crops and not the animals, if that makes sense.  At some point, I would love to be in a fabric swap for food.  I want to do a canning jar quilt, but don't want to buy tons of fabric that I won't ever use again.  Maybe you could put that together this fall?  A food fabric swap....layer cakes? 

hmmm....the ideas that are bouncing around now!  ROXANA!  HELP!  Make it stop!!!  roflol!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750
erindipity replied on Mon, May 5 2014 2:18 PM | Locked

Susie:

klaynegrimm:

Kerry--I'm very busy right now as well, which is why I won't even have it opened up until end of June...too much happening right now for me, lol! 

Let me think about the farm food.  It's an idea, and may work well.  I just want to avoid the quilt being about the crops and not the animals, if that makes sense.  At some point, I would love to be in a fabric swap for food.  I want to do a canning jar quilt, but don't want to buy tons of fabric that I won't ever use again.  Maybe you could put that together this fall?  A food fabric swap....layer cakes? 

hmmm....the ideas that are bouncing around now!  ROXANA!  HELP!  Make it stop!!!  roflol!

Susie, buy the farm stand veggies charm pack or layer cake to make your canning jar quilt! :)

I have a lot happening now and through the summer so I don't know about joining another swap, but it sounds like it would be a cute quilt!  One thing tho, you HAVE to have a tractor and a barn! LO   Maybe each swapper could pick an animal/veggie and one do a tractor and one do a barn?  Just a thought.  I'll keep an eye on this one and if possible, I'l join. :D

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 83
Points 1,420
Tami Taylor replied on Tue, May 6 2014 7:26 AM | Locked

I just wanted to send a thank you to the ladies who joined the Patriotic Fat Quarter Swap.  There are 5 swappers right now, and if anyone else is interested, be sure to let me know.  It's a no sew swap, so it's nice and easy.   And furthermore, I hope everyone is enjoying beautiful weather like we are here in the Atlanta area!!  It's been beautiful for the past few days.

Tami

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Tue, May 6 2014 9:26 AM | Locked

I would like to do the state layer cake.  Have no real objection to the 2 1/2" strip, just not sure of those details.  Would one strip and one layer cake be the swap?  Would the strip be a separate swap?  I don't understand the strip, let me know.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Page 63 of 65 (967 items) «Prev6162636465Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use