rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 10:57 AM | Locked

Kris:

If one browser works but another doesn't you may need to empty the cache, delete bookmarks and remove cookies from the one you've used frequently. As QCA updates the website data will change and the info saved on your browser will be outdated.

You should do this periodically to keep your browser running smoothly. Do a search on how to empty the cache, etc for your specific browser. They're not all the same.

Isn't it great that QCA is taking a turn for the better?

Heh Kris,  thanks for this info! I know this works I followed your advice you had posted in the main forum!!  Thank you! So excited things are looking up! 

MODESTO, CA.
  • Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 11:03 AM | Locked

Plus remember your password for when you empty your cache as you will have to re-enter it to get into QCA and the other sites that you have stored passwords for.  QCA I am sure is updating also because of the heartbleed fix that has to be done for all SSL sites.  It is great that they are cleaning up this site and making it friendly for us again.  It is nice to see old members returning and new ones able to stay and to be able to post without too much trouble!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,049
Points 20,985
Carol W replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 12:20 PM | Locked

Zsofia:
Roxana I really like the idea of  a large print fabric exchange like you said, with a pattern included.

I was reading through the posts on the "did you work on a quilt today" thread and Debbie Do had posted a photo of her Shadow Box quilt and my first thought was 'how pretty!' and my second was 'that would be a great pattern for a large print fabric swap'!  So if anyone decides to do a layer cake swap for large prints I am very interested in joining!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 2:58 PM | Locked

I have edited the guidelines for being a member of the Fabric Swaps group in accordance with our discussions over the past several weeks. Please look at it and let me know if anything needs to be changed or added. Thank you!

Fabric Swap Group Membership Guidelines ~ PLEASE READ.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 3:00 PM | Locked

Carol W:

Zsofia:
Roxana I really like the idea of  a large print fabric exchange like you said, with a pattern included.

I was reading through the posts on the "did you work on a quilt today" thread and Debbie Do had posted a photo of her Shadow Box quilt and my first thought was 'how pretty!' and my second was 'that would be a great pattern for a large print fabric swap'!  So if anyone decides to do a layer cake swap for large prints I am very interested in joining!

What about a Fat Quarter swap instead? That way we get to choose from the large print what size we want to use instead of the layer cake size choosing for us. What do you all think?

I also like the idea of an oriental fabric swap.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 3:58 PM | Locked

Ok someone needs to volunteer to hostess a no sew fabric swap, I'm in if we have one!  Great for newbies to get used to swapping.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:39 PM | Locked

Let's get someone to hostess that hasn't hosted in a while or at all. Read the Guidelines for Hosting on the Pages for Fabric Swaps.

Guidelines for Hosting a Swap

How about it? I'll help you with the details.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 14 2014 8:04 PM | Locked

I am thinking a no sew swap would be fun too.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 12:22 AM | Locked

Candis :

Ok someone needs to volunteer to hostess a no sew fabric swap, I'm in if we have one!  Great for newbies to get used to swapping.  

What is a no sew swap? I get no sewing involved, but what exactly is it?

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,861
Points 32,300
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 6:41 AM | Locked

Erin:

Candis :

What is a no sew swap? I get no sewing involved, but what exactly is it?

Erin, it's where we swap fabric. What makes the swap particular is what the cut of fabric is to be. We just cut a layer cake, a fat quarter, etc.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
samjo06 replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:54 AM | Locked

I would love to be a part of a no sew fabric swap.

Someone would need to give me the block measurements :) 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 7:57 AM | Locked

Ahhhh, okay Roxana, thanks! I've been in no sew swaps, just didn't know it! LOL   I was thinking maybe it was swapping notions or something- still a newbie I guess! :/

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:18 PM | Locked

good day all, I've sent a message to Roxana telling her about our great swap last spring for the beautiful flora layer cake and jelly roll matchup. We had 20 participants and the selection was superb. I know it is hard to get a fussy cut from a LC however, if you would like to do FQ then we will need to limit the participants. Without going to do the math or finding last years info, I can tell you approximately 3.5 yards of one fabric is required for 20 LC and JR match up. for FQ 3.5 yards yields 14. So I am wondering what the majority would rather see. We can do 16 for 4 yards of large print floral.  floral would consist of natures beauties such as every flower we see. However, in this swap the main objective is beautiful fabric So I say floral not flower prints.

Let's hear comments for a floral swap. JR/LC or FQ .  your opinion matters  Thanks Roxana can watch for me on comments or find me and message me here or in Facebook.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,955
Carmel replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:42 PM | Locked

Hi Everyone:

Since I am new on Fabric Swaps, what does JR/LC mean?

Hope to hear from someone.

Macungie, PA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Tue, Apr 15 2014 4:45 PM | Locked

Carmel :

Hi Everyone:

Since I am new on Fabric Swaps, what does JR/LC mean?

Hope to hear from someone.

Layer cakes or jelly rolls.   

MODESTO, CA.
Page 59 of 65 (967 items) «Prev5758596061Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use