rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:55 PM | Locked

Candis :

2nd Mug Rug Swap:   Looking for any interested quilters in a mug rug swap.  The 1st one hosted by Debbie filled up so quickly!!   I would like to host another. The rules would be the same, just a different start date and end date.   This post is to put feelers out to see if there is interest.  Sign up wouldn't start till February 5th.  Don't want to cause confusion  with the 1st mug rug swap.    This sounded like so much fun, I went on utube and saw so many cute videos on them! So cute!!   Who's up for this!! 

Candis - I would be interested in this swap.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 5:43 PM | Locked

Candis - I would be interested in this swap.

Zsofia

Yeah!! Zsofia good deal, I am hoping we get more interest. Like I said we will have a sign up starting Feb 5th.  Thanks.   Anyone else interested?

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 345
Beverly Caldwell replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 9:37 PM | Locked

I'm in for this also.  Perfect timing.

Bevcald

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,300
basketbear replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:16 PM | Locked

Calling all fellow 'swappers'!  Check out the Spring/ Easter themed Place Mat swap!  The new thread just opened, plenty of room for all to join in the fun!   You will have a new set of place mats in time for the blooming of the spring bulbs and the Easter holiday.  Don’t miss out!

Regina

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:21 PM | Locked

Beverly Caldwell:

I'm in for this also.  Perfect timing.

Bevcald

Thanks Bev, glad you want to join in.

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 10:23 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne, I want to once again thank you for the wonderful tutorial on cutting fabric (and keeping the straight grain) that is posted in the Swap Guidelines. I refer to it often and try to reread it before I cut for any of my projects (not just the ones I'm swapping).

If any of you haven't viewed this thread lately, I'd highly recommend that you do:

fabric cutting is essential to better swaps and sewing

Roxana
Moderator of the Fabric Swaps Group 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 6:41 PM | Locked

On thinking about the 2 nd MUG RUG SWAP, I thought I would ask if anyone has ideas or wants to change it up from SWAP 1.  Any other themes or whatever, just looking for ideas that will appeal to the masses.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 4:52 PM | Locked

Candis :

On thinking about the 2 nd MUG RUG SWAP, I thought I would ask if anyone has ideas or wants to change it up from SWAP 1.  Any other themes or whatever, just looking for ideas that will appeal to the masses.  

Candis - how about we break it down to the 4 seasons instead of the 12 months. I think it's easier to think of ideas this way not necessarily thinking of holidays but birds, flowers, cup of coffee or hot tea etc. this way if we don't have 12 to sign up still have a "year of mug rugs" :)

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 6:46 PM | Locked

Zsofia:

Candis :

Candis - how about we break it down to the 4 seasons instead of the 12 months. I think it's easier to think of ideas this way not necessarily thinking of holidays but birds, flowers, cup of coffee or hot tea etc. this way if we don't have 12 to sign up still have a "year of mug rugs" :)

Zsofia

funny you should say that! I had asked Roxana about doing the 4 Seasons!  That is where I was leaning towards!  I agree, we would maybe do just 4 each. Coving the 4 seasons, whatever that means to everyone! I love the idea! Thanks for posting it!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 10:02 PM | Locked

I like the idea of the 4 seasons. Count me in.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 7:55 AM | Locked

Good Morning! Candis and ladies of the swappers. Were you thinking about the new mug rug group to be an exchange to one person 4 mug rugs representing the seasons, winter, spring, summer and fall? I love that idea. I do like an exchange direct, it saves much in postage and actually it wouldn't matter how many participants there were. If you get 5 or 25 it would still only be 4 rugs to our recipient. I also think perhaps a set that are not necessarily uniform in size. perhaps if someone wanted to make them hexies (not me ) or recs then it would be up to that maker. My thinking here is that those of us who do want to make a new block or try out a pattern, a mug rug would be a nice place to do that. I'll be watching for response. Not to mention that we can work on our free motion quilting, on a small project for fun. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:17 AM | Locked

I really like the idea of the direct swap also. It makes it much easier for me. I also don't mind the traditional swap but it's nice to do a direct swap once in a while. It's funny you should mention hexi's because last night I was thinking of trying that on this mug rug swap. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew, but I might still give it a try. I also like the idea of different shapes and sizes as I've been playing with a couple of ideas. I do mug rugs all the time in case I need a quick gift. I can't wait for this one to start.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:26 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

I really like the idea of the direct swap also. It makes it much easier for me. I also don't mind the traditional swap but it's nice to do a direct swap once in a while. It's funny you should mention hexi's because last night I was thinking of trying that on this mug rug swap. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew, but I might still give it a try. I also like the idea of different shapes and sizes as I've been playing with a couple of ideas. I do mug rugs all the time in case I need a quick gift. I can't wait for this one to start.

Great ideas! I had been tossing around which to do direct swap, or to send to me to divide out. I like both ways also, I believe this swap will be a direct one to your swap pal. With unlimited amt of people. I believe that is how the placemat swap is going also.  Any size, sounds great too. From Rec. to square, to Hexi, to round.  Or diamond .  Endless possibilities!  As long as people understand it will be bigger than a coaster, but smaller than a placemat!   Want to hold a mug and a snack! Or as decorative items for a candle, or anything really.  I think this will allow some creative juices to flow as well, from embroidery, to appliqué, or just piecing of different fabric, embellishments also, practice binding  and free hand quilting! Your right Carylann and Melissa! Could be a great opportunity for some beautiful useful artwork!  Love all your ideas!  I will get the information drafted up, Sign up will begin on Feb. 5.   I am excited too! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 9:37 PM | Locked

Whoo-hoo

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,300
basketbear replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 9:46 PM | Locked

If you've finished your mug rugs and/or pillowcases and need another project...only 2 more days left to sign up for the Place Mat swap!   All are welcome!!

Regina

Page 54 of 65 (967 items) «Prev5253545556Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use