This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 69
Points 1,275
basketbear replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:28 PM | Locked

Roxana:

basketbear:

Roxana,

I think putting too many options into one swap will create chaos.  Originally I thought of a Christmas in July swap but instead, how about repeating the swap with different themes...the first can be Spring or Easter theme, the second could include Summer or Patriotic theme, the third would be Fall or Halloween/Thanksgiving theme and the last Winter or Christmas theme.  Each swap would call for 1 set of 4 matching placemats with the choice of joining 1 or both themes.  I would still be willing to host these if people are interested.

Regina

You are 100% right about too many options. Let's just keep it as one as first suggested... or make it separate exchanges, not starting a second theme until the first is finished. Does that agree with everyone?

Roxana,

Four separate swaps is fine with me...we could run one swap with 2 theme choices each quarter.   A member could choose to participate in as many of the swaps as they wish, no obligation to join all four.  Luckily, Easter is late April this year so it is possible to start the Spring or Easter theme as soon as we can get the guidelines written. 

Regina

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 10:55 PM | Locked

Just a reminder for those of yu ready to swap...

Sarah's Choice Swap is open with just 6 more slots available!

Sign-up now!

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 8:05 AM | Locked

The mug rug swap is now open and please, those who sent me a post they wanted in, please resend me your first and second month choices.  

whose's signing up?  

Debbie

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:45 AM | Locked

Second Annual Winter theme layer cake swap is winding down. Y'all sent fabulous fabrics can't wait for you to receive them. HOWEVER, we do have one package that is missing from action. I have contacted the PO to track our tracking #. This message has gone out to our participant as well, so that she is aware of the whereabouts. I want to let you all know that this is the reason we like having the tracking #. I was able to request updates from the PO that are sent into my email while  packages were in transit. Makes life as a host easier.

Now that we know there is one somewhere in IN I was able to put a tracker on that package. Now we will wait on the PO to find our goody bag. 

Thanks again to all who participated this year, truly a pleasure working with you on this the swap. As soon as I hear & receive the package. I will post when I will send them to y'all. Wonder what your plan is for these lovelies. 

will post on facebook as well. thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 12:28 PM | Locked

Thank you for the update, CarylAnne.

A BIG thank you for explaining the need for tracking numbers. PLEASE send a tracking number to your hostess when you send your package out AND keep a copy of the return tracking number to you (the reason you don't send stamps on your return tracking).

With everyone's cooperation, we can make this smoother.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 199
Points 3,575
Karyn Ashley-Smith replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 11:59 PM | Locked

Has there ever been a round robin or a row robin or anything like that done here? I'd love to do one!

Karyn

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 491
Points 9,730
Judi replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 12:28 AM | Locked

Karyn

there is a round robin group.  We just finished one and pictures are being posted in the media section.  You might want to join that group as well as this one.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 12:34 AM | Locked

And I think they do a spring/summer round robin, so now is the perfect time to join. The last one is just finishing up. They've been doing two a year. ... I loved doing the last one. It really challenged my skills and pushed me out of my comfort zone. It takes a lot of time though and my spring and summer is so full this year. ... I'll wait until the fall one again (unless I can't say no to myself when sign-up's come around!) LOL!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 6:43 PM | Locked

Winter Theme fabric swap update
Hello Swappers. I will be going to the PO on Thursday to mail your sweet fabrics. 

Will wait to post in media, this grand THEMED swap. wowow

TY all for participating

.please look at the instructions for return shipping before you send out another stamp on your envelopes.. The host will have posted how she want the returns envelopes. It is very important to follow.  I will be going while the office is open. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 199
Points 3,575
Karyn Ashley-Smith replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:09 PM | Locked

Judi:

Karyn

there is a round robin group.  We just finished one and pictures are being posted in the media section.  You might want to join that group as well as this one.

Where do I find it to join?? Thanks!

Karyn

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:25 PM | Locked

Karyn Ashley-Smith:

Judi:

Karyn

Karyn

Try this link: Home for the Round Robin. They haven't started a new group as of yet.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:03 AM | Locked

2nd Mug Rug Swap:   Looking for any interested quilters in a mug rug swap.  The 1st one hosted by Debbie filled up so quickly!!   I would like to host another. The rules would be the same, just a different start date and end date.   This post is to put feelers out to see if there is interest.  Sign up wouldn't start till February 5th.  Don't want to cause confusion  with the 1st mug rug swap.    This sounded like so much fun, I went on utube and saw so many cute videos on them! So cute!!   Who's up for this!! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:10 AM | Locked

Candis, I would be interested in this 2nd one. I can handle this timeline better.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:28 PM | Locked

Good deal Melissa! 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 4:50 PM | Locked

Karyn Ashley-Smith:

Judi:

Karyn

Karyn

Karyn - right now we are not excepting new members to the round robin. We are at the end with this one (many are late do to the holydays) and I'm not sure when is the next one will start. But there will be a post on the main section for start date, sign ups and rules.

Zsofia

Page 53 of 65 (967 items) «Prev5152535455Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use