SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 246
Points 4,025
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 7:39 PM | Locked

Debbie 

I would sign up I like the idea but I need to see how long I would have for 12 mug rugs. Do we get to choose design as well as months. If so I would like December October or November. Thanks 

Kerry G

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 246
Points 4,025
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 7:40 PM | Locked

I meant I needed to know how long till the mail date.

Thanks 

Kerry G

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 10:17 PM | Locked

Hi Debbie Dear, here are a couple I made for me after making several last year for gifts. they are approx 5" x 6.5" 

BTW I just figured out how to use the image edit wow OK  these are set at 400 X 300 

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:15 PM | Locked

Please remember, we're still in discussion phase on the mug rugs.  It has not opened yet, so no one is signed up till Roxana opens the thread for it.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 597
Points 11,525
Judi replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:19 PM | Locked

See how excited we are.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:21 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne - those are so cute!  wow!  I'm going to have to really think of what to do for mine.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 1:40 PM | Locked

Phyllis:

* Fat quarters or layer cakes of spring fabric I think?  I would prefer layer cakes but would go along with whatever.  If you need a host for this one, I could do that.

*  Love the idea of holiday placemats.  Would even love to have some more seasonal ones, spring flowers, summer colors, fall colors, etc.

Phyllis, why don't we wait for the spring fabric to hit the LQS to start the layer cakes of spring fabric. If you are still interested in hosting, please read the new guidelines for hosting posted on the Pages of the Fabric Swaps Group, and then start working on your right up. We have three swaps now.... Two due mid-March, and one due March 1, so think about that with your dates. It's best to scatter out the dates for swaps so we all aren't pushed at the same time.

Regina, what do you think about adding other holidays to the mix? Maybe as people signed up, they could tell you what type of placemats they were making. I'm just thinking out loud. ... I still think it needs to be an exchange because I think everyone would want to make four of the placemats so we could receive four matching ones. ..... Does anyone else have thoughts on this? .... Maybe you could start the swap in February and have them due in April. I do like the way Susie is doing the pillowcase exchange to avoid the problems we had in the prior pillowcase exchange where some didn't receive theirs in a timely manner. .... Also, refer to what I told Phyllis about hosting a swap and the guidelines.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 1:57 PM | Locked

Phyllis:

I am getting so excited just reading about all of the swaps!.  Here are my thoughts:

1.  I think the calendar blocks would be interesting, just not sure how it would work.  do the blocks all come from a certain calendar?

To refresh everyone's minds about the calendar blocks, here are two previous posts you can review to see what we are talking about:

Judy’s sample Calendar
Judy’s How-To Instructions:
Melissa, you at one time wanted to host this swap. I know things have changed in your world right now, so let us know if you are still interested. This might be a great swap for us to work on during the summer months. Judy, things may have changed in your world now where you would want to host it. It was originally your idea.
What does everyone think?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 6:42 PM | Locked

Waiting for spring forf the spring fabric swap makes total sense.  I will plan to host it and between us we can come up with the proper timing.  I went out and read the pages on hosting swaps and you have done a marvelous job of laying that out.  Very detailed, very easy to understand, great guidelines.  You are doing a marvelous job at moderating all of this and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all that you are doing.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 6:43 PM | Locked

By the way, the above post was meant for you Roxanna!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 77
Points 1,430
basketbear replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:50 PM | Locked

Roxana:

Regina, what do you think about adding other holidays to the mix? Maybe as people signed up, they could tell you what type of placemats they were making. I'm just thinking out loud. ... I still think it needs to be an exchange because I think everyone would want to make four of the placemats so we could receive four matching ones. ..... Does anyone else have thoughts on this? .... Maybe you could start the swap in February and have them due in April. I do like the way Susie is doing the pillowcase exchange to avoid the problems we had in the prior pillowcase exchange where some didn't receive theirs in a timely manner. .... Also, refer to what I told Phyllis about hosting a swap and the guidelines.

Roxana,

I think putting too many options into one swap will create chaos.  Originally I thought of a Christmas in July swap but instead, how about repeating the swap with different themes...the first can be Spring or Easter theme, the second could include Summer or Patriotic theme, the third would be Fall or Halloween/Thanksgiving theme and the last Winter or Christmas theme.  Each swap would call for 1 set of 4 matching placemats with the choice of joining 1 or both themes.  I would still be willing to host these if people are interested.

Regina

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:05 PM | Locked

Roxana:
Melissa, you at one time wanted to host this swap. I know things have changed in your world right now, so let us know if you are still interested. This might be a great swap for us to work on during the summer months. Judy, things may have changed in your world now where you would want to host it. It was originally your idea.

I would still love to host this swa . If it is in the spring or summer, it would be much easier for me. I kind of thought people wanted to have it right away. Just let me know what everyone decides.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:50 PM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

Roxana:
Melissa, you at one time wanted to host this swap. I know things have changed in your world right now, so let us know if you are still interested. This might be a great swap for us to work on during the summer months.

I would still love to host this swap. If it is in the spring or summer, it would be much easier for me. I kind of thought people wanted to have it right away. Just let me know what everyone decides.

I think a spring or summer swap is the wisest. I don't want us to get overloaded as I let us get in the fall of 2013. I take all the blame.

....  We have the block swap, the pillowcase exchange, and the mug rug all due in March. .... I don't think anything else needs to be due until April at the very earliest. 

We can be thinking about other swaps/exchanges but we don't need to start them until late January or February. 

The calendar swap would be ideal for the summer so that we could get our blocks in September and finish them up with the calendar before 2015! 

Anyone else have any ideas? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:58 PM | Locked

basketbear:

Roxana,

I think putting too many options into one swap will create chaos.  Originally I thought of a Christmas in July swap but instead, how about repeating the swap with different themes...the first can be Spring or Easter theme, the second could include Summer or Patriotic theme, the third would be Fall or Halloween/Thanksgiving theme and the last Winter or Christmas theme.  Each swap would call for 1 set of 4 matching placemats with the choice of joining 1 or both themes.  I would still be willing to host these if people are interested.

Regina

You are 100% right about too many options. Let's just keep it as one as first suggested... or make it separate exchanges, not starting a second theme until the first is finished. Does that agree with everyone?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:00 PM | Locked

Phyllis:

By the way, the above post was meant for you Roxanna!

Thank you so much, Phyllis. Barbara made this look all too easy. Let's continue to pray for her improvement!

Page 52 of 65 (967 items) «Prev5051525354Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use