SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 901 Replies | 61 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40

I would like to do the mug rugs and could host but not quite sure how. Each person could make a set for each month and then we would have a  full year of ones to use. This is just a thought.

Bonnie

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,170

I would like to add another swap into the mix.  How about a Christmas in July swap of a set of Christmas placemats?  It could run similarly to the pillowcase exchange where we send a set to 1 person and get another back from our mystery July Santa.  I would even volunteer to host it as long as I had a 'coach' to advise me as I have never hosted before.

Regina

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:41 AM

Bonnie Heap:

I would like to do the mug rugs and could host but not quite sure how. Each person could make a set for each month and then we would have a  full year of ones to use. This is just a thought.

Bonnie

Bonnie--this would be fun.  If you limit it to 12 people, each person would choose/be assigned a month and make 12 of them for the same month.  Then when you get them all back, you would have one for each month.  What a fun idea!  I would be up for this one.

Roxana--I would be up for hosting another pillowcase swap.  Let me work on the details and I will let you know as soon as I have them pulled together so you can open a thread for me.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:15 PM

Is there a specific size for the mug mats or just some minimum and maximum sizes?  Would 8inches finished work?  I have this great 8 inch Daffodill block that I really want to play with!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,382
Points 24,135
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:48 PM

Debbie is going to host the Mug Rug Swap.... so let's keep talking about what we like and see what she comes up with from it.

Susie, I'll count on you for the pillowcase swap.

Regina, I love the idea of a placemat swap. And I'll count on you to host it! I'll help you through the steps. We might consider adding a winter theme to that mix since some don't celebrate Christmas. Just a thought. 

Let's all keep talking!

Thanks! I'm encouraged! And after the day I have had, I needed it. My DH thanks you from the bottom of his heart too. He just doesn't know it yet! LOL!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,170

Roxana,

I agree with the winter theme v. Christmas for the place mats!  You can let me know when we need to start the sign ups, etc on this one.

Meanwhile, I am anxious to sign up for the pillow case swap and the mug rug!

Regarding the mug rug swap...my vote would be for a 5" finished size. (my desk is way too small/cluttered for an 8" size)

Regina

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 159
Points 2,940
Kathy G replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:15 PM

Okay you swap crazy gals!!!!

Time to sign up for the first new swap of 2014-Sarah's choice!  Check out the details nd sign up fast!

See ya there!

Kathy G

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,135
Phyllis replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 1:23 AM

I am getting so excited just reading about all of the swaps!.  Here are my thoughts:

1.  I think the calendar blocks would be interesting, just not sure how it would work.  do the blocks all come from a certain calendar?

2.  Love the mug rug, my vote would be an exchange of 5".  I don't need a bunch

3.  I'm definitely in on the pillowcase exchange.  Loved the last ones I received.

4. Fat quarters or layer cakes of spring fabric I think?  I would prefer layer cakes but would go along with whatever.  If you need a host for this one, I could do that.

5.  Love the idea of holiday placemats.  Would even love to have some more seasonal ones, spring flowers, summer colors, fall colors, etc.

That's my two cents!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:33 PM

I'm working on instructions for the mug rug swap so everybody hang tight till I get them done.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 7:44 PM

Debbie,

i would like to be part of the mug rug swap.  If it is a choice of months, can if have February or A Spring month?  I am afraid that 5 inches is awfully small, but I am certainly up to a challenge. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 3,500
Kristie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:08 AM

Lots of good ideas for swaps coming up-  must be the new year and finishing up the old swaps. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Caryl Anne:

& BTW shipping and stamps are going UP again. So go out and buy your forever stamps for your regular mailings, and in the meanwhile I will look into the prepaid postage envelopes. perhaps we will need to stock up before the new postage goes into effect. 

Thanks for the heads up!  The last time this happened, I ordered a pack of about 25(?) pre-paid flat rate envelopes and saved a bunch of money.  I just recently ran out of those, so I guess now is a good time to re-stock.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Points 1,855
hhhdmh replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 1:07 PM

Yep! On the 26th of January stamps will be .49 cents each. A book of 20 will be 9.80. So yes stock up as many as you can before the 26th. Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Actually, I checked and, at least from what I can tell, it looks like the pre-paid priority mail flat-rate envelopes won't go up.

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 6:59 PM

Judi - semt you a PM.  you're right 5" is small.  I went back and measured the pot holders I've been making and so need some input - 6-8 inches, is that a good size?  and does everyone want to do monthly mug rugs so 12 participants would each take a month and make 12 rugs?  Help me out here, ladies before I post the instructions!  

also, if you're wanting to participate, go friend me now if you and I are not already friends.  then send me your info.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 51 of 61 (902 items) «Prev4950515253Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use