SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:09 AM | Locked

No I didn't have to have surgery, or not yet anyway.  The Orthopedic Surgeon said he was afraid he would do more damage to my shoulder if he did surgery on it.  He said he has never seen one broken this badly and not do surgery on it.  I go back to him a week from today.  Please pray all is healing good.  I couldn't stand to start this process all over again.  It has been five weeks and I am still in such bad pain.  I have a high tolerance to pain so when I am in pain and it is hurting, it is really bad.  Thank you for asking.  I am getting better little by little.  It is never fast enough.  LOL

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:57 PM | Locked

I just posted in OFF TOPIC about Caryl Anne's husband. Sad News from CarylAnne

Please pray for her and her family.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 8:37 AM | Locked

Karen - hope you are feeling better.  I tore my rotator cuff two years ago and took me over 10 months to get to normal.  Yours sounds terrible and I know what you mean, I too have high tolerance level but these things can really hurt.  also, makes you feel so totally helpless - and you sound like me, hate being helpless!  You are in my T & Ps, so do what dr says and hope you'll feel better real soon.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Oh, Karen! Gentle Hugs!  Rest as much as you need to!  Just hang out, lurk and laugh--it's truly the best medicine!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

Thank you to everyone for your sweet words on my recovery.  It has been a true challenge.  You never heal as fast as you want to when you get hurt.  The prayers are definitely working so please keep them coming for me.

This injury has really gotten in the way of my quilting.  That alone is enough to cry over.  LOL

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895
Lisa Fenner replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 3:43 AM | Locked

Karen sorry to hear you are in so much pain. i know how that feels but mine is with my left knee even after my 7 the surgery it still dislocates but i got a different ortho cause that one that did my last surgery messed it up worse than what it was.

Roxana i had sent you a message about trying to get into that postage stamp swap but i think i will pass but i would be in on the holiday 2" swap. that one sounds like fun. i have so much different holiday fabrics..

How many 2' squares can one get out of a yard of fabric?  sorry my brain isnt calculating right now.

so dont put me in the postage stamps swap but i will be in the holiday one ok thanks

Lisa Fenner

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895
Lisa Fenner replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 3:48 AM | Locked

oh i almost forgot i know you sent me an email but i forgot who do i give my info to for the winter theme swap again. that one i will do

Lisa Fenner

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Sat, Oct 19 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

Lisa, you need to friend CaryAnne. I think you can click on this link: Caryl Anne. That's who you send info to. I have added you to the list.  ... Also, the holiday 2" swap has not started yet.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 4,900
Kristie replied on Tue, Oct 22 2013 2:41 PM | Locked

Lisa,

You should be able to get at least 360 2" squares from a yard (depending on usable WOF- 40 inches usable (no selvage) should give you 360 squares).

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:52 AM | Locked

good Morning, I want to let you all know that we still have space in our Winter Theme layer cake swap. This is our second annual swap. Last years fabrics were wonderful and you will find so many uses for the 10x10" squares. I look forward to having y'all join with us. Our deadline is Nov 30 and mail date is Jan 5th so we all have plenty of time to make this a full group. Needing only 1.5 yards of two different Winter Theme fabric makes joining in this fun cut an easy one for all. The winter fabrics are readily available now at all your favorite fabric shops. Follow the above link, read all the guidelines then click on my name and send me your information.To see the fabrics from last years swap follow this media link.

Happy November, fall harvest, and if y'all are having fall weather good for you.

WOW it was a hot humid rain yesterday, but today after those heavy rains in TX we are seeing blue skies and 78..  

Thanks everyone. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 393
Points 6,720
Phyllis replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

I have held out for as long as I can hold out!  Add me to the list, Caryl Anne.  I loved the fabrics I got last year and am running low on them. 

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:02 PM | Locked

thanks phyllis, sent you a pm with my information. please show your name on the thread for the Winter swap. thanks again for joining us. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Nov 7 2013 6:34 PM | Locked

Winter Theme Swap layer cakes ;

November 7, 2013 we have a full group. Please let me know if for some reason you do not want to be included, or if you need to send early for any reason. 

I will post in December if I can except early packages.

as you all know I had a death in my family one month ago, I may not be home during the Christmas Season, So Please do not send anything until I let you know it is OK. Thanks to all of you for participating in our second annual winter theme swap 10x10 layer cake. You may cut your cakes.. 

Send messages to me through Pm s for quicker responses. 
Thanks y'all

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Everyone, PLEASE keep your tracking number for your packages sent in the swaps. I also write down the tracking number of the return envelope if I have it. If not, the hostess will send it to you. You should have a tracking number though for both ways.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:29 PM | Locked

Swaps are winding down. We only have two swaps that haven't passed its mail-in date (the Winter Theme Swap Layer Cakes and the Postage Stamp Swaps). Sooooo, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for swaps after the first of the year. 

Any suggestions?

Page 47 of 65 (967 items) «Prev4546474849Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use