rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,875
Points 32,560
Roxana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:08 PM | Locked

Kathy G:

Roxana-will you keep track of this information for us and remind us later on of all the good thinking that was going in to this swap?

Thanks a bunch!

I've got it archived on my computer (just in case I forget! LOL!).

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,575
Points 26,380
Debbie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:57 AM | Locked

Kathy G:

Any thoughts on time frame, hostess, or number of participants?  Hope somebody wants to host soon so we get guidelines as I think it may take a little time to get these done...(that was a subtle hint for anyone who might be thinking about hosting this one *smile*)

Kathy G

I might be up to hosting this one but I agree, it will have to be after the new year, I'm still kicking around that other block swap idea I had last month, but don't have everything worked out in my head, yet.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,875
Points 32,560
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

For those who didn't participate in the Fall Color Half Square Triangle Swap, you might want to check out a picture in the Swaps Media Section. My selection is just a sampling and we believe everyone has their squares now. It was a great swap!

Fall HST Swap 2013

Thanks so much to all those who participated!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

I read a great article in to days F & P newsletter. I am sure that most of you receive it as well. However I do not always read through all the articles. I think this may be of interest to some of our new members, Last week Beth asked about washing fabrics, for swaps. Roxana and I both gave our opinions and answered for our fabric swaps and she has been following. This is more about all quilting fabrics. If you want to read follow the above link. 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  

BTW and a bit off topic, does anyone use the June Taylor ruler/ guides. I looked at some videos and I am wondering what you think about the softness of the guide/ruler. They seam kind of flimsy do they last? can you cut them with the sharp blades? Big question; are they worth the cost? If you have had experiences using them please PM me some information so we don't over ride this thread. I may be interested in the exact eighths ruler. Thanks 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

HEY y'all, is everyone busy?? I can't believe there are no posts here for 10 days. Thought I'd give a shout out for our 2nd annual winter fabric group and there is 4 spots left in the group 2 of 2" square swap. I see we have a few new members of the swap group. if y'all are interested in any of the running swaps use the links and check out what is happening. 

Happy October! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

I posted this message on another thread related to the idea of doing a holiday swap with 2 inch squares.  I am currently working on cutting the squares for the 2inch swap and they are going super fast.  Just wondering if others are interested in the idea of a 2inch square swap for holiday fabric??

This one sounds like fun.  It might be cool to pick 4 holidays (Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas) and have everyone do squares for each one-maybe 25 for each and open it up to more folks.  Then everyone would have enough to do table runners or a quilt if they chose to go that way.

Kathy G

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 4:34 PM | Locked

This one sounds like fun.  It might be cool to pick 4 holidays (Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas) and have everyone do squares for each one-maybe 25 for each and open it up to more folks.  Then everyone would have enough to do table runners or a quilt if they chose to go that way.

Kathy G

Cute idea Kath G, I think themed fabrics are so much fun to work into a swap. I like the idea of having part for Easter/ Spring fabrics and for the 4th, then a Fall cuts and Holidays. There are some good quick placemat, and table runner patterns that could easily be made from 2" squares. I am not so sure about how many participants as even doing say 25 per theme one would still be cutting 100 in each baggie for 1600, 1800, 2000, or more. 
I have been keeping tabs on the second group and seems that everyone is cutting away, ans as you say it goes quickly. WE do have a stash of fabrics, all of us. LOL 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 393
Points 4,935
Kristie replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:19 AM | Locked

Kathy G:

I posted this message on another thread related to the idea of doing a holiday swap with 2 inch squares.  I am currently working on cutting the squares for the 2inch swap and they are going super fast.  Just wondering if others are interested in the idea of a 2inch square swap for holiday fabric??

Kathy G

Love this idea and would participate gladly!  (It's amazing how much stash you discover as you start to cut up these squares for the swaps)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

I would be interested in doing this swap.  Keep me posted.  I fell 4 weeks ago in my apt. and broke my left shoulder in 3 different places.  I cannot cut material yet, but maybe by the time this starts I will be able to.  Thank you,

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 6,770
Phyllis replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Karen, that's awful!  I am so sorry to hear of your fall.  Hope you are already doing better.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

Would like a part of this also.....sounds like a good swap.  Pat

Pat   From Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 222
Points 3,625
klaynegrimm replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 7:58 PM | Locked

Hi CarylAnne

i have been watching the 2 inch scrap swap and did not realize that the mail date was in January since I would nt have to mail until after the Holidays I would like to join if there is still a spot open. If I understand right I would be cutting 1600 2 inch squares and bagging them 100 in 16 different baggies.  Hope there is still room. Thanks 

Kerry g

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,875
Points 32,560
Roxana replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Kerry, I'll add you to the swap as soon as I can. Count yourself in! Also, no more than two squares in the 100 can be from the same fabric.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,875
Points 32,560
Roxana replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

Karen Hollis:

I would be interested in doing this swap.  Keep me posted.  I fell 4 weeks ago in my apt. and broke my left shoulder in 3 different places.  I cannot cut material yet, but maybe by the time this starts I will be able to.  Thank you,

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Karen, I hate to hear this. How are you doing? Did you have to have surgery?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 222
Points 3,625
klaynegrimm replied on Tue, Oct 8 2013 7:16 PM | Locked

Thanks Roxana I  had forgot the no more than 2 in 100 the same part. Looking forward to getting started on the squares this weekend. Will be doing some quilting next week with my DD helping her make her first quilt (t-shirt for her DH). Since my Mother passed away in 2000 I have had no one to even talk to about sewing or quilting until I found you guys and now to have my DD wanting to quilt it is all great. If she is going to be serious about this I might do an extra spot in the next swap I am in to help her start a stash. I took a couple days off next week Mon quilting with DD and Tues my quilting and Christmas stuff. With all my projects I should be able to get more than a few suares done.

Kerry G

Page 46 of 65 (967 items) «Prev4445464748Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use