rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:03 AM | Locked

Kathy G:

There has been a suggestion to do a signture block swap.  Because of the possible scope of this swap, I think it would be a great new year project...old friends/new friends-you get the idea.

Anyone interested or have suggestions?  I think it sounds like a great idea and a chance to share a little bit of ourselves with each other.

Kathy G.

I would really be interested in this. There are so many blocks for signatures, I think we would have no problems picking a block. Great idea Kathy!

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:15 AM | Locked

Kathy, I would be interested in a signature block swap.

Melissa, I do have a question though based from your post. Would we just choose a block of our choice and sign it OR are there particular blocks for signatures that we choose from? 

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

On the Postage Stamp Swap, it looks like we have a full group. I still have a question mark on one participant. 

Anyone interested in my starting a second group? It'd be the same requirements exactly. I've already cut 24 squares for 16 bags and I think I could easily fill a second 16 bags. That took so little effort.

What does everyone think?

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:27 PM | Locked

A second Postage Stamp Swap Group has been opened. It's going to be great fun!

Postage Stamp Scrap Swap, Group 2 - Hostess: Roxana

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Attention!!!   Attention Please!!!!

There are only six (6) slots open for the Happy Heart Swap!  Hurry and sign up today...Let's start something sweet!

Kathy G.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 3:41 PM | Locked

Hello swappers, I’ve been silent as I had major issues with singing in on QCA. Finally resolved. Back in the loop as it were. 

I hope to participate in some of the upcoming swaps, as well as start the LC Winter Theme Swap in October. The issues with QCA were stalling the sign up.
I will get with Roxana at the end of September to open the thread, but in the interim, I wanted y'all to be inspired to use those beautiful squares you collected last year.

Thank you so much Roxana for posting for me the LC information on page 43 of this discussion. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Whatever happened with the calendar block exchange?  Is that going to happen?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 2:00 PM | Locked

Kristie:

Whatever happened with the calendar block exchange?  Is that going to happen?

I think Melissa is working on it. She wanted the charms all out before she started it. That was my understanding.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:11 PM | Locked

Thanks Roxana.  :)

Sorry, Melissa, I'll wait patiently. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

Roxana:

Kathy, I would be interested in a signature block swap.

Melissa, I do have a question though based from your post. Would we just choose a block of our choice and sign it OR are there particular blocks for signatures that we choose from? 

Roxana - There are particular blocks that are called signature blocks because they have an area in the middle to sign and are usually a star block. Here's a link for one. I hope it works.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SignatureStarBlock.html

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:21 AM | Locked

I really like that pattern.  I wonder if others would be willing to make several of them?  How many folks do you think would sign up?  I was thinking that 25 would allow a larger number of people to be included but I wonder if that number would overwhelm...thoughts?

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Kathy G:

I really like that pattern.  I wonder if others would be willing to make several of them?  How many folks do you think would sign up?  I was thinking that 25 would allow a larger number of people to be included but I wonder if that number would overwhelm...thoughts?

Kathy G.

Hi Kathy and everyone - I have EQ7 and there a lot of signature blocks on that program. I think it would be great if everyone did their own block style. Just a thought.

Roxana - I'm ready for the calendar block when ever you are ready to set it up for me. Again thank you so much for stepping in to keep these parties rolling.

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:18 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:
Hi Kathy and everyone - I have EQ7 and there a lot of signature blocks on that program. I think it would be great if everyone did their own block style. Just a thought.

I think that's a great idea, then each person could choose a block that would be at their skill level, or one that they were willing to make 25 times. You would set the block size, I like smaller ones like 6"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,935
Judi replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 2:27 PM | Locked

I confess, I am too swapped up until,after Jan1. I also confess that if I need to make 25. Blocks, it needs to be a really simple block

Not Ranked
Posts 65
Points 1,195
basketbear replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

Roxana - I'm ready for the calendar block when ever you are ready to set it up for me. Again thank you so much for stepping in to keep these parties rolling.

Melissa,

I will be away from my computer a lot this weekend...if the calendar block thread opens, would you sign me up?  I don't want to jump the line, so if it isn't possible that's ok too.  

Thanks.

Regina

Page 44 of 65 (967 items) «Prev4243444546Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use