SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 170
Sue71NC/KS replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

I would like to be part of the fabric swap--either one (Christmas Fabric/Winter fabric) or both of them. I have so much Christmas fabric that I would love to share. It could start when ever as far as I am concern--I have mailed off my black, white and red charms.

Sue Pennington

Sue NC/KS

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

Lots of calendar holder ideas out there... 

So, I think if you pick a size for the finished block, you could start the swap when you are ready.  I'll take any month.  Just let me know.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:59 PM | Locked

Kathy G:

Here is another calendar holder pattern I found.  Looks pretty similar and it has ideas of each month.

http://www.countrywomanmagazine.com/project/quilted-calendar-holder/

Thanks for the link, Kathy, but I couldn't see the ideas for each month. Where did I miss them? .... I definitely want in on this swap!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:10 PM | Locked

My bad...here's the one with monthly block ideas.  I think any block would work but it might be fun to choose a theme or 2 if enough people wanted to participate.

http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/group/ayearinstitches

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Kathy G:

My bad...here's the one with monthly block ideas.  I think any block would work but it might be fun to choose a theme or 2 if enough people wanted to participate.

http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/group/ayearinstitches

Oh, I love those ideas! How cute. Of course, the January doesn't fit Arkansas weather most years! That's why this will be such a fun swap!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:56 AM | Locked

Hi Erin!

I am doing several of the block swaps but would definately have time and interest in doing a red and white swap.  What were you thinking about?  Generic blocks with holiday or winter themed material or a specific block that everyone would make the same? Be sure and state up front if you're going for white or white on white.  If you are not up to hosting, let me know...I think I'd like to give it a try.   I would go for it-especially if the fabrics were holiday or winter themed. What are the other ladies thinking?

Kathy G

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:32 PM | Locked

I would definitly  do any red and white block. Any style, same or different. Waiting for the sign up list.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:32 PM | Locked

Kathy G:

.......I think I'd like to give it a try.   I would go for it-especially if the fabrics were holiday or winter themed. What are the other ladies thinking?

Kathy G

Kathy, I sent you a PM.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 596
Points 11,520
Judi replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:48 PM | Locked

Although I would love to do a red and white swap, I feel that I have too many swaps to think about another one until October, at least. I am afraid that if it were decided to use holiday fabrics, that I would not be able to participate. I do love the idea and would love to do a simple heart swap for February.  Our guild used a very simple pattern and those who participated used the same pattern and a red and a white of their choice. We had more people make this BOM than before or since

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:25 PM | Locked

I would be interested in a snowman block exchange - are we taljing using ant material with snowman in a block of our choice?  More details please?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:28 PM | Locked

I like the heart swap for February idea.  Boy, when I retire I'll have lots to do with all these swaps.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,620
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:32 PM | Locked

Debbie:

I would be interested in a snowman block exchange - are we taljing using ant material with snowman in a block of our choice?  More details please?

What are your questions? Would it be a snowman block or a block with snowman material? Is that what you meant? What are your ideas?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

Good morning all, Winter Theme Fabric Swap 10x10  

Hello Roxana, I would very much like to host a Winter Theme fabric swap, again this year.

A 10x10 inch square called a layer cake or stack, of solids are packaged in 40 pieces so I think 40 is a great # to have in a theme swap.

I am inclined to do a
20 participant 10x10 squares of 2 pieces each, as we did last year. I would have this swap end the middle of December or when we have 20 participants, & have the fabrics mailed to me on January 4th. This will give all a chance to get past their Holiday sewing and be ready to RECEIVE some wonderful winter fabrics.

The dates will not change, even if we get 20 participants early. Everyone will have until 01/04/14 to have their fabrics ready and in the mail.

Here is the math; each participant will need 1.5 yards of two fabrics that are winter themed, NOT HOLIDAY. Each participant will place two different fabric cuts ¼ folded together for easy assorting.  We had a wonderful assortment of fabulous fabrics last year this is the group photo.
I believe that these guild lines are doable for many people as the total fabrics needed would be 3 yards. Packaging will be kept to a pre stamped Flat Rate priority mailing envelope, which can be ordered from the USPS (free shipping to your home).

If anyone would want 2 parts of the swap that person would need to send in 4 different fabrics, sorted in twos.  2 parts will be the max.

We had a great response last year and I would expect this year to be the same. I’d like to set up sign up just after Labor Day weekend.

More and more new people are in the swaps so I would like to emphasize the need for these cuts to be exact. There is no selvages and no fudging in a 10x10” square. If anyone would like to see what is expected of the swap cut please see the information on pages fabric cuts.

Thank you.

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne-

Count me in!  I know you're sign up doesn't start til after Labor Day but I couldn't wait!

Kathy G    aka:the OCD Fabric Freak:)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,005
Susie replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:48 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne--I may be interested.  I am doing some deep clearning this weekend (since I'll be the ONLY one home!) and will be able to get a handle on what I have going on and what is in my stash.  It's going to be a busy weekend, not much relaxing for me, but I should be able to feel better about the mess in my little apartment before everyone comes home on Monday. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 41 of 65 (967 items) «Prev3940414243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use