rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:43 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

The pattern for the calendar holder is one I got from a class and she was very very specific that we are not to share the pattern.

Judy, I love the idea also. Is there a way we can purchase the pattern? I totally respect your not giving it away.

Melissa, I'll send you a PM.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:12 PM | Locked

Phyllis:

I would love a Christmas fabric swap but not until late September.  I am way over extended and need to let some things wind down!

I would think a late September start would be fine. Keep me posted on your status.... I don't think you are the only one needing things to die down! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:15 PM | Locked

I would like to participte in  Christmas fabric swap anytime!

Kathy G.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:18 PM | Locked

This idea is really different.  I would like to do one as well.  Can you let us know when and where you find a pattern?  I will look too and see what I can come up with.

Kathy G.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Kathy G:

This idea is really different.  I would like to do one as well.  Can you let us know when and where you find a pattern?  I will look too and see what I can come up with.

Kathy G.

Kathy, I am also going to take the picture in to my LQS and see if she can't help me write a pattern that can be shared. We'll get a pattern somehow!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,620
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:
I just love this idea. I would be willing to host this as soon as my Black, White and Red swap is finished.

That would be great Melissa. Several have asked for the holder pattern. The one from the class I took several years ago was the teachers own pattern and not easily reproduced. It was also unnecessarily convoluted. I have simplified it quite a bit so don't think there would be a problem with sharing it. 

These are the basic dimensions, very simple. The size really depends on the size of the calendar. These dimensions are for a standard  11 x 8 calendar and a 12" finished calendar block.

Cut 2 pieces 13 x 32 from fabric (I used solid so it didn't conflict with the monthly blocks). One will be the backing and one will be on the front.

Cut 1 piece 13 x 32  from batting.(optional)

Cut 1 piece of Deco Bond heavy iron on interfacing. Iron this onto the wrong side of the fabric piece that will be on the back.

Layer the three same as with a quilt. Bind ONLY the bottom edge. If you elect not to use batting, then I would suggest ironing on the Deco bond to both the front and the back.

Fold the bottom up about 9" and pin in place. Make it deep enough to insert a calendar and be sure there is at least 14" left over on the top where the calendar block will hang.

Now run a binding around four sides.I put a loop at the top to hang the holder on the wall.

The calendar blocks can be attached in a number of ways; Velcro, loops and buttons, decorative pins.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, I just wrote these out on the fly.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

I found this one.http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=84

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,733
Points 30,040
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

The calendar blocks can be attached in a number of ways; Velcro, loops and buttons, decorative pins.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, I just wrote these out on the fly.

Thank you, Judy! I wish I could write like that "on the fly"! You're great!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,620
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

Bonita:

I found this one.http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=84

Bonita, that is really very similar to the pattern the teacher had in our class. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 8,920
Judi replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

I love the idea!  I would definitely do December as I could make one of the blocks Generically winter for me!

Not Ranked
Posts 65
Points 1,195
basketbear replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 9:12 PM | Locked

I love this idea!  Hope there is room for me in this swap!

Regina

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

I'd be interested in the calendar blocks-  very cute!

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 305
Kathy Bernhardt replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Since it will be getting close to the holidays a winter themed fabric swap sounds good to me.

If you decide to do this count me in.

Kathy B.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,960
Kathy G replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

Here is another calendar holder pattern I found.  Looks pretty similar and it has ideas of each month.

http://www.countrywomanmagazine.com/project/quilted-calendar-holder/

Page 40 of 65 (967 items) «Prev3839404142Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use