SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Erin. Like you I love two color quilts.  Maybe after the Blue and white is over, I would also like to make a red and white quilt. Maybe make it any two color block and in a different size. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Erin. Like you I love two color quilts.  Maybe after the Blue and white is over, I would also like to make a red and white quilt. Maybe make it any two color block and in a different size. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 2:03 PM | Locked

Erin:

Roxana/Barbara ~ I know there are a lot of swaps happening right now but  I'm really excited about the Blue and White one happening now and was wondering if there would be any interest in a Red and White block swap some time soon?

My favorite color is red so when we get this started, I am in, in, in. I'm good with any size and any block.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 2:09 PM | Locked

Erin:

Roxana/Barbara ~ I know there are a lot of swaps happening right now but  I'm really excited about the Blue and White one happening now and was wondering if there would be any interest in a Red and White block swap some time soon?

Erin, I also would like to see this swap up and going. I love red and white (not to mention that they are Razorback colors so my husband would like that too).

I do think that since two block swaps are going on, we should wait a little bit. Let's continue to see what others think. .... PM me any ideas you have on number of blocks, the type of swap you are interested in, dates you have in mind, etc. .... and we'll work from there. ... We do have several swaps winding down.

Everyone else, let us know your thoughts! Please! The swaps are for you so we want to do what a group wants to do. 

Look forward to hearing what all everyone has to say!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750
erindipity replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Yes, I think we should wait till other swaps are completed too, I was just seeing if there was interest in red and white.   I'm happy that there is some interest! :)  Give me a few days and I'll get some ideas together and I'll PM you Roxana.

Erin

Roxana:

Erin:

Erin, I also would like to see this swap up and going. I love red and white (not to mention that they are Razorback colors so my husband would like that too).

I do think that since two block swaps are going on, we should wait a little bit. Let's continue to see what others think. .... PM me any ideas you have on number of blocks, the type of swap you are interested in, dates you have in mind, etc. .... and we'll work from there. ... We do have several swaps winding down.

Everyone else, let us know your thoughts! Please! The swaps are for you so we want to do what a group wants to do. 

Look forward to hearing what all everyone has to say!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

Judi:

I might be interested in this one if we did red and creme.

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

We had a quilter need to drop out of the two Blue and White Star block swaps. We have a space in each of the swaps to fill. 

If you want to join either group, please sign up. Blue and White Star Block or 2nd Blue and  White Star block. Please let me know what star block you wish to make when you sign up. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 3,005
Kathy G replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

Red and white would be fun...Let us know when to get started.

Kathy G

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

Several swaps are coming to a close. Anyone interested in a fabric swap? Christmas fabrics maybe? What are your thoughts?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 4,055
klaynegrimm replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

Roxana

I would be interested but the timing of when the fabric would have to be purchased would be the deciding factor for me. What time frame are you thinking about?

KerryG

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 11:43 AM | Locked

What time frame would work for you? Anyone else?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

Since I don't celebrate Christmas, I would gracefully bow out but a winter color swap would be fun!  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 405
Points 6,895
Phyllis replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:39 PM | Locked

I would love a Christmas fabric swap but not until late September.  I am way over extended and need to let some things wind down!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,927
Points 125,065
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:03 PM | Locked

I had thought of hosting this I'm not able to take it on at this point. Here's my idea if someone else wants to host it. 

Calendar Block Swap

Open to 12 people

Each person signs up for a month of the year and makes 12 blocks 12"x12".  April could be umbrella's, whatever, etc.

These blocks are meant to hang on a calendar holder like the one I have pictured below. They could also just be displayed each month on one of those block holders I've seen. The blocks could be left unfinished so each recipient could finish as desired. Otherwise they are layered with a backing and batting and binding.

The pattern for the calendar holder is one I got from a class and she was very very specific that we are not to share the pattern.

Anyway, thought I'd throw out the suggestion if anyone else wants to host it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:34 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

I had thought of hosting this I'm not able to take it on at this point. Here's my idea if someone else wants to host it. 

Calendar Block Swap

Open to 12 people

Each person signs up for a month of the year and makes 12 blocks 12"x12".  April could be umbrella's, whatever, etc.

These blocks are meant to hang on a calendar holder like the one I have pictured below. They could also just be displayed each month on one of those block holders I've seen. The blocks could be left unfinished so each recipient could finish as desired. Otherwise they are layered with a backing and batting and binding.

The pattern for the calendar holder is one I got from a class and she was very very specific that we are not to share the pattern.

Anyway, thought I'd throw out the suggestion if anyone else wants to host it.

I just love this idea. I would be willing to host this as soon as my Black, White and Red swap is finished. I think I will make one anyway even if no one is interested. Thank you so much for this wonderful idea Judy!

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 39 of 65 (967 items) «Prev3738394041Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use