rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,732
Points 30,005
Roxana replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 7:54 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

.....  their finished quilts. ....  the complete quilts. ... propose the finished quilts to be ready to mail on November 1, 2013. This swap will be a labor of love ....

I'm curious also but those words "finished quilt" and "complete quilt" are a little daunting. Could it be two swaps where the fabric is donated to someone else who will complete it by November 1? LOL .... I'm still interested though. I'll just tell the family that I donated their Christmas gift this year! All quilting is a labor of love. After all, isn't that one of the reasons we all love it so much?!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

Barbara:
Hi all ,we have several  swaps that are winding down.  so if any of you have some ideas for new ones  let me know, We do have some good and important reasons for swaps coming up ,examples: back to school (for those of you with kids ) ,Halloween , thanksgiving is not that far off . just good ole autumn  Just keep all this is mind ,don't want to wait till last minute .. Barbara

funny you should mention this... I just finished watching Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 with Laura Nownes, Block 8 for July, 60 degree triangles and diamonds, tumbling block.   I have always wanted to do a tumbling block but was intimidated by the Y seams, now her way eliminates that problem.  so I'm wondering if anyone else would want to try this and not sure if we wanted to do a block exchange or just the cut pieces (enough triangles and diamonds for a block), then you finish the block?  this would make a scrappy quilt unless we limited colors or theme.  

anyone interested or have an opinion on which way they want to go - blocks, pieces, fabric choices, theme??  I may be willing to host, once all the particulars have been laid out, hosted once and it was fun so might be convinced to do it again.  

I'm almost done with my HSTs and need another  project - Yeah, right!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 8:17 AM | Locked

Thea:
I am intrigued but not signing up as yet - but keep talking and maybe...

I'm with Thea, keep talking.  will have to see how involved this will be.  since my surgery will hopefully be early Aug, I would have time to do blocks, but a finished quilt seems overwhelming to me at this time.  will watch and see!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

Debbie ,Can you tell me which block she did , ? we could offer something like this up and see how many are interested , but  need to know which block .I know there are many tumbler blocks out there , are you talking about a specific one . Guess I could just go watch the  thing on Craftsy and see ..LOL   I do that and get back with you ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 8:29 AM | Locked

Ok Debbie I just looked at the tumbler blocks , yeah those are not hard I just did them in EEP group  in paper piecing.  IF you are interested in hosting , just write up and little  intro here and see if any other would like to do this . I would ,I think it would be interesting.  and make a fabulous quilt. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

i would be interested in doing the tumblers - i haven't tried them before.  barbara - i lived on college, the street on the north side of a school, not far from downtown.  was a long time ago.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

I did not see the original post about the Tumbler blocks, but I might be interested in doing one.  I think that would be fun.  Keep me posted. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,130
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

I am in need of many squares, 16 identical 4" squares x 16 x 16 or more, for a specific quilt needed for adults with disabilities. I am proposing a swap for those fabrics. I will be sending the pattern and my own well written instructions on the construction of this so very simple but challenging top. The quilting can easily be done on any domestic machine as the specifications for it are made simply so that everyone can partake in the project. Each participant (16) will have enough squares (4") to make 2 (two) quilts; one to give away and one to keep or give away.This swap will be a labor of love and money as each participant will be shipping the squares to me for distribution, (two postages) then they will be required to ship the finished quilt (s) to my destination. So each person who will partake must understand the full cost of such an undertaking. I would completely understand if I do not have the results in participants I need. There will be no cutting of fabric until every spot 16 is taken.
 Cost could be in the close neighborhood of $75.

I'm with some of the others...keep talking...I'm intrigued, but need more details...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 4,830
Kristie replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:57 PM | Locked

Debbie:

I just finished watching Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 with Laura Nownes, Block 8 for July, 60 degree triangles and diamonds, tumbling block.   I have always wanted to do a tumbling block but was intimidated by the Y seams, now her way eliminates that problem.  so I'm wondering if anyone else would want to try this and not sure if we wanted to do a block exchange or just the cut pieces (enough triangles and diamonds for a block), then you finish the block?  this would make a scrappy quilt unless we limited colors or theme.  

anyone interested or have an opinion on which way they want to go - blocks, pieces, fabric choices, theme??  I may be willing to host, once all the particulars have been laid out, hosted once and it was fun so might be convinced to do it again.  

I'm almost done with my HSTs and need another  project - Yeah, right!

Debbie-  I'm in.  I think it would probably be best to cut the triangles and diamonds and swap those so we can keep the sewing in strips (and have no y seams).  I'm good with scrappy, but open to other opinions.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

Thanks to all of you who are interested in the quilt for love. The need for 256 4” squares for 16+ quilts got me to you all.. The cutting and sewing of the top is the easy part, choosing 16 different fabrics then prepping those then cutting and sewing and so forth just are too much for one person to do. HOWEVER, that said I have decided to table the swap for now. I have had a recent family emergency and time will definitely not be available. 
I have spoken to the person in charge of the home where the quilts will go and she knows my family situation. She is so thrilled that I would take on this project with this group, & is in no hurry for the quilts, since it was not necessarily a Christmas giving project. It was I who was wanting to do this for the recipients for a Holiday date. 

TY Roxana for your continued support. I will enlist your help after my customers' Christmas sewing is completed.

Thanks again,I will pursue the swap & post particulars here in the New Year.
Your sister in QCA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:48 AM | Locked

Charyl Anne  lets us know if there is anything we can help with . until then. WE look forward to the new year when we can work on this project.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

Debbie, I'm open to the tumbler  swap,  I think this would be fun, now as to how, I'm open to what ever the group wants to do . I myself would prefer the block  but I will go with the group 's choice.  let me know when you are ready to do this and I'll open a thread for you .   Everyone is just coming up with great ideas for swaps  I love it .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 1:37 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Debbie, I'm open to the tumbler  swap,  I think this would be fun, now as to how, I'm open to what ever the group wants to do . I myself would prefer the block  but I will go with the group 's choice.  let me know when you are ready to do this and I'll open a thread for you .   Everyone is just coming up with great ideas for swaps  I love it .. Barbara

sorry, I hadn't gotten back with you on this, Barbara.  Still thinking on it, guess I'm not sure how to go - on the block we would have to make  # of blocks for however many participants we had, is that your thought?  so, it's going to end up scrappy unless we set particular colors or theme (like polka dots, stripes, batiks, etc).  these are what I'm struggling with wrapping my head around. 

at work and lunch is over so let me think on it and I'll have something for you tonight - if nothings else but a survey on which way to go - blocks or individual diamonds and oh, I forgot what else these need.  anyways, gotta run...later! 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

Debbie, ok , ask the group here to ,what thy might like to do with this , majority and  hostess rules .. LOL  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 23,990
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

Debbie:

Ok, need feedback  watch  Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 with Laura Nownes, Block 8 for July, it is 60 degree triangles and diamonds, making tumbling blocks with no Y seams. -  really easy peasy!

so, do we want to do blocks - each participant makes a block for all other participants (16 participants - make 16 blocks each, all identical) OR

do you just want to cut 60 degree triangles and diamonds - make enough for a quilt, now this makes a big block 18 x 17" so I need to think how many of each we would need to cut.

Also - do we want to go scrappy OR each person does a certain color and we limit it to 12 participants?  Oh, HELP!!!  I'm not sure which way to go.       

2018.Tumbling block Pattern.pdf

I hope you can access this... 

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Page 33 of 65 (967 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use