SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

just a quick note ,Ladies when you write a message  please either address who the message is to  or use the quote  in red on your message so we know who the message is to .  When you don't address it, your message may pop up to or three messages down and we don't know who it is for  .thanks all Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

Just want everyone to know that the HST Swap thread is open now. I think you can click on the below link to get there. It's going to be fun so I hope that you'll consider joining us!

HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

See you there!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:22 AM | Locked

Caryl Anne, thank you for your basic tote instructions.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

Roxana:

If you think you signed up for the HST swap, please double check the introductory swap information at the beginning of the thread (See link above) to make certain your name is on the list. We only have one spot open and I don't want to have missed anyone.

Thanks,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:38 PM | Locked

Because the first HST swap filled up so quickly, we have opened a Second swap in case you are interested in participating and didn't get to. I personally am looking for a large variety of fall HSTs for my project so I've signed myself up for both. They aren't due until September.

Here's the link for the 2nd list. Hope to see some of you there!

2nd HST GROUP : HOSTESS ROXANA  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:14 PM | Locked

Liz:

roxana, i would like to join the hst swap

i know it isnt open yet but i dont want to miss the signup, i think it will fill up fast.  can you add me to the group?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

Liz, could you accept my friend request and get me the information requested in the HST swap page? 
Thanks,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:35 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:
Kris great to see you here, it has been a while, for me at least, your input and Mimi's is always a welcome read.

Thanks Caryl Anne. These days my life is overrun with non quilt related issues. I hope to be a more active participant soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,140
Liz replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 2:57 PM | Locked

Roxana:

Liz:

roxana, i would like to join the hst swap

i know it isnt open yet but i dont want to miss the signup, i think it will fill up fast.  can you add me to the group?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE HST Swap :Hostess Roxana

Liz, could you accept my friend request and get me the information requested in the HST swap page? 
Thanks,

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,140
Liz replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 3:06 PM | Locked

roxana, i acceptd your friend request but have been unable to do anymore, i will get the info requested to you by fri

liz

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 6:09 AM | Locked

Hi all ,we have several  swaps that are winding down.  so if any of you have some ideas for new ones  let me know, We do have some good and important reasons for swaps coming up ,examples: back to school (for those of you with kids ) ,Halloween , thanksgiving is not that far off . just good ole autumn  Just keep all this is mind ,don't want to wait till last minute .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 6:48 AM | Locked

Good morning Barbara, I have one that I would like to do, I am working out the details and gathering information for the participants so that when the swap is finished they will have an address where to send their finished quilts. OK so it is somewhat a mystery. Yes, as you all know we have been finding wonderful new ways to swap. I am in need of many squares, 16 identical 4" squares x 16 x 16 or more, for a specific quilt needed for adults with disabilities. I am proposing a swap for those fabrics. I will be sending the pattern and my own well written instructions on the construction of this so very simple but challenging top. The quilting can easily be done on any domestic machine as the specifications for it are made simply so that everyone can partake in the project. Each participant (16) will have enough squares (4") to make 2 (two) quilts; one to give away and one to keep or give away. I have made the quilt twice and I have made up 15 kits for the baby size. Last year I committed to the 16 quilt kits, but as I was a brand new Granma, I did the kits and sent in the money for one so I could make it for Kayleigh. In doing so I was able to simplify the instructions as well as make a great design chart that made it simpler to construct without too much thinking. I hope I have whet a few imaginations. I will be ready very soon. My rough draft is written, I just need to finalize my plan of action for the complete quilts. I would propose the finished quilts to be ready to mail on November 1, 2013. This swap will be a labor of love and money as each participant will be shipping the squares to me for distribution, (two postages) then they will be required to ship the finished quilt (s) to my destination. So each person who will partake must understand the full cost of such an undertaking. I would completely understand if I do not have the results in participants I need. There will be no cutting of fabric until every spot 16 is taken.
 Cost could be in the close neighborhood of $75.
However, as stated each participant will have a finished quilt to keep from this swap.
Aha the mystery continues. Has anyone figured out what we will be doing?
 Please don’t spoil the fun, you can PM me if you want.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne-

I'm interested (and intrigued).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

I am intrigued but not signing up as yet - but keep talking and maybe...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:01 PM | Locked

i used to live in liberty across the street from the school.  i loved it there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne  looks like you have some pecks anyway ..  SO I'm anxious to see ,

Swedeami ,which school ? there are so many here  now . I to love Liberty . Nice town .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 32 of 65 (967 items) «Prev3031323334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use