Gail Nelson replied on Thu, May 30 2013 10:47 PM | Locked

Tangles or thangles???

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Thu, May 30 2013 10:54 PM | Locked

I just joined and would like to swap fabric with a few gals. 1/4 yd, or half yard or blocks. Is there any gals swapping fabric now? Thank you. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:03 PM | Locked

Debbie:

Roxana - no, did you try to copy and paste?  

I did try that earlier and it didn't work. It did work this time. I'd be interested in this swap also. I wish we'd pick different colors besides the crew or light solid mentioned earlier so we wouldn't all wind up with the same one. What size finished square? How many? Keep e posted on it. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:12 PM | Locked

Carol, there is a pillow case swap with a CHristmas theme going on right now. I don't know if it's full yet or not though.

Try this link (if I've done it right) to get you to the Swap Discussion.

Reply to: Re: PILLOWCASE EXCHANGE: Hostess Karen.

Or at least to read about it. You have to go back to Page 1 to find out the particulars of the Swap. 
Good luck! 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:16 PM | Locked

Judi:

I use either Tangles. Tangles use strips of fabric.  I use a  CD called Trianglations. I print a sheet from the program on tear away paper using my printer.  You sew on the dotted lines and cut on the solid ones. With an 8.5 x 11 sheet, you get about 12 HST that are 2.5 inches finished. The program can set up almost every size fron a half inch to about 7 inches!  I bought it from Connecting a threads years ago. It is very accurate. 

I picked up that CD at my Quilt Guild but haven't tried it yet. Does it let you choose the size of the finished square? Sounds like fun to me.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:21 PM | Locked

Hello Carol from Joplin MO.. welcome.
in the discussions you can see what is happening at this time. We have a pillowcase swap that will close tomorrow.. Friday the 31st. There are other swaps going on and those in different stages of being complete. You can see all this great information on the home page of swaps. You may want to read trough the guidelines of swapping as well. We have great swaps, sometimes multiples going on at one time. Barbara is our head swapping queen, She keeps everything running smooth, but again I say please go to the discussion pages and look, Then go onto the 'pages' and that link is in your far right side of the home page. Read all about what is needed then come on in and have some swap fun.  Hope these links help you out.

In other information, Judi,  Debbie I watched the video you have listed it is pretty cool how that works. I only saw pattern fabric years ago to do HST and those you placed fabric then sewed the lines on the fabric. it was a mess to say the least. I like the thought of HST swaps, but will remain neutral for now, too many things going on this next month. I will be watching though..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:30 PM | Locked

I like the idea of a HST swap but I don't use paper or anything like that. I use my easy angle ruler. 

Like Caryl Ann, I'm neutral as well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:34 PM | Locked

I'd like to see a swap date in August myself. June is quite full and July is filling up quickly.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, May 31 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

I use triangulations as well when I have more than 20 HSTs to make. It's a great tool and not very expensive.

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Fri, May 31 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

Than goes!  I seem to be mistyping lately!  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Fri, May 31 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

As I selfishly want to make a quilt pattern(one of Edyta Star's). I really want a lot of HSTs!  I would do a swap with a September mailing as that would give more people, moe time!  With vacations, etc, summer gets crazy!  

I will be happy to print out a Triangualtions page for anyone who doesn't have access to the program. I think there is somewhere on the web with a page printed, but I am not sure. 

Let me have a day or two to work out all the details. Since no one will need to press these open, it will save a lot of time. This is a really easy way to get a lot of different HST for a project. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Fri, May 31 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Judi , please do not put the Triangulations on here to be printed  this is a copyright violation and we could get into lots of trouble . If anyone wants one they should email you and then you can do what you wish . but we can't do this here .  I'm sure we can work out a HST swap if we have enough members who are interested in doing so . this would be alittle different then what we have done so I think we would need a specific size to trade and to set some fabric guidelines SO keep me informed and we will figure it out.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Fri, May 31 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

Roxana, We can have a swap for August if someone wants to host one. Might be a good time to think about  fall fabric ,that is usually a really good swap. If anyone want to host this swap just let me know and we can get a thread opened for it.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 179,533
Marie replied on Fri, May 31 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

Hi Carol, welcome!  Go to "Groups" and look at Fabric Swaps.  They're just getting finished with two swaps and getting ready to do another.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Fri, May 31 2013 11:47 AM | Locked

I definitely understand. There is a free site that has a diwnholdable paper. QuiltingandWhatNot.com. 

It prints out correctly on my ancient printer!  I use tear away most of the time, but when you use a small stitch, even computer paper tears easily!

Page 29 of 65 (967 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use