SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 905 Replies | 61 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:35 AM

Karen again I'm going to send you to check out Susie's  "color block swap "look at her intro on the first page of the thread she does such good instructions , just adjust them to fit your swap. IF you have any trouble just let me know . You'll do fine , 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,155
Points 15,865
Erin replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:12 AM

I was going to do one set but not in for two.   I am sure you all will have a really fun swap- hope some of you will post them when it's over!

Erin:

Karen- you can count me in!

Erin

Karen Hollis:

Hello Everyone!

I am thinking of doing a swap.  My idea is a Pillow Case Swap. Hopefully 15-20 people would sign up.  I would draw the names for everyone.  I would let you know and give you that persons information.  You will make 1 set (2) of pillow case for the person you have the name of.  I am thinking I would like to have it be a Christmas themed pillow case and we will have this be due by the end of July.  We will have Christmas in July.

What does everyone think???????  I am excited. Let me know.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Oh Erin, I am so sorry.  I wished I could change your mind.  If you do please join in.  If I can help you do another set, I would love to do that for you.  Just let me know.  I want everyone to join in.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,155
Points 15,865
Erin replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:44 AM

Oh it's OK Karen; I make these pillow cases all the time for my grand daughter and we have several sets (1 case here and one at her house). I am sure this will be a success and more swaps will roll out and I will join.  Thank you for the offer.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Erin,

I opened it up for one set as well.  Another person was interested in just one set as well.  So, I added to my Post and opened it up for people wanting to do one set or two sets.  Please PM me and I will add your name to the list for one set, also will need your address. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Thu, May 30 2013 2:54 PM

I think it might be fun the have a HST swap. We could all use Triangle paper in 2.5 or 3 inch finished sizes. Just cut apart but do not remove the paper or press!  This idea comes from an Edyta Sitar interview. She does this at all her classes. We could agree to use neutral, one dark and one light. Put the light on top, then the paper so everyone will be uniform. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 24,420
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 5:03 PM

I don't do my HST with triangle paper. What is that?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, May 30 2013 6:02 PM

Judi:

I think it might be fun the have a HST swap. We could all use Triangle paper in 2.5 or 3 inch finished sizes. Just cut apart but do not remove the paper or press!  This idea comes from an Edyta Sitar interview. She does this at all her classes. We could agree to use neutral, one dark and one light. Put the light on top, then the paper so everyone will be uniform. 

My LQS did an triangle trade-off last year. It was tons of fun. I made the Tree of Life quilt from Edyta's book. It's a beauty.

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 404
Points 8,085
Judi replied on Thu, May 30 2013 6:37 PM

I use either Tangles. Tangles use strips of fabric.  I use a  CD called Trianglations. I print a sheet from the program on tear away paper using my printer.  You sew on the dotted lines and cut on the solid ones. With an 8.5 x 11 sheet, you get about 12 HST that are 2.5 inches finished. The program can set up almost every size fron a half inch to about 7 inches!  I bought it from Connecting a threads years ago. It is very accurate. 

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, May 30 2013 8:20 PM

We could all use Triangle paper in 2.5 or 3 inch finished sizes -

ok, I'm with others - what's Triangle paper.  I really liked the method that was posted on another post earlier this week.  very easy to do and adaptable for any size.  I'll see if I can find the link, again and post it here.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, May 30 2013 8:53 PM

found it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPx2yuppaM 

easy way to make HSTs.   I think it was Debbie-do who posted this on another post about HSTs.

this might be an interesting swap, I'll keep watching and see what happens, may join in. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 24,420
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 9:34 PM

I can't get that video to load. Do you know who it was by?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 24,420
Roxana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 9:34 PM

It may be the storms here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, May 30 2013 10:18 PM

Roxana - no, did you try to copy and paste?  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 715

Would love to Swap HST - - - how many per swap - 12 people = 4 each 48???

Page 28 of 61 (906 items) «Prev2627282930Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use