SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 2:40 PM | Locked

I think it will be fun, too.  But for me, it really depends on the deadline.  I already feel like I'm buried to my eyebrows in projects, but should have most of them caught up by the end of June.

Awww, heck with it.  Count me in!  It sounds like fun, and I've only made 2 pillowcases, ever.  I'd love to make some more because they were so much fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, May 22 2013 3:29 PM | Locked

Love this idea, count me in.

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,265
Erin replied on Wed, May 22 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

Karen- you can count me in!

Erin

Karen Hollis:

Hello Everyone!

I am thinking of doing a swap.  My idea is a Pillow Case Swap. Hopefully 15-20 people would sign up.  I would draw the names for everyone.  I would let you know and give you that persons information.  You will make 1 set (2) of pillow case for the person you have the name of.  I am thinking I would like to have it be a Christmas themed pillow case and we will have this be due by the end of July.  We will have Christmas in July.

What does everyone think???????  I am excited. Let me know.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Wed, May 22 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

Karen what a lovely idea. I make pillow cases all the time just finished two sets for Mother at the home. she loves the softness of the quilt shop fabrics on her face. I am in for sure. They are so simple to make only takes about an hr to make a set. Perhaps we can make two sets per person, not expensive and will ship for the same price.. LOL maybe a Christmas set and one for fall?? your swap, but I'm in 4 sure.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Wed, May 22 2013 7:05 PM | Locked

I love it!  Count me in.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 750
vynnp replied on Wed, May 22 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

If you are willing to talk me thru it, I would love to join. Let me know

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Wed, May 22 2013 10:57 PM | Locked

ok, let me make sure I have this straight.  we're making 2 sets of pillowcases for one other person.  I've never made a pillowcase, is there a pattern? 

vynnp:
If you are willing to talk me thru it, I would love to join. Let me know

I feel like vynnp, why not!  sign me up

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,265
Erin replied on Wed, May 22 2013 11:23 PM | Locked

Debbie, I believe it is for one set (2 total). 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

Hi Debbie,

No, we are only making one set (which is two pillow cases).  I am sorry if I confused you.  Yes there is an example and little videos of this on the internet.  Here is one to look at.  They are so easy to do and they are so much fun to do.

Go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j06WzmN7KI

When she is showing you how to lay everything out, she says quilt, but she is talking about the pillow case materials.  We also call it a hot dog.  LOL  These pillow cases make wonderful gifts for weddings, teachers, secret pals, children, for anyone or for any occasion.

Let me know if this helps.  I make these pillow cases for the hospital I work for.  I do them for the children that are in the hospital.  It sure brings a smile to their faces.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

Here is another video to share with all of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYWCma9wgM

Pillow cases.  These are so much fun to make.  I love them.  I think all of you will too.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Thank you Erin, you are correct.  I will share this video with you too.  I hope that you will want to join in.

Have a sweet and beautiful day.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

I would love for you to.  Let me share the video with you.  There are several on the internet, but they are so much fun and I thought Christmas fabric would be an awesome way to get ahead for Christmas a little.  :)

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:02 AM | Locked

I am definitely in for two sets, if everyone wants to do that.  Yes, they are inexpensive to make and totally lots of fun.  I love colorful pillow cases.  When I travel I always get lots of comments on my beautiful pillow cases, of course when I take my pillow with me. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

Karen I will open a thread for you I think there is plenty of interest.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500
Karen Hollis replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

Sounds great Barbara!  I am not sure how to do all of this so please direct me and I will go for it.  I do want everyone to know that this is the video to watch to do the French Seams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=-j06WzmN7KI

Everyone will need to send me a PM to give me their addresses and say Yes for Pillow Cases.  Befriend me please.  This is going to be great.  Can you hear excitement in my post????????  :)

I also want to know if you want to do one set or two sets of pillow cases.

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Page 27 of 65 (967 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use