SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 888 Replies | 60 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:24 AM

Susie ,I think this is a great idea , I'll have to pass though as I need to get to many things finished up .once I do then I can start doing swaps again.  this should be alot of fun though and I may change my mind .LOL   it would depend on how many and the block choosen.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:22 AM

Hi Susie,

What block pattern(s) are you thinking about? 

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 3,480
Kristie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:24 AM

Count me in Susie!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:39 AM

I am looking at blocks now...I would like to find one that has a center square and then something around it...I'm leaning towards the Greek Cross style.  I don't want anything as busy as a log cabin. I am also looking for something that will be easy enough for beginners, and still fun for the novice.  I didn't get a chance to really do some digging, but hopefully will be able to tonight.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:57 AM

Susie:

I am looking at blocks now...I would like to find one that has a center square and then something around it...I'm leaning towards the Greek Cross style.  I don't want anything as busy as a log cabin. I am also looking for something that will be easy enough for beginners, and still fun for the novice.  I didn't get a chance to really do some digging, but hopefully will be able to tonight.

Someone from a previous swap gave us this link to look at blocks. Quilt Blocks Galore  Maybe it will help you in the selection.   

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,104
Points 110,180

Lillie:
Someone from a previous swap gave us this link to look at blocks. Quilt Blocks Galore  Maybe it will help you in the selection.  

Lillie, thanks so much for this link. I've bookmarked it and also pinned it to my Pinterest account. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 127
Points 1,085
Liz replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:02 AM

Susie:

hi susie, ijd lijke to join this swapl awa well, souh.nds fun

will you post all the particulars?

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:05 AM

Susie Looks llike you have some intrest , let me know what you decide and I'll get  a thread opened up for you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:12 AM

I will post the particulars as soon as I have them all worked out in my head.

Barbara--can we hold off for a couple of days until I get the block chosen.  Then we can call it by the block name.

WOOHOO!  Gonna be fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 12:03 PM

Susie just need to post it before Friday as I'm leaving firday for Branson . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

Goo day.. i am in too .. just keep me posted and send me the link for whatever is deicided.. sounds good Susie..  have fun deciding.. make sure i get the link to the thread.. thank you once it gets decided..

Lisa Fenner

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:18 PM

HI Barbara--

Can you please open the swap for me?  Let's call it Color Box Block Swap, please.  I'll load up the details tomorrow.

Thank you!!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:47 PM

WOOHOO!  Barbara is AWESOME!  She got the swap posted, and I just put the details out there.  Here's the link:  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/p/39551/512567.aspx#512567

Please let me know if you  have any questions.  I'm really open to suggestions up until the time we close the swap.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Just a quick note to say that a spot has just opened up on the Shades of Grey Fabric Swap, which has been full for a while.  If anyone is interested, please check out the details and let me know by the end of the day Friday March 1.  

You can find all the details here:  Shades of Gray ,Fabric Swap

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello everyone, I wanted to post this message that I wrote to our paisley swap group. It would seam that some new swappers haven't seen the link for preparing their fabrics for cutting. I am going to ask Barbara if she can place the info in the pages instead of the discussions as it will be forever lost in a few more weeks. 
 I had time this afternoon to play with our new squishies. The fabrics are very nice. However, much to my dismay, we received only 12 cut correctly. There are posted photo instructions, as well as video links, of how to prepare your fabrics and how to cut them for our fabric swaps. It is imperative if you want to have good results to read and understand the process. You are encouraged to ask questions if you do not understand these procedures. Every swapper in our groups wants to help, so that when we receive our packages they are welcomed and ready to use.
 Unfolding the yardage, pressing the center fold out and all the creases, squaring up the end, then making you correct measured length cut, will result in your pieces cut for the particular swap needs. I am placing the LINK for those instructions.
received as follows;
12@ 18”x WOF
1@ 19 5/8” scissor cut not squared not pressed
5@ 18.5 or there about
2@ 17.5”
1@ 17.25”
1@16 7/8”

several were not squared up, several not pressed. The deep factory creases make the fabrics off grain.
We encourage new quilters to join the swaps, without participants, we would not have the opportunity to share our love of fabrics with others.
Please feel free to PM Barbara or myself if you need further assistance.

Page 21 of 60 (889 items) «Prev1920212223Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use