SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,317
Points 18,415
erindipity replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

Miss read that....  IF the Easter is a layer cake swap, please add my name. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 4:44 PM | Locked

BARBARA,

I'D LIKE TO DO AN EASTER SWAP IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST. 

FRANNYE

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Hi Barbara,

I don't mind doing another swap after the paisley swap is finished. I love doing these so much that I don't mind doing another one. I think I won't be done with the paisley swap in time for St. Patrick's day. I can do the red, black and white one or the Easter one. Let me know.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

Melissa when your pasiley swap is finished you can do the RBW swap .can't do two at the same time.  The easter one has been spoken for already , Thanks to both you and jean for that.  Can't wait for the RBW  I loved that swap when we did it the last time. You may want to consider doing this one with a fat eighth.  that a 9 by 22 in piece of fabric. gives us alittle more then a layer cake but not as costly at fat quarters

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Melissa when your pasiley swap is finished you can do the RBW swap .can't do two at the same time.  The easter one has been spoken for already , Thanks to both you and jean for that.  Can't wait for the RBW  I loved that swap when we did it the last time. You may want to consider doing this one with a fat eighth.  that a 9 by 22 in piece of fabric. gives us alittle more then a layer cake but not as costly at fat quarters

MHO a fat eighth is a good cut for those who applique or craft, but not for those who want it to piece. Some people don't cut their fabric right on the grain and a 9" piece could be off grain by .5" or more. At the very least with a FQ you will have several ways to use the fabric pieces. The layer cake (10X10) is usable in charms as well as other patterns. Of course, as we find out that we really need to educate the cutting of all the swap fabrics.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

My brain is working overtime. I'm sure this has been done before, but I'm thinking batiks. Maybe during the summer.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:44 PM | Locked

Barbara it would be great if someone could do a cutting the material lesson.  I'm not good at cutting yet.  My quilting friend that passed away last fall did almost all my cutting for me.  She was working on making me cut for myself but we didn't have enough time.  I don't mind cutting just always unsure of how to place the fabric etc.  If anyone does this or if there is a class please let me know.

Joyce

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:18 PM | Locked

Joyce,

I'm with you. I can cut my fabric but I am always afraid I am doing it wrong.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:46 PM | Locked

Joyce .Okay I'll see what I can get worked out and try and do this for you , it may take a few days as I've have been up to my eyebrows in  busy ..LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:13 PM | Locked

Oh Barbara I didn't really mean for you to do it.  I know how busy you are.  I have been looking a little to see if there was a video posted on this site.  But haven't found it yet.  I just hope the Valentine swap I cut was ok.  I always get confused about the grain directions.  I will look at my book again.  But I really am a visual learner.  Thanks.  I know you are getting ready for the Branson trip.  You are a sweetheart.

Joyce

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:24 PM | Locked

I have it handled for you Barbara, I just need to have a thread opened. Call it fabric cutting is essential to better swaps and sewing. or tutorial on cutting, or whatever you think might get the attention. let me know.
Hold on Joyce we are here to help you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:42 PM | Locked

hi everyone, for those who wanted of a bit of information on cutting a new thread has been opened. grab a Cup o' Joe or tea then go potty then go to this link.. LMAO You people know I am wordy.. http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fabric_swaps/forum/t/39094.aspx  

a word or two; sorry for those up north that are having such crappy weather, it was 71 at 4:30 AM today & Humid..roses are waiting for the rain.
 the week of Valentines we plant here.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:22 PM | Locked

I was reading thru several areas and there are alot of people with a bunch of stash. I was thinking great idea if someone did a stash swap.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

I would like to know if there is enough interest to participate in a block exchange.

What I would like to do is choose a block, and each person participating gets/chooses a color.  Then each person makes the block in their chosen color scheme.  When we get them back, we will have enough to do a fun "crayola" quilt.

Thoughts?  I have a couple more ideas, but wanted to know how many may be interested first. 

Other thoughts:

--There will be one part that will be the same color (black or white tone on tone) to help with the continuity

--The block size will be determined when we find out how many want in.  (Fewer participants means a larger block).

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 6,855
Phyllis replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 9:37 PM | Locked

I like this idea as long as the block is not a real difficult one so that us beginners can participate.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Page 20 of 65 (967 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use