SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:47 AM | Locked

Carolyn,I to really like the gray swap , If we do this someone will need to host it ,I have a swap going and cannot do another one yet.  But I would love to do a gray swap. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 510
PalmaRama replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:54 PM | Locked

I agree with 20 being too many especially with the block of the month ones, our other groups we may belong to, and our own projects we are working on.

Just my 2 cents...I love penguins I collect them but snowmen...any other I would love to do this.

Jen

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Carolyn,I to really like the gray swap , If we do this someone will need to host it ,I have a swap going and cannot do another one yet.  But I would love to do a gray swap. Barbara

Sorry to be so slow.  I read this while I was half-asleep this morning and forgot to respond until now!

I would be happy to swap if others are comfortable with me doing it.  I know I'm a relative newbie on the site (started in August), but I've been pretty active since joining and by the time this one really gets going, I will have done 4 swaps here (fall, winter, valentine's and paisley).. So... I think I've definitely got the hang of it.  If a more veteran member would like to host, then I would certainly defer, to allow everyone the ability to have someone more senior in the group host.  But I'm perfectly happy to host myself if you all are comfortable with me doing it.  

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 2:03 PM | Locked

Carolyn said, "If a more veteran member would like to host, then I would certainly defer, to allow everyone the ability to have someone more senior in the group host. But I'm perfectly happy to host myself if you all are comfortable with me doing it."

I say go for it Carolyn, get your feet wet, it is not a difficult task just one that you are committed to. I am completing my first swap as a host, and I enjoyed doing one & plan to do another.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

You have my vote!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

I would prefer a layer cake swap, but will go along with whatever is decided.  Layer cake would be a little better for my budget than a FQ!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:10 PM | Locked

Phyllis,

You could host a layer cake swap and you could then decide what you'd like to swap. I'm sure we can have more than one swap at a time. Especially if they are different.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:35 PM | Locked
Carolyn If you want to host it, then do it. It will be good! you'll do great. I would join the Shades of Gray

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:13 AM | Locked

Carolyn ,I have no problem with anyone hosting a swap . just get what you would like for us to do figured out ,how many participants you want and and let me know  when you are ready and I'll open a thread for you . Look at what some of the other ladies have done in their  hosting and go from there .Let me know ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:01 AM | Locked

Ok, great!  I'd love to host a Shades of Grey swap!  Let's make it a layer cake swap with 2 fabrics for participant.  If 20 people participate, we could actually have up to 40 Shades of Grey.  lol.

This would require no more than 1.5 yards each of 2 fabrics (so no more than 3 yards total). 

I'm thinking March deadlines.

Barbara, I'm ready for you to open a thread whenever you get to it and I'll post a clear and complete set of details there.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

Carolyn ,your all ready to go ,let ne know if you need anything  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

Thank you, Ma'am! I've posted the details.  For everyone who has expressed interest, please head on over, check out the dates and details, and, if everything looks good to you, sign up!

Cheers!

Raleigh, NC

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 415
FRANNYE replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:49 PM | Locked

BARB,

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT AN ST PATRICK DAY SWAP?

FRANNYE

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:10 PM | Locked

Frannye, No not yet ,  but I'm sure others will see this and if we have enough intrest and someone to host  I'll put in up .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,140
Liz replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:26 PM | Locked

hi carolyn, id like to join the shades of grey swap but i cant respond on that site , i did join the group??? 

please sign me up

thanx,

Liz

South of Boston, MA

Page 18 of 65 (967 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use