SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 10:29 PM | Locked

Bev ,it is now closed ,  we will do another one I'm sure later on in the next year . sorry  you missed us .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 800
Tanya replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:15 AM | Locked

Hi fellow quilters, I'd like to suggest doing a 10" x 10" layer cake swap with "lights" because we always need background variety.  What do you happy stitchers think?

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:34 PM | Locked

Tanya,just what kinda of lights are we talking here . ?  let me know .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 800
Tanya replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:15 PM | Locked

Hi Barbara,  what do you think of light florals on white, white on white, shirtings, or other light tone on tones suitable for backgrounds?  uhmm, just some thoughts,  Tanya

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

Tanya,I like it but right now everyone is so busy with cristmas stuff ,I'm not sure we can get one going . I'll leave this post and see what kind  of response we get,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:52 PM | Locked

Tanya:

Hi Barbara,  what do you think of light florals on white, white on white, shirtings, or other light tone on tones suitable for backgrounds?  uhmm, just some thoughts,  Tanya

Tanya, Barbara I think this is a great thought. I like the tonal, mottled, color on color, tiny floral, background fabrics as a swap. If Tanya doesn't want to take this one on I would love to. Winter 10x10 is mailed in January
I think a layer cake slice 10x10 is great idea as well, because it can be sub cut into many different pieces.  What do you think of a swap with 3 parts one each light, med and a dark all being suitable as a background? No solids.  Or Tanya, were you thinking to keep the color range in the muted shades.. all lights like cream, ecru, white, gray, tan?  Great ideas!      

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 800
Tanya replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:37 PM | Locked

Hi all, I realize there are a lot of swaps going on.  This may be a good future one to consider.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,  Tanya

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:01 PM | Locked

SEW another weekend of working some last minute projects. I have a question; on my calender I have marked today as the day to see the state block postings. Barbara, I know you are out of sync right now and do not want to rush you on this, as nothing is so important to take you away from your family, however please revisit this swap when you get back home and let me know what is working or if it is a go. Thank you so much.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:15 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne:

SEW another weekend of working some last minute projects. I have a question; on my calender I have marked today as the day to see the state block postings. Barbara, I know you are out of sync right now and do not want to rush you on this, as nothing is so important to take you away from your family, however please revisit this swap when you get back home and let me know what is working or if it is a go. Thank you so much.

Carly Anne, I've tried responding to your post twice now and keep getting a message that says "cannot connect to QCA". Hopefully, this isn't a duplicate post.

I had told Barbara that I would host this swap and could post information in December. I have it ready to go but i have had some life glitches that really put it on my back burner. Plus I didn't want to bug Barbara right now about getting the group thread up and running so I can post the information.

If at all possible I would really like to postpone this swap another month or so. Would that be OK with everyone? I'm just a wee bit overwhelmed right now and I know Barbara has other things to think about.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 7:47 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

If at all possible I would really like to postpone this swap another month or so. Would that be OK with everyone? I'm just a wee bit overwhelmed right now and I know Barbara has other things to think about.

Judy, It's ok by me. There's a lot going on this month anyway.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 345
Beverly Caldwell replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:40 PM | Locked

I'm ok with making this start sometime after the New Year. There is lots going on with me also.

Beverly Caldwell

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 11:38 PM | Locked

Judy,I really don't think to many will mind this being delayed. I know I could use the time . So just let me know when you are ready, and i will get a thread open for you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 11:39 PM | Locked

Caryl Anne ,I think Judy answered the question for you . I to look fward to this swap but I'm gald she is going to delay it some. I need this time to finish other projects .  I Look fowared to doing this .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:44 AM | Locked
Judy T if you are referring to the state blocks I for one think it should be put off until January or February. I want to participate in this so please put my name on your list if it is not already on it. It is apparent that several have life going on and may not get to things as quickly as we would like but that's the beauty of QCA, it's flexible and understanding.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

RE: state blocks,
Hi Judy T and Barbara, I agree with the later date even February, doesn't matter to me, I plan of working it whenever I just want to be in the loop.. LOL I have plenty to do, I just did not want to miss it had there been a post somewhere. Y'all have a great holiday and we will see you in the New Year.
 Love to all and kiss a Santa!!another design from EMBlib

Page 16 of 65 (967 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use