SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:54 PM | Locked

How fabulous, it was such a great thought out process that has many people interested and now excitement for the coming of a new group> count me in for the unveiling and if I can be of any help to you MelodyP just let me know. I will PM you to add me to the list as it opens from QCA
will you moderate? or how does that work?

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:29 PM | Locked

MelodyP MO/KS:

Bev Yes it would be more of a quilting Bee but on line. With each member taking turns selecting the block it would belong to all of us and stat a Sisterhood in our craft. Skype would be cool but do not critique what we look like! lol! That may be an idea for those who want to.

Hey MelodyP;

I was joking about Skype, don't think you could do it even if you wanted to. I just had a picture in my head of everyone in their pj's cause when I am working on a quilt I forget and notice I am still in mine and it is time to fix dinner. Now that could be a cute name for a group ..the PJ Quilters.  heehee

from TN

replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:29 PM | Locked

Bev :

MelodyP MO/KS:

Bev Yes it would be more of a quilting Bee but on line. With each member taking turns selecting the block it would belong to all of us and stat a Sisterhood in our craft. Skype would be cool but do not critique what we look like! lol! That may be an idea for those who want to.

Hey MelodyP;

I was joking about Skype, don't think you could do it even if you wanted to. I just had a picture in my head of everyone in their pj's cause when I am working on a quilt I forget and notice I am still in mine and it is time to fix dinner. Now that could be a cute name for a group ..the PJ Quilters.  heehee

LMAO Do you do that too!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:29 PM | Locked

MelodyP MO/KS:
Carol, the blocks would be ours we would not swap anything but fun, time, pictures and friendship. No I would select January but someone else would select Feb. I was thinking that it would give everyone to be part. When all the blocks are done you can set it together however you choose and the show it off. I know I stick pretty close to my comfort level, but this way I could try different types of blocks and types of quilting. Does that help?

Yes this does help, Thanks.  I will be looking forward to the start!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Mel,we're cool LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:22 AM | Locked

Mel,I think this is a wonderful idea and a new gorup would be the correct place to do this.  I also like that you don't have to do one every month if you have lots going on,in a month .I would be very intrested in this as it would be alot of fun.  and the name is perfect

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:09 AM | Locked
Bev and Candis Just think, topic of conversation would be buzzin' lol get it

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:20 AM | Locked
Caryle Anne, yes I will be moderator. Thank you for being supportive! I too, although a bit insecure about it, am looking forward to quilting and being able to try new block patterns with other quilters. I haven't appliqued or paper pieced so if one of those is a pattern chosen good. There will be plenty of vet quilters to get advice from. Hopefully we can bond together.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:08 PM | Locked

Melody,

I like the "bee" idea. Much better than sending blocks. I'll join in as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 1:22 PM | Locked

Melody

I like your "bee" idea as well.  It gets hard sending blocks out all the time.  I will be watching to see how this goes and will most likely be joining in.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 1:59 PM | Locked
Wow, I didn't think I was going too be able to get on today. I'm glad it's up and running. Nana, If it goes like I would want it to, there will be no pressure except what, people like me, put on themselves. We will be able to work on blocks chosen at the first of each month, share, and have fun.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 19 2012 11:28 PM | Locked

Melody

No stress ...  yeah ....  that is the way groups is supposed to work.  I think you have a great idea and it will be a fun group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,993
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:09 AM | Locked

Melody, I love your idea, no stress sending blocks where your corners don't quite line up or it's a bit smaller than required.  I worry about mine not being up to par but want to participate in the group swaps.  Your idea is ideal for me.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:39 AM | Locked
Marie, I put myself under so much stress over the same things. I also know that there are long time quilters that I want to be able to learn from. I love the groups I have joined but thought there needed to be a place to just come together and sew. It should be up and running by the first of 2013. Thanks, Marie

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:17 AM | Locked

Would there be any intrest in doing a 30's reproduction or feedsack layer cake swap ?  if so let me know and I'll set one up , I love this fabric and I know there are others out there that do as well .  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Page 9 of 65 (967 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use