SWAP IDEAS

rated by 0 users
This post has 966 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:16 AM | Locked

This thread is for us to use for ideas about having a swap , don't sign  up here this is is not the place .  If someone makes a suggestion for a swap ,just let them know if it is a good idea  or yeah I think this would be of intrest to the group.    Anyone can make a suggestion for a swap ,that does not mean you have to host one,. Lots of you have great ideas, so wirte them down . let us know .  Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 230
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

I'm kicking around a winter-themed exchange.  Here are my initial thoughts, but by no means are these set in stone!

• Winter-theme (not Christmas)--snow, snowmen, penguins, etc.
  • Either block exchange or fabric swap, although I'm leaning towards a block exchange.
  • Thought is if a fabric swap, mail date would be approximately October 4-5.
  • If block exchange, mail date would be November 2-3

Anyone interested?  I'm still working it through in my head, but those are my initial thoughts.

I know Kelli said she was interested.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 9:51 AM | Locked

Susie, I think this is a great idea. Let me know if you decide to do this and I'll open a thread. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

Barbara - I am wondering if anyone is going to host a secret santa gift swap this year!  And No I can not do this but wanted to throw the idea out there as we have done one the last few years on QCA - I was not able to participate last year but did the year before and it was a lot of fun getting things together for my secret person - I like having time to do this and we are running out of time if we are going to do one this year!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:00 PM | Locked

Susie:

I'm kicking around a winter-themed exchange.  Here are my initial thoughts, but by no means are these set in stone!

• Winter-theme (not Christmas)--snow, snowmen, penguins, etc.
  • Either block exchange or fabric swap, although I'm leaning towards a block exchange.
  • Thought is if a fabric swap, mail date would be approximately October 4-5.
  • If block exchange, mail date would be November 2-3

Anyone interested?  I'm still working it through in my head, but those are my initial thoughts.

I know Kelli said she was interested.

Susie - if this was a snowman block exchange you would have my participation as I collect snowmen and would love to be involved in a swap block exchange of them but I couldn't participate if the number of blocks got above 12.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

Thea,I think it would be fun,I have not made up my mind yet if I will do it or not .I'll think about it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:07 PM | Locked

Barbara - I know how busy you are - so someone else might take up this big endeavor - i was not suggesting in anyway that you add this to your already overflowing plate... I wish I felt up to doing it but know that there is no way I could do it and do it right!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:10 PM | Locked

Thea it would have to have a set number ,we did 20 for the Christmas block exchange and even though I loved it it was just to many.  So I agree nomore then 12. if she does a block exchange .I to like the snowmen .Of course she could sit it up for so many with each group ,or someone else could pick up one . Just ideas  all ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:01 PM | Locked

I'd like to see a flannel swap. I'd be happy to host it if we get enough interest.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Thea it would have to have a set number ,we did 20 for the Christmas block exchange and even though I loved it it was just to many.  So I agree nomore then 12. if she does a block exchange .I to like the snowmen .Of course she could sit it up for so many with each group ,or someone else could pick up one . Just ideas  all ..Barbara

If we set the number @ 12 participants for the snowman block exchange, I would be interested in participating. I would be interested in hosting this exchange if you need someone to do it.

northern colorado

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:20 PM | Locked

Lillie:

Barbara:

If we set the number @ 12 participants for the snowman block exchange, I would be interested in participating. I would be interested in hosting this exchange if you need someone to do it.

I would be interested in a block exchange but am not sure what a snowman block would require?

from TN

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:38 PM | Locked

I would like a flannel swap too.

Sue

Sue

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:43 PM | Locked

Barbara--I think there is enough interest for a snowman block exchange.

Can you please start a thread for it?  Once you have it set, I'll post what my initial thoughts are, along with guidelines, dates, numbers, etc.

Thanks much :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 2:58 PM | Locked

Lillie

I would be interested in a flannel swap.  I would love to do a rag prayer quilt that was made out of solid and plaid flannels.  My husband, Paul, his son's church made one for Paul last winter, and when Paul died. I gave it back to Philip, but now kick myself because I wish I had kept it. :(  So I would like to make one.  So I would definitely be interested in a layer cake one of solid and plaids, as a suggestion.

I am concerned, though, as I talked with Melody, that there are different types of flannel and we would have to be careful about swapping flannel to make sure it is"yarn dyed"?  Just a thought.  I don't have a clue as I am new to the material qualities that everyone is so concerned about.  

Candy in Norborne MO

Page 1 of 65 (967 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use