A Quilt for Candy. Post Here

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
This is really great the response of all of you! Quilters are the BEST people of the world! Please be sure to send your blocks to me ASAP so it can go through the rest of the possess of becoming Candy's Quilt. Thanks Will post the list of participants in the morning.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
The list of people that are participating in Candy's Quilt are: Candis, Barbara, Susan, Jeanne (from MO), Yvonne, Tina, Margaret Weber, Jacy, Elaine, Richard, Jenne'quilts, Judy T-Bellingham, Zsofia, Beth Wright, MelodyP.(15 people) The deadline is ASAP. Any one wanting to participate please friend me so that I can tell you where to send your block.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 1:33 PM

MelodyP:
The list of people that are participating in Candy's Quilt are: Candis, Barbara, Susan, Jeanne (from MO), Yvonne, Tina, Margaret Weber, Jacy, Elaine, Richard, Jenne'quilts, Judy T-Bellingham, Zsofia, Beth Wright, MelodyP.(15 people) The deadline is ASAP. Any one wanting to participate please friend me so that I can tell you where to send your block.

Hi Melody - I have my block ready and I will mail it out tomorrow but I don't know how to sign it. I don't have any special pen and don't have time to go to the LQS. Any ideas what to do? Thanks Zsofia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Zsofia, go ahead and use a ballpoint and, if you don't mind, I'll carefully go over it with a perm. sharpy when it comes.

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 4:48 PM

MelodyP:
Zsofia, go ahead and use a ballpoint and, if you don't mind, I'll carefully go over it with a perm. sharpy when it comes.

OK. That works for me. I will send it your way first thing in the morning. Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 7:08 PM

Melody, Candy,s block is finished and will be in the mail tomorrow morning.     Susan

replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 9:38 PM

Mine will be in the mail thurs...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 400
TinaN replied on Tue, Apr 10 2012 10:32 PM

I will be mailing blocks for Candy's quilt tomorrow.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 8:54 AM

Melody - my blocks (I made 2) are on their way. Zsofia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
OOOOOOOH I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Great! I am getting so excited to see all the blocks

MelodyP

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:18 AM

Dear Fellow Quilters:

This has been quite over whelming, reading all of your posts on this project.  I am in total awe that you would even consider doing this.  I feel like I have been spying on plans for a "secret party" on my behalf.  

I haven't quite known whether to stay silent or comment.  Well, here I am.

This has been a really hard 4 months for me between Paul's initial surgery on Dec 12, his hospitalization, his chemo, and his death on the 18th of January.  I have been so lost without him, and have lost my desire to do what I use to love to do.  Then, towards the end of February, came down with influenza A, coupled with major depression, then acute bronchitis, dehydration and losing 26 pounds which my doctor says I am anorexic..  Finally gave up and let him put me in the hospital on Friday.  He wanted to keep me another 2-3 days, but could not get medicare to see the need to keep me, so he reluctantly sent me home on Monday.

I am some better, at least getting the acute bronchitis under control, am rehydrated, still fighting the depression and am trying to force myself to eat.

Thank you all so much for caring.  You will never know how much I appreciate the fact that you all would do what you are doing.,

It won't be long till I can get everything together.  I am going to Melody's house tomorrow and I will get my birthday material cut and in the mail, as well as go shopping for the April Layer cake material and getting it cut.  I also hope to put Barb's, Jacy's, Gwen's, and Bonita's block in the mail tomorrow.  

Again, I am overwhelmed with all of this and so appreciative for all of you.

Candy in Norborne MO

replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 1:51 PM

Candy, I am so glad to hear you are home!  I am also so sorry to hear of all your trauma this year.  You above all else need a giant hug!!!  I wish it could of been secret, but haven't figured how to do that.   We are here for you, at least by computer, and fabric!!   Lots of prayers and good wishes coming your way.  We are bound by name. And by a sisterhood of quilting, and I am originally from Kansas City Missouri,  born and raised, it's my home.   Take care of yourself please!     Candis

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 5:26 PM

Candy .I'm so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, and I'm gald to hear you are going to Melody's  you need to get out and get involved. Wehn I get back form VB we will have to go do something as well. You are still welcome to come and spend a couple of days at my house as well . We can get you back inot sewing again. You continue getting better and take care of yourself. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 6:05 PM

Candy, Im glad to hear that you are going to Melody,s tomorrow. Just take one day at a time, you have been through major trauma the last 4 months and need lots of time to heal from it. You spent many years of your life with your husband, Paul,and it will take a long while to learn to live without him and make a new life for yourself. I hope you are taking some meds for your depression as they can help a lot. Just , remember we are all here for you and will support you, love you. and send HUGS , via the internet. Melody is our stand in for all the love and hugs you need!!!     Im praying for strengh for you, but remember you have people to lean on, when you feel like giving up.   Your sister in Christ, Susan

Page 2 of 4 (46 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use