Block Base Sew Along

rated by 0 users
This post has 168 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris Posted: Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:49 PM

Use this thread to post and discuss your sew along blocks.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:35 AM

Thanks Kirs, I will start on my block this afternoon.

Also, Have you ever done an EQ BOM?  Some ladies don't have  BB so I thought it might be nice to have a sub-group, and maybe each participant can be in charge of a month??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:06 PM

I've never done an EQ sew along but I've done others. You just make the assigned blocks when you can. I probably won't be keeping up with this each month as I have other things going on.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:12 AM

Has anyone started the sew along?

I completed the first 2 blocks and absolutely HATED the second block.  Just was wondering if anyone else was frustrated and if not, please explain it to me.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:47 PM

The second block looks good for paper piecing, hand piecing or templates. I like the look if it. I'm having trouble finding time to fit these into my busy schedule. I'll try block two this weekend, time permitting.

Care to post a photo Annie?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 5:51 PM

Love the first block but butchered the second one and had to add a thin border to make it the same as the first one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:52 PM

Oh Annie,

I love these. They look great. You did a good job on the second one. I've added borders to blocks to make them fit a time or two. 

Now I really want to do them. I'll have to make time this weekend or cut tonight and hand sew at work.

Thanks for sharing.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 445
Points 6,915
Pat Badder replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:49 PM

Annie:

Thanks Kirs, I will start on my block this afternoon.

Also, Have you ever done an EQ BOM?  Some ladies don't have  BB so I thought it might be nice to have a sub-group, and maybe each participant can be in charge of a month??

Annie where do you get the patterns for the month I do not have Block Base. Let me know where to go to get patterns for the sew along.

Pat B

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 1:15 AM

The EQ blog tells you which block is assigned by telling you the number in the program. You need block base to get your cutting info since you choose which size you want to make.

If you're so inclined you can make your own pattern from the photo in the blog.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:44 AM

Kris, now I'm confused, perhaps you can clarify for me.  I started Sew A Long in EQ 7, not BB since they are linked.  Then I found the second block, colored it etc and changed the size to 8 in finished then printed templates as the instructions said, but the pattern came out with a really funky shape for the "C" triangle.  This morning  I went on BB and did the same thing, although I guess you can't color in BB, and when I printed the templates for the same size block , the "C" template looked normal.  That is why I had soooo many problems putting the pieces together!  Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I am running both on VM through my MAC?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 1:46 PM

Annie,

it shouldn't matter if you use EQ or BB if your libraries are linked. I know, from experience, that sometimes EQ software doesn't seem to run properly in VM but if you have it running I don't why it wouldn't print correct templates.

Check your printer settings in the print dialog box before you print your templates they might be different for EQ than for BB. When I use my Dear Jane software I have to change the printer settings with each new session. Also make sure the print dialog box has the correct size you want to print.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:53 PM

Kris,

Here's the goofy part.  Only one of the templates was off.  It was weird looking and printed that way on EQ 7 but perfect and printed perfectly on BB.  But just the one template.  all others were exactly the same.

I wish I would have tested it out before trying to make the "misfit" template work.  Now I know better and know what to do if I get that goofy odd template again..

Live and learn, right?

:)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:10 PM

That's right Annie. I really wish EQ would make a Mac version. Quilt pro does and now even Pfaff has embroidery software for Mac.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:34 PM

Kris, I bet they will eventually - but they have to get permissions and pay for the permissions to do a MAC version and do it specifically to MAC specifications.  But eventually if enough people write them requesting it I think they will spend the money needed to do that.  One of the reasons I still own a PC instead of a MAC - have thought often of doing it - but haven't bought a MAC yet.  Price has a lot to do with that decision - with all the changes in softwares and the constant having to upgrade it is actually cheaper to buy a new lap top every 2 to 3 years.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:57 PM

Here are both of my BB blocks ,I did both of mine using the templates ,and I had no problem with either one.  I'm doing my in 10 in blocks . Bth are with the same fabric

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 12 (169 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use