EQ7 Class Quilt University

rated by 0 users
This post has 378 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,870

<Sigh>  I'm having a little more trouble with the Applique class as I don't think the instructions are quite as precise as in Fran's class. Also, she's using EQ6 along with EQ7 examples which I didn't realize at first and was confused with the terminology and graphic examples. So I'm highlighting the EQ7 examples and, with a pencil, crossing out the EQ6.  I'm plugging along. This is good for me, it forces me to pay attention to the written instructions which I've always had a tendency to skim over. Can't do that here. Focus Brain, focus.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,870

Annie, I don't want to scare you, but this applique class has me really overwhelmed. And it's just the first lesson! I'm really anxious to see what your reaction is. Piece of advice. Make sure you have uninterrupted time to concentrate.

Is anyone else taking this Applique class on Quilt U?

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:04 AM

Judy, I looked through the lesson, just briefly, and right away I noticed that she skips a few little steps when directing us to a drop-down menu. I haven't printed it our yet but I suspect I will truly be challenged by this class.  Especially since I haven't had much time to dabble in EQ since our last class. Holidays were a bit overwhelming.  We have to cheer each other on.  After Monday morning, I will have time to dedicate to the class.  So Judy, maybe we can set a time to chat about all things confusing with EQ appliqué.  Maybe that canbe the name of a new thread, haha

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:05 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Make sure you have uninterrupted time to concentrate.

too funny, that's exactly why I have to wait till Monday after I drop off my DGS's

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 8:31 AM

Judy

I feel so silly.  I printed what I thought was the entire lesson, but in reality was only page 1.  I didn't realized it till I went to upload my photo and saw everyone elses, i.e. tulips etc.  My first clue should have been your comment about the lesson being 50 pages and I only printed 10.  LOL too funny.  Now off to work and then work on some more later today!

I am getting the hang of it, though

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,870

Annie, just looked at your gallery on Quilt U. Your heart appliques are terrific. You really have the hang of it and are so creative!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:55 PM

Judy,

You're too nice.  I am now going to start page 2 tonight.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:02 AM

Judy,

How is your lesson going?

I have only have leaves to do, How did you like it overall, so far?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:21 AM

Judy,

I just went to look in the gallery and saw your second lesson already there, I thought I wasn't behind, hadn't realized lesson 2 came out already.  Yikes, now to finish 1 and on to 2....

I love your flowers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,870

Annie:
I have only have leaves to do, How did you like it overall, so far?

Morning Annie. I'm learning things that I would never have been able to figure out and I like that. The instructor, Patti, isn't available for this posy session so Fran has taken over answering any questions. I am actually going to make the purple posy as a potholder. 

The building block class starts next Friday so it will overlap with Applique one week. We'll be busy. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 1:00 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
The building block class starts next Friday so it will overlap with Applique one week. We'll be busy

You can say that again.  I need to keep up with the Appliqué class.  I have been trying to catch up on my projects since I was out of commission during the Holidays.  Been sewing all weekend.  All caught up with Block Base, but haven't begun to FMQ Craftsy BOM. And need to complete my Mom's Flannel quilt.  I bought Minky fabric for the backing and not sure if I can quilt it the same as cotton....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,870

Annie:
All caught up with Block Base, but haven't begun to FMQ Craftsy BOM.

I've kind of let both those classes fall by the wayside. I am doing Barbara Brackman's current BOM. 

I took my purple posy and made a potholder. I was so anxious to actually try out using a design. I love it, except I messed up on centering the posy on the fabric. I thought I was so careful. But as I was doing each layer of the applique I held it up and, Oh Dang! it was off center. It's just practice anyway and a learning experience to be more careful. I also found why it may be important to be sure all facets of the posy are the same, especially when having multiple layers.

I appliqued through all layers, backing and the insulite stuff.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 11:27 PM

Wow Judy, it's beautiful. Now I am looking forward to the next lesson.   I think it looks great. I don't notice anything being off center.  Love the purples. I just finished my moms flannel layer cake quilt with kinky backing.  Came out nicer than I thought it would. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,852
Points 366,467
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:48 AM

Great pot holder Judy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:43 AM

Judy ,this pot holder is beautiful . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 23 of 26 (379 items) «Prev2122232425Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use