rated by 0 users
This post has 378 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:33 PM

Judy,

I expect they'll have it again soon since it was just re-released. It a great investment no matter the price.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:45 PM

Judy I got mine from the EQ7 website. shipping is free right now so I paid 69.99 for it .but it has so many patterns it was worth it to me. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Barbara:

Judy I got mine from the EQ7 website. shipping is free right now so I paid 69.99 for it .but it has so many patterns it was worth it to me. Barbara

Yea, I just ordered one also. Just what I need, something else to keep m at my computer and/or sewing machine. LOL.  Luckily they are side by side and I couldn't do without either one!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:39 PM

WEll Just had my first class. She gave us lots of good information and some new ideas to work on.  ,but not really a lot of things that I was not already aware of . but this is just the first class and she is going over a lot of stuff. She did show some new techniques,which I'm going to try as this is part of my homework ,which should keep me busy for the next couple of days.  All in all I'm pleased with the class so far. and can't wait to learn the things to make a whole cloth quilt. Of course I'm not allowed to share any of the classwork  infomation as this is copywrite issues..Barbara

Judy, Just think how much fun we can have after I get my EQ classes in and we can start playing with all of this ..LOL  I'm looking foward to it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

Barbara:
WEll Just had my first class.

Did you have trouble understanding the Bonus section? Specifically the Kaleidoscope. It wasn't until I went on to Lesson 2 that I was able to do that block.

Before I do the 2nd class in this series, in October, I plan to go back and do all four of these lessons again, from scratch, just to refresh and reinforce what I've learned. My brain forgets so quickly as I tend to skim through things and then need to repeat until it lodges in permanently!  Although I've been using EQ7 for awhile I did get quite a bit out of this first class. One more lesson to go and it opens up in about 10 minutes.

Barbara, I have been sending in three pictures after each class. They then post them on the website. I'm so glad that you and others are doing the classes also.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 9:00 PM

Judy,I'm not takeing the EQ7 class yet ,that doesn't start until Sept 13th ,so sorry I can't answer your question. I'm doing the FMQ class .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:20 PM

Hi Judy and Barbara and anyone else who is considering  the BlockBase software,

Kris is right, this is a re-issue, not a new version, but if you haven't checked it out, be sure to do so.  It's great just to look at the blocks Barbara Brackman has compiled, some of which date back to the early 1800s.  I'd suggest you consider buying Barbara Brackman's book, I believe it's called "Encyclopedia of Pieced Patterns" as a companion to the program, for those times you aren't sitting in front of your computer and want to "play" quilt.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 4:17 PM

Thanks Ms Pat . I just may do that ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:05 PM

MizPat:
"Encyclopedia of Pieced Patterns"

this book is no longer and print and will not be reissued according to Barbara Brackman. One of the reasons the software has been re-released.

She was on American Patchwork and Quilting's radio show earlier this week.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:12 AM

Thanks Kris , they do have it on amazon ,but the prices are terrible ,One was selling for over 500.00 . quess I'll stick with ,my EQ7 version..LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 9:48 AM

Hi all, I recieved my blockbase yesterday and I'm getting ready to download it to my EQ7 . it looks really exciting . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 10:27 AM

WOW all, I just downloaded my new soft ware,It goes right to your EQ7 with out any problems.  What a great product. I will never have to search around for a block ever again. I have them at my figertips now. It is well worth the little extra cost..   Judy and Annie it is worth it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 8 2012 10:38 AM

Glad you like it Barbara.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:09 AM

Tday I have my second class, anxious to do it . We are suppose to learn how to do tarpunto today. I am still waiting on my water soluible thread to get here. hope it comes today. wish me luck..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:14 AM

The Sept 14, EQ7 class is now open for registration . I just signed up ,Just letting you all know.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 26 (379 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use