EQ7

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255
Judy Kelly Posted: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:48 PM

I receibed my EQ7 Upgrade on Monday evening.  I had a chance to watch the videos and have to print the lessons.  Hopefully, it's much easier to use than the previous versions.  Judy

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:48 PM

Hi Judy,

The July issue of The Quilter Magazine has a very interesting article on E7.  I actually cut it out and put it next to my PC.  It goes through the 1-2-3's of the program very simply.  It is only 3 pages but very much worth the price of the magazine.  Like I need an excuse to buy another Quilting mag! LOL!

Judy

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255

Judy -- Thanx so much for the heads up regarding the article on EQ7 in The Quilter Magazine.  I will try to pick it up tomorrow.  As you said -- 'Like I need an excuse to buy another quilting mag!'   Thanx again.  Judy

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Judy,

Thanks for giving me an excuse to buy another magazine, too. And to say hi to both of you from another Judy.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255

Hi to both Judys.  I did get the magazine over the weekend but haven't had a chance to work through it yet.  Hopefully tonite.  Did get to the first PDF  lession and am now on to lession 2.  Just like being back in school.  LOL  Judy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Jun 28 2010 4:04 PM

Hi All Judys,

I went to a Jenny Haskins trunk show yesterday and they were showing 3 different computer programs that if you combined them you would have EQ.  I was glad that I have my homework and all the really cool tools that comes with EQ7.  My favorite was the point by point drawing!.  Also Those other programs did not let you print out templates or estimate what yardage your backing would be.

Judy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255

Hello Again.  Just finished going thru the lesson in The Quilter.  If nothing else, it's retaught me how to read directions and I remembered how to use eraser and undo (a # of times LOL).   Keep trying and you shall succeed.  I have a long way to go but am enjoying the learning process.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:17 AM

Hi Judy,

I know the article was over simplified but it was 1-2-3 and kept me from leaving steps out and then wondering where I went wrong.  I hope it helps some.

Judy

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 110
Erica S replied on Tue, Jun 29 2010 7:02 PM

Thanks for the direction!  I am working through the PDF lessons and would like another point of view.  Now, to find  the magazine.

Eirca

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255

Hi Erica -- I got mine at JoAnn Fabrics.  Other suggestions might be Barnes and Noble or Borders books.   I know I found it very informative and helpful.  Good luck.  Judy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:04 PM

Hi Eric,

I got my magazine at Sam's.  They actually carry several mags even Fons and Porter

Judy Lee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255

Hi everyone.  The July EQ Newsletter is out and available on the EQ website.  (electricquilt.com>community>newsletter)  There are over 800 Rose of Sharon blocks to download for free in this newsletter.  They are compatable with EQ6 and EQ7. I downloaded them and started to go thru them.  They are awesome.  Enjoy!  Judy Kelly

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 365,977
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 9:31 PM

Thanks for the info Judy K. There is a BOM using some of these blocks called "Roses of Remembrance". It's part of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Check it out.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 255

Thanks Kris.  I'll check it out later today.  Judy K

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 13 2010 8:28 AM

Kris

Thanks for the link....gorgeous quilt.  Will you be doing this one....

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use