This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy Posted: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:10 PM

Judy, or Kris,

Hello!!!

I am at a quilt shop with a lady who works here. I know that I have read that you can now design quilts in EQ 7 using this method. could either of you or someone else help me out?  

Thanks

Wendy

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 5:03 PM

Wendy there's a layout under the quilt worktable that uses a single patch. You can choose from many different shapes. I forget the actual wording. I'll update when I get home.

There is a tutorial for drawing hexagons here:

http://doyoueq.com/lessons/drawing-a-hexagon-layout-with-eq7-from-christiane-wipplinger/

I can't add the link on this iPad.

Hope this helps for now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Wendy, here's the link Kris was referring to

http://doyoueq.com/lessons/drawing-a-hexagon-layout-with-eq7-from-christiane-wipplinger/

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:11 PM

Thanks Judy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Well, I thought I'd give it a try but wasn't very successful. I did order the book. Maybe I should have saved the money for the going out of business shopping at the quilt shop tomorrow.

I'm going to make another MQ8 in two colors, only the blocks will be larger. I re created it in EQ7 and will take the pattern and fabric requirements with me shopping. Fun stuff.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:37 PM

I haven't tried this tutorial but if you go to start a new quilt and select one patch quilt (or something to that effect) you'll get a layout of all hexagons, triangles, tumblers, octagons etc. When I get home tonight I'll try this tutorial. 

I believe I have this book from when I purchased EQ6, I also have one for appliqué drawing but I haven't used either one. I like to figure it out as I go or use the quick video tutorials.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:38 PM

Sorry about your shop closing Judy. I'm fortunate to have three fabric shops within a five mile radius from my house and many more under an hour driving.

I hope you find another that suites your needs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Kris:

Sorry about your shop closing Judy. I'm fortunate to have three fabric shops within a five mile radius from my house and many more under an hour driving.

I hope you find another that suites your needs.

That's really not a problem. There are two more within a few miles. And another three within 10 miles of me. While each one has a good selection of various fabrics, each also specializes. This one has the best selection of large prints, batiks (which I don't often use) and classes.

Tomorrow I'll get the fabric I need for another MQ8 quilt (12 yards for just the top as I'm making the blocks much larger) and Batiks for the main portions of McKenna Ryan Dog Park. Also will stock up on fusible web. Maybe I'll take out another mortgage before I go. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:16 PM

LOL Judy. I'm glad you still have good options available.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 9:47 PM

Thanks Judy and Kris,

I have passed the information along. sorry it took so long for me to respond. I had my kindle with me, and it won't let me post.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use