Points 368,547
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:12 PM

Here's my block one of the SAL. It is 24 inches:

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,891
Points 32,790
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:23 PM

I've loved everyone's blocks. Kris, I must say that all of your blocks in the Halloween fabric have been wonderful! What a clever use of fabric.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Kris:
Images like that can be cropped to get rid of the tape measure. Use any photo editing software you have. I will often look for the image on another site since they all don't add the tape measure.

Thanks Kris, I wondered if they could be cropped to remove it. That will have to be for another day. My poor head cannot hold TMI at one time lol

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 133
Points 2,035

Kris,

Don't know what the issue was.  It worked today.  Maybe it was "too hot" yesterday.  My friend had 112 on her front yard thermometer.  It's supposed to be hotter later today.  I will let the computer stay cool!  Sure miss those days fishing in Maine many years ago.  We used to travel from NJ up to Princeton to fish.  Now I live in Phoenix and remember...no one to fish with here.  Maybe that's why I make quilts instead.

stitcheraz

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,798
Points 122,955

Spudgrandma:
My poor head cannot hold TMI at one time lol

Spud, I had to think about this one, then realized it was "Too Much Information". Love it and I'm definitely in the same league. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:42 PM

stitcheraz:
Kris,

Don't know what the issue was.  It worked today.  Maybe it was "too hot" yesterday.  My friend had 112 on her front yard thermometer.  It's supposed to be hotter later today.  I will let the computer stay cool!  Sure miss those days fishing in Maine many years ago.  We used to travel from NJ up to Princeton to fish.  Now I live in Phoenix and remember...no one to fish with here.  Maybe that's why I make quilts instead.

stitcheraz

I'm glad it works now. Sometimes all it takes is a reboot. DH goes fishing with his friends. I'm not much of an outdoors kind of person so I skip that stuff. It's funny since I used to enjoy fishing when I was younger.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 6:43 PM

Roxana:

I've loved everyone's blocks. Kris, I must say that all of your blocks in the Halloween fabric have been wonderful! What a clever use of fabric.

Thanks Roxana. These will be on the back of my LUS. I get to use up the fabrics that didn't make it on the front or the large prints that would be lost if cut too small.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640

Very nice Kris. Wow, 24" will be quit a chunk of the backing, very clever idea.

I have my blocks sashed and sewed together. My Janome iis acting up so I need to take her apart and clean her up. She probably has a microscopic piece of thread or lint hinding in her innards. I really like her, but she can be persnicity.

I have a little whole cloth quilt that I made for my cat and she would have nothing to do with it in spite of the kitty fabric. She has started napping on my futon which has a very light colored cover. I needed to get something for her to sleep on and remembered the quilt she didn't like. I have a bag of catnip and sprinkled some of it on the quilt on the futon and she spent the day sleeping on it. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:59 PM

Thanks Pat. The back will have nine blocks with sashing. I've divided the front into nine groups of nine with three block sashing. I'm doing QAYG on this project.

Seems like Squeaky just needed some incentive to use her quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640

Kris, are you quilting each block as you go or are you quilting each group? I did QAYG on Jodie's Sampler. I quilted the center, then each row as it was added (a row of backing, a row of batting and a row of blocks)difficult time getting the backing smooth, and actually have some nice pleats in it. LOL, it is on my bed so I can overlook it. I liked it because it was much easier to quilt around the outside of the quilt, but didn't like how hard it was to get each row attached.

I have finished my EQSA. It is a chair pad in my sewing room. I didn't have anything for the binding so I just did an overcast stitch around it. It is mainly for Squeaky to nap on and she didn't seem to mind, LOL. She is currently napping on the quilt she didn't like prior to catnip. I can't believe it took me so long to think of catnip. Oh well, I am happy to complete a project in a timely manner even if it is only a chair pad.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Kris, somehow I skipped right past your lovely block and did not remark what a great block it is.

Pat, what a great way to use your blocks and they are lovely. 

I need to get with it and finish my lessons, I got side tracked with CWR Churn Dash blocks. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 5:34 PM

Pat,

I'm quilting by group. I have one group quilted and a couple more sewn together. Now that I have another backing block completed I hope to get it added and quilted this weekend.

I like your chair pad. It's a great way to keep kitty fur off your butt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 5:37 PM

Spudgrandma:
Kris, somehow I skipped right past your lovely block and did not remark what a great block it is.

Thanks Spud.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640

Thank you Kris & Spud. 

I hope to have some time to play on EQ today. I want to design a quilt with different size and shape blocks to use up the EPP blocks I'm working on in the EPP group. That should be interesting since I am such a whiz at EQ, roflol. Oh yeah, I probably need to do a little house cleaning and laundry since I played all day yesterday. 

I am planning to use some more orphan blocks in chair pads. I though black chairs would hide dirt, didn't think about cat fur, LOL. I spent yesterday in my sewing room going through boxes of scraps, cutting them into usable sizes and getting them somewhat organized. I love the different system for keeping up with scraps, just don't think about doing it at the end of each project. I made a huge dent in the scraps but didn't finish them. In the process I found some blocks that I don't even remember making, lol. I plan to make chair pads and use them for free motion practice. They are a good size for that too.

I have a grandchild on the way so need to work on a quilt for him/her.  My dil doesn't want to know the gender so she won't be disappointed if she has another boy. So, I am making a gitl quilt, then a boy quilt so I will be prepared. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,891
Points 32,790
Roxana replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 8:47 AM

Pat Lancaster:

I have a grandchild on the way so need to work on a quilt for him/her.  My dil doesn't want to know the gender so she won't be disappointed if she has another boy. So, I am making a gitl quilt, then a boy quilt so I will be prepared. 

Pat, I love your little quilt for your cat that you made with the sew along. You and Kris are such an inspiration to us all.

My daughter didn't find out the sex of her last baby either. She already had two wonderful little boys and though she never mentioned it, she may have been in the same boat as your DIL. They were so shocked to have a pretty little girl join their family two years ago. I waited to make my quilt until after she came so I could incorporate her baby boy nursery colors into a little girl's quilt! I admire you for making two now.

PLEASE keep sharing your discoveries in EQ7 for the rest of us! Thanks again to you and Kris.

Page 8 of 9 (134 items) «Prev56789Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use