Points 127,624

Thanks Kris!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Very pretty Spud. The reds are very nice.

I am in the same boat as some of the rest of you. I took 2 EQ classes on Quilt University and did some of the lessons in the manual. But I haven't done anything with it for quite a while. It is not like riding a bike, it didn't all come back to me. LOL. I know that I really just need to start over with the manual and get back into it. Then I need to use it. However working full time and now facing the summer yard work I don't have much time. I think that is everyone's problem, we're just too busy.  I just have to challenge myself to spend so much time each week trying to relearn EQ. We'll see how that goes.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Pat, I'm finding that the only way that I get anything done is just to do a little. I don't try to run a marathon just little sprints each day. If I miss a day I don't beat myself up or let it get me down, I just do what I can the next day and I'm actually making forward progress and getting a few things done. I'm really slow but, apparently, slow and steady does win the race. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Slow has become my middle name, LOL. Yesterday I went to JoAnns and got a piece of black to make sashing for these blocks. I decided to make a chair pad for my sewing chair. Squeaky likes to sleep on my computer chair and my sewing chair. They both have black seats and they can be coated with her fur and I don't notice it. She is a tortie that is mostly black. I can throw chair pads in the washer, so I will get some use out of these blocks after all.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I still have not done lesson #3, but I did work on EQ a bit this morning. I imported some fabric swatches and hope to scan some and see how that goes. I really would like to work with the actual fabric that I will be using in my quilt. We will see if I'm able to do it, I tried once before many moons ago and was very frustrated with the results.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Spudgrandma:
I tried once before many moons ago and was very frustrated with the results.

Spud, when I scan my fabrics I use a resolution of 75. Seems to work better for me. Even so, I have trouble getting the colors perfect. But it still helps me decide on how to use the fabrics. I don't always scan my fabrics. Often I can find similar fabrics in the library. Enough to give me an idea of how it will look. I download fabrics from the EQ website.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 7:00 PM

You can copy images from the internet and import them to you fabric library if you have problems scanning. Right click the image and save in your pictures folder. Connecting Threads provides free EQ downloads for their fabric collections.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks Judy, I will try that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks Kris, I've downloaded, several years ago, from CT and it worked great. I copied some from the Internet yesterday but when I used them in a block they had a strip through them, kind of looks like a tape measure.  I guess it is not that big a deal but it would be nice if it were not there.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 2,165

Kris,

This isn't the right place to post this but I don't know where...  Have been exploring last summer's sew along to get familiar with the drawing tools.  Discovered that when I try to use the "flyout" from the applique tools to make other shapes, that the button freezes up.  Once in a while I can get past one shape, like to the heart and then the circle, but then I can't go to another shape forwards or backwards.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? or is it that my tendency to not do applique is "telegraphing" to my computer...  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

stitcheraz

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:25 PM

Spudgrandma:
 I copied some from the Internet yesterday but when I used them in a block they had a strip through them, kind of looks like a tape measure.  I guess it is not that big a deal but it would be nice if it were not there.

Images like that can be cropped to get rid of the tape measure. Use any photo editing software you have. I will often look for the image on another site since they all don't add the tape measure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:29 PM

stitcheraz:

Kris,

This isn't the right place to post this but I don't know where...  Have been exploring last summer's sew along to get familiar with the drawing tools.  Discovered that when I try to use the "flyout" from the applique tools to make other shapes, that the button freezes up.  Once in a while I can get past one shape, like to the heart and then the circle, but then I can't go to another shape forwards or backwards.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? or is it that my tendency to not do applique is "telegraphing" to my computer...  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

stitcheraz

I don't think it's you. Sometimes EQ can be glitch-y when you have a big file with lots of info. See if this happens on a simpler image. Mine hangs a lot when drawing one patch quilts.

If it keeps happening try contacting technical support so they can help you troubleshoot.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 2,165

Thanks for the encouragement.  I didn't think it was a big file.  I will try again.

stitcheraz

Page 7 of 9 (134 items) «Prev56789Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use