EQ 7 Sew Along

rated by 0 users
This post has 133 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

HI Spud, good to see you. We have been able to sign in to QCA most of the time for the past month or so. There are still problems, but that's life. I pretty much hang out in the groups when I am online because I don't have time or patience for problems.

We are doing the Jump Start Sew Along. It started in May and the final block should be posted on Monday, June 16th. Each lesson is just one block so you could catch up quickly if you are interested. It is kind of hard to tell how many have participated because there haven't been many posts. Lack of interest or login issues, I don't know. I personally don't use EQ enough to really know what I am doing which is why I have been doing this sew along. I am going to try to make time for the lessons in the EQ manual when this class is over. So many projects and so little time, sigh.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Spud! Good to see you back. QCA has been humming for some time now and Admin has been very responsive. Feels so good! 

Here's a link to the EQ project. I haven't actually made the blocks, but I'm following along with the lessons.

http://doyoueq.com/blog/category/sew-alongs/eq7-jump-start/

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thank you for the info Pat and the link Judy.  I checked out the tutorials and they look very helpful, I intend to print them out and work on them. I purchased my EQ7 just before I started treatment and I have forgotten everything so I will have to learn all over again. Have either of you posted your pictures at the Jump Start sew along or are they here somewhere? Or, maybe no one has posted pictures. Anyway, I would like to learn how to use my software and this looks like a really good place to start - Thanks!

BTW, I was always here, kind of, I came and read even when I was not able to sign in, so I somewhat kept up with what everyone was doing. 

Thanks again ladies!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 11:33 AM

Hi Spud.

Most of the discussion has been on this thread. I think Pat is the only one who has done any sewing. I'll be making my blocks to go on the back of another project someday (soon I hope). I haven't been sewn much of anything lately.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks Kris, it is good to talk to you again. 

I probably won't sew right away, I have a couple more blocks to make for the quilt I'm working on and then need to find some fabric for borders and backing. But, I would like to use my EQ again, I loaded it on my laptop the other day (I use the laptop more than the desktop). I will have to figure out how to take stuff to the other computer so I can print though, I cannot get anything to print from my laptop for some reason. 

My I did run on, anyway it is good to talk to you again and thanks for the answer.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

I am rather frustrated at this point. My intention was to do all of the blocks using the same fabrics and make a little wall hanging. Unfortunately, my brain is old and won't help me. I cleaned my sewing room so I could do a quilting lesson for a little girl from church. I put the fabric somewhere but have no clue where. I have looked everywhere, except of course the place where it is. LOL I am just about ready to choose some different fabrics and get block 3 done before block 4 comes out next week. Oh well, it could be worse! 

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

What a bummer Pat, but I do feel your pain. I hope it turns up soon. Usually if I forget about it for awhile and think on something else it will eventually come to me. :(

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Pat, how I can sympathize with you! Loosing something in plain sight is my favorite trick. And so frustrating. Recently I completely cleaned my room, removed all fabrics and reorganized into baskets and cubby's. I went through books and patterns and got them semi sorted. I found some weird things I'd forgotten even existed, like a Babuska pin cushion and a pattern I'd been looking for. 

Of course, now I can't find things that used to be in a certain location. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 3:21 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Oh well, it could be worse! 

Yes it could. Like losing my more than half done Dear Jane for over a year. I looked high and low for that thing. I finally found it during my sewing room makeover a couple weeks ago.

After you make your first block with the new fabrics you'll find the others.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 3:23 PM

Spudgrandma:
Thanks Kris, it is good to talk to you again.

You too Spud. I think about you often.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:26 PM

I have a couple of weeks of down time coming up so I hope to join in then, till then it's rush rush rush!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

Thanks for they sympathies ladies. Judy, I think there are little quilting gremlins that move things around when we aren't looking, that is how it apppears they were in plain sight, LOL. And no doubt I will find the fabrics when I do the block using different fabric.

Kris, I'm so glad that you found your Dear Jane. I too found forgotten projects when I emptied my sewing room. That's why my UFO list is so long! :-0

I had to mow the grass yesterday so I didn't get the block done, but will try to do it today. I hate to be behind when there is only 4 blocks in the project, roflol!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,551
Points 47,800

Well,  the plan didn't work. I made block #3 out of different fabrics and the other fabrics did not jump out of their hiding place and laugh at me. They are still hidden. So here is a pic with all 3 blocks so far. I suppose block 4 will be made with the different fabrics. It really doesn't matter much as it is just for my sewing room.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

I like your blocks Pat. Really beautiful fabrics. I've only made the first one so far.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 6:50 PM

Pat your blocks look great. Too bad the other fabrics haven't revealed themselves.

Page 4 of 9 (134 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use