EQ 7 Sew Along

rated by 0 users
This post has 133 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

Thanks Judy - I have been busy trying to dig out the quilt room and I don't seem to be making much progress :(.  I have so many things in progress, I really need to stop and finish things.  Maybe tomorrow, I will finish the 5 table toppers I have to do applique on and quilt.  Anyway that is the plan.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,828
Points 31,700
Roxana replied on Fri, May 16 2014 5:34 PM

Beth, I'm so glad to see you on QCA. Let us know how the table toppers go!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

I did the 2nd lesson and scanned my fabrics. I have scanned fabric in the past, but it has been a long time. I have a new printer and can't find any way to  adjust resolution or pixels. It worked fairly well with two of the fabrics, but the third doesn't show the pattern. It is the light so it is really OK. I plan to do all four blocks with the same fabrics so it was nice to be able to play with the block with the actual fabric I want to use.. I hope to get it cut out this morning before church. These lessons are good to remind me what EQ can do I have recently been thinking about designing a quilt for my bed.  Having the fabric in EQ would really help. Oh wait, I am not supposed to be starting anything new, this is my year of UFOs, LOL. It should be fine, I'm sure it would be next year before I am ready to actually start making it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Sun, May 25 2014 11:23 AM

Pat Lancaster:
Oh wait, I am not supposed to be starting anything new, this is my year of UFOs, LOL. It should be fine, I'm sure it would be next year before I am ready to actually start making it.

LOL Pat. I think we can give you a pass on this one since it's educational.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Thanks for the pass Kris, I feel better now, LOL. Here is a pic of block 2 and my Featherweight. I have been working on the FW, she was a swap meet find. She needed to be cleaned, oiled and lubricated. She still needs to be polished but I wanted to sew on her. This block is the first sewing I have done on her other than stitch testing. She has a nice stitch and sews easily. Too bad the operator is a blonde. I squared up the block to 9" instead of 9.5", duh!. I'm going to wait till the end of the project to see if I have enough fabric to re-do it. I had planned to do all the blocks with the same fabrics but will have to wait and see. Anyway, I love this little FW. I also have a white one to start cleaning up. She came from an auction. I told a friend who frequents auctions, flea markets and swap meets to look for a FW for me. He got me the white one and I was disappointed, I never even thought to tell him I wanted a black one,  but kept her anyway. Then he found the black one and I am a happy camper. Plus both together cost me less than some that I had been looking at. Do I need them both, NO, but that is one advantage of being single. I have lots of stuff I don't really need, ha ha.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Mon, May 26 2014 11:14 AM

Pat your block is lovely as is your FW. What little sewing I'm doing these days is being done in the living room on my FW. I love these machines.

The white ones are rare and I'm on the lookout for one. Don't want to pay ebay prices. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Kris:
Don't want to pay ebay prices.

That was my thought exactly. My friend got my white one at an auction for $130 and my black one for $150 at the swap meet. I looked on ebay for a long time and they were way more than I could afford. I never planned on having 2, but now am not planning to part with either one. They are great little machines. I have a lot of quilt blocks that my aunt made in the 1930s and I want to use my 1933 black machine to put them together in a top. I have no idea if she had a FW but my imagination can make a sweet story of her machine coming back to me so I could complete her quilt. Now that I have the machine up and running I might make that the next UFO I work on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:32 PM

Pat Lancaster:

I have a lot of quilt blocks that my aunt made in the 1930s and I want to use my 1933 black machine to put them together in a top. I have no idea if she had a FW but my imagination can make a sweet story of her machine coming back to me so I could complete her quilt. Now that I have the machine up and running I might make that the next UFO I work on.

That's a great thought Pat. Can't wait to see it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,573
Points 47,375
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 4 2014 10:17 PM

Roxana just told me about this...  I've had EQ7 installed for over a year now and I've got no idea what to do with it!  I'm a few weeks late but hopefully I'll be able to catch up.  I've found the website and downloaded the first 3 PDFs.

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:19 AM

Hi Debbie. Glad you could join us. You'll be caught up in no time. I haven't made any block yet since I'll be making them to go on the back of my LUS quilt.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Hi Debbie, glad to have some company. I made the first 2 blocks then cleaned my sewing room to give a quilting lesson to a young girl in my church. Now I can't find my fabric, roflol. I planned to use the same fabrics for each block and make a little wall hanging sampler. II can't imagine where it is. What a ditz I am. lol.

Does anyone know how to take a block from Blockbase and put it in EQ7?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 1:27 AM

Pat you need to link the libraries. This may have already happened automatically. When you go to add a block scroll down to see if Block Base is in the list. If not go to library then block library then select link library. You will see a list of all the EQ programs installed on your computer.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Thanks Kris. It was there all the time, lol. What I really need to do is use it more so I can know what I am doing. I saw a quilt the other day on Fons & Porter and wanted to put it in EQ before I forgot what they did. It uses a block in Blockbase. Since I have recently moved my sewing room I am not sure where the manual is at the moment.So, with your help I was able to get the block in a quilt in EQ.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 7 2014 5:31 PM

Anytime Pat. Happy to help.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi ladies, I was able to sign into  QCA for the first time in a very very long time and I have a dumb question what sew along are you doing, I know it started awhile back but I'm curious. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• Post Points: 35
Page 3 of 9 (134 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use