EQ Stitch

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris Posted: Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:18 PM

Just got this in the mail today. I was in the market for new embroidery software and was looking at "True Stitch" for my mac. Unfortunately my 4D suite is not eligible for the offered upgrade so it would cost me a bundle.

I decided to give EQ Stitch a try to see if would suit my needs. The files are compatible with my Pfaff and it's fully integrated with EQ7 which is a plus for me.

More to come...

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:11 PM

Can't wait to hear your thoughts....sale ends March 31st!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 515
Annie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:09 AM

I received mine on Thursday!  Had a bit of an issue getting it loaded onto my laptop (I use a Mac Pro ), but with help from tech support the program is up and running like a charm!  Love, love, love this program!  I haven't had time to really play as much as I've wanted - but what I've seen so far is amazing!  Can't wait to really be able to give it a good run and stitch out my creations!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:55 AM

Annie,

I'm glad you were able to get up and running. I have some homework to then then I'll be in the sewing room experimenting.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:55 PM

I spent an hour working through an appliqué lesson in EQ Stitch. I couldn't find the dongle for my embroidery program to transfer to my machine so it took a while. This is first appliqué of this kind. I didn't trim my fabric until after the stitching was complete and I nicked my background. I know better for next time.

I don't like that the EQ program doesn't have a direct link to my machine. I had to save the file then open it with my 4D program. A step I should have been able to eliminate in my opinion. Otherwise I would say this first try was a success. 

For the next go around I'll try drawing my own design.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 1:40 AM

Here's lesson two, simple embroidery:

I had no major issues with this one. I still don't like the route to my machine. The 4D software resized it from what I did in EQ even though EQ says the size is retained. I'll write to them to find out if there's another way to get it to my machine.

I ran out of bobbin thread on the second heart but no problems after changing it.

I tried tracing a flower and creating a stitchery from that. EQ will do the outline but no fill. My guess is that it's because the trace was not a continuous line so some of the shapes aren't closed. The flower stems were the only parts that filled. I will continue to tweak it and play as time allows. 

Over all, I'm liking EQ Stitch.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:03 AM

Hi Kris, I have been away far to long.  Just got the EQ Stitch this past week and installed,  Have watched the videos but have not printed out the lessons yet. 

Question:  Is the 4 D program you mentioned something you use because it is a Mac and not PC.  I don't even know what that program is.   I have been so busy lately that I have not had time to even get on line. So hope I can get to the lessons soon. 

Catch you all later

Granny M    Keep Your Head Up 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:17 PM

Granny M,

the 4D is the embroidery software that came with my machine. It's for Pfaff and Viking. It's all on my PC.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,695
Points 29,230
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:54 PM

Love the look of what you are doing! Please continue to keep us posted on your progress with EQ Stitch! Thanks, Roxana in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:35 PM

Thanks Roxanna.

I got some more practice in. This time I just played on my own. No lessons.

I tried to sew with a running stitch style. It didn't turn out good. I think it was my stabiliser/fabric combo. The stitches are very loose.

I restitched the same design as a normal embroidery. I had a mishap where the machine needle came loose. It actually did not break. I replace it but the design is off on one of the green stems.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 515
Annie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:37 AM

Wow Kris - you're going a mile a minute - I'm inspired!  I guess just like with anything else - this program will have a bit of a learning curve also.  I am thinking about your issue with having to open 4d to get the design onto your machine.  Does your machine load the design from a usb stick?  If so, can't you copy the design from the EQStitch program onto the usb stick directly?  I think if you are not making any changes to the design you are working on - and you saved the design in the correct format - you should be able to do that - and be able to skip opening 4d.  (I had both the 4d and 5d programs - and owned a Viking for many years).  Just a thought..

Keep up the good work - you are truly inspiring me to get my tookis in gear and get these lessons started!

Laurie

aka - Annie 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:07 PM

Laurie,

that's what I thought would happen but when I connect my machine to the computer it doesn't show up as a drive as a USB stick would.

The saved EQ design has a 4D icon on it and when I double click it 4D opens. I don't mind using 4D but it does not retain the size of the design.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 11:10 AM

Kris:

Granny M,

the 4D is the embroidery software that came with my machine. It's for Pfaff and Viking. It's all on my PC.

Thjanks Kris. Since my machine is a brother, that's why I had not heard of it.  I have not been able to play with my lessons yet, but can't get to studio today so will be going through them. 

Thanks for the ground breaking for us.

Granny M

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use