Does anyone have an external cdrom that they can lend me to reinstall my software.

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey Posted: Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:29 PM

I hate to ask but does anyone have an external cdrom that they can lend me to reinstall my software. My laptop that had the software on it crashed and my new one does not have a cdrom drive neither does my boyfriends. I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough if they had an external to send to me to reinstall my eq7 onto my current new computer. Once its installed I promise to send it back to you with insurance and confirmation included.

Thank you,

Carey Manninen

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:08 PM

Carey,

have you checked to see if you can download any of it? Some merchants will send you a file if you have proof of purchase.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:00 AM

I emailed eq themselves and they said there was no downloadable thing for it. The only two ways to reinstall it they said is external cdrom or to have a flash drive from a computer that has it on there and copy and paste the files and install onto flash drive and then onto computer.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:01 AM

I always go directly through their website normally instead of stores. So any proof would be in their files on me and my name. I still have the software but no way to install it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:19 PM

It's just sad they can't simply send you a file. 

Can you take you computer to Best Buy or some place similar and use what they have?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Carey. Don't know if I"m understanding this right, but are you saying the disk drive went out on your computer?  If so, you can purchase a USB disk drive that just plugs into your computer.  I'm not really sure how much I paid for mine, but I think it is alot less expensive than replacing the one in your computer.  Amazon has alot of them I'm sure.  I had to do that for my old computer too. 

Best of Luck!

Zeba

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:31 PM

Carey,

At one time not too long ago, I bought one and it was only 20 dollars. I hope you can find one.

kelley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:57 PM

Snugglebug Quilter:
Hi Carey. Don't know if I"m understanding this right, but are you saying the disk drive went out on your computer? 

Zeba,

Carey's computer does not have an optical drive. Many new computers no longer have them (makes them lighter).

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:45 PM

I am saying that my old computer that had the software on it died. My new laptop does not have a cdrom or anything internally to begin with they are called netbooks or ultrabooks. So yes she is right the new one does not have it to begin with sigh. I tried all over the internet for a demo or trial on eq7 but could not find one as that would have let me install it and then enter my registration code and authorize my new system. :(

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:28 PM

Carey,

no luck with Best Buy? 

I think many companies will need to start selling software with dongles since the drives are being discontinued.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Carey. I just checked on Amazon and you can buy an external CD drive for $11 and up.  They just plug into your USB port. I have one and it works just fine!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use